PDA

View Full Version : 1999pts Orc tourny list

Kodamas
12-05-2009, 10:33
Hello folks,

I have a Tourny on the 30th of May that I am slowly putting the models together for. At this points Special and Rares are a valued commodity I also wanted to do a primarily Orc list. Having not played the game in ~5years I thought I'd get some feedback on the list:

Characters

Black Orc Big boss: Heavy armour, Shield, Martogs Best Basha, Best Bosses 'at, Chariot 216pts

Black or Big Boss BSB: Heavy Armour, Shield, Effigy of Mork, Sword of Battle, Chariot 244pts

Orc Shaman: Lvl 1, 2x Dispel Scrolls 115pts

Core

30 x Orc Boyz: Shield, Choppa, Full Command 210pts
25 x Orc Boyz: Shield, Choppa, Full Command 180pts
5 x Wolf Riders: LA, Spear, Shortbow, Musician 76pts

Special

15 x Black Orcs: Shield, Full Command 248pts
15 x Black Orcs: Shield, Full Command, Wabanner 273pts
2 x Spear Chukkaz: Orc Bully 80pts

Rare

Giant 205pts

The plan is to have the Orc Boyz in the middle, Chariots each side, Black Orcs each side, Giant on one flank and Gobbo Wolf Riders one the other.

I plan to use the Wolfies to run up and take out any warmachines, Giant to distract and the rest to advance up hopefully getting into bloody combat with whatever I am facing.

I am in two minds about the 2 units of Black Orcs. Thinking about combining them into 1 unit of 20. Getting a couple of more Boyz and a couple more Chukkaz.

Any thoughts about this list?

Thanks,
Ryan

rtunian
12-05-2009, 14:38
I am in two minds about the 2 units of Black Orcs. Thinking about combining them into 1 unit of 20. Getting a couple of more Boyz and a couple more Chukkaz.

what about a rock lobba instead of the 2nd pair of chuckas?

since you have 2 big blocks of boyz, and then presumably a big block of blorcs, why not spend that last 130 points (gained from consolidating your blorcs into 1 unit of 20) on either 2 units of ng bowmen, or 1 unit with a couple of fanatics ??

OrcsandGoblins123
12-05-2009, 14:55
Ok i hope you win cause i'm from Scotland too =D

Kodamas
13-05-2009, 00:21
Trying to keep it mostly orc. Obviously the wolfies are the exception. What are peoples views on boar riders?