PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Undevided WoC

Daicon
12-05-2009, 06:36
Here's my attempt at a semi-conpetitive WoC army. I don't normally use magic, but I figured I'd give it a go this time around. Constructive comments and criticism are appreciated.

Characters

Daemon Prince- 540 pts
Level 4
Word of Agony
Roar
Fury of the Blood God

Chaos Sorcerer- 186pts
Level 2
Infernal Puppet
Enchanted Shield
Barded Chaos Steed

Chaos Sorcerer- 170 pts
Level 2
Power Familiar
Book of Secrets

Core

Warriors of Chaos x14- 284pts
Mark of Nurgle
Full Command
Shields

Warriors of Chaos x15- 300pts
Shields
Mark of Nurgle
Full Command

Marauders x20- 150pts
Mark of Khorne
Flails
Full Command

Marauder Horsemen x5- 81pts
Throwing Axes
Muso

Marauder Horsemen x5- 76pts
Muso
Throwing Spears

Trolls x4- 180pts

Chaos Knights x5- 280pts
Mark of Tzeentch
Standard, Blasted Standard

Right now the one thing I'm wondering is would it be worth it for me to change the gear on my second sorcerer to get him the black tongue to use with the infernal puppet. Thoughts?

Mullitron
12-05-2009, 11:28
I would suggest giving you prince the mark of tzeentch, the +1 to cast and improving his ward save to 4+ for only 15 points is too good to miss. Personaly instead of going for the black tounge/puppet combo i would just give your two low level casters the mark of nurgle and use magnificent buboes to snipe the enemy casters. If you can try and put some warhounds in there also becuase their great for their points cost and to support your expensive knights and prince.

sipron
12-05-2009, 11:40
The only advantage of taking a prince instead of a sorcerer lord imo is tendris, so i would suggest taking it. Otherwise a sorcerer lord with a deamon sword would do the same job as a deamon prince just as good but much cheaper.

Apart from that detail the list looks good

Daicon
13-05-2009, 05:06
I like the idea of the nurgle snipers, but what should I cut to get the points for them? Also, while I like the +1 to cast and increased ward l, I'm not particularly fond of the lore of Tzeentch. My plan was to go with lore of fire to throw around a bunch of magic missiles to deal with any enemy fast cavalry or skirmishers that would be able to avoid my warrior blocks. Besides, I love the flaming sword of rhuin on a DP, nothing like 6 stregth 8 attacks that hit on a 2+.