PDA

View Full Version : Can i do this

genestealer_baldric
11-05-2009, 10:51
the idea to form a perfect anti bret lizzard unit for a local tourniment thats come up, but iam not sure the legality of it.

in the front rank of either temple guard or sarus have both chaxax and the great white liazard (ive forgottern his name). This mean the white lizzards sheild stop charging brets, but they have to issue challange which chaxaxx accepts. Due to no charge bonus the bret will hopefully get smaked down.

But can this combo work or do they still get there charge bonus. :confused:

thanks for any help

Tykinkuula
11-05-2009, 11:25
The ones which attack (direct their attacks against him) the Great White Lizard (otherwise known as gor-rok) get no charge bonuses, everybody else does. And that unit will take more than one third of your points in a regular 2k-game.

Chaos Undecided
11-05-2009, 11:26
The way I read the entry Gor-rok's shield only works against attacks directed against himself so anyone fighting Chaxax in a duel would get all the normal bonuses

Gazak Blacktoof
11-05-2009, 11:49
If charge bonuses are negated does that mean that you can potentially stop some knights from attacking?

The additional fighting ranks for a lance formation only works on the charge so any knight in rear ranks that are force to attack Gor-rok would be unable to do so. Placing him on the corner of a unit would then stop a double charge being as effective.

a squig
11-05-2009, 11:55
if i remeber corrctely his sheild stops charge bonuses and counts as defending an obstical, but thats still gonna mess the brets up

Atrahasis
11-05-2009, 12:03
If charge bonuses are negated does that mean that you can potentially stop some knights from attacking?

The additional fighting ranks for a lance formation only works on the charge so any knight in rear ranks that are force to attack Gor-rok would be unable to do so. Placing him on the corner of a unit would then stop a double charge being as effective.

Knights in the rear ranks always attack the unit, never characters.

Gazak Blacktoof
11-05-2009, 12:10
Ah yes, I'll have to take a read of that again.

Spirit
11-05-2009, 18:05
I think (no book next to me) that his shield only applies to models attacking HIM. In which case the unit could just maul the saurus. Or not charge them, seeing as he should be able to see exactly what you are doing.

Spirit
11-05-2009, 18:05
In my opinion the best anti bret unit is an engine of the gods. 3+ to kill knights and hey only get a 6+ save? yes please.