PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Skaven _ Friendly Play

Sloppyjayman
12-05-2009, 14:54
I generally play against friends and therefore try not to customize OVERPOWERED lists or units while trying to remain competitive. Please rate my list, advise me on any recommended changes, or any other advice you can give is appreciated.

188 Models
8 PD with 2 bound
2 Dispel Scrolls

Characters

Grey Seer with 3+ward to shooting, dispel scroll, Bound Warp Lightning

Warlock with an extra warpstone token and dispel scroll + all the goodies

Plague Priest with EHW, 4+ward (roll for death at end of game), bound spell that doubles strength

Core

30 Clanrats with STD/MUS/RATLING GUN
20 Slaves with MUS
20 Slaves with MUS
5 Giant Rat Packs (30 rats/5 masters)
5 Poisoned Wind Glob.
5 Poisoned Wind Glob.

Special
6 Jezzails
5 Tunnel Runners with poison
18 Plague Monks with EHW/Full Command

Rare
1 Warp Lightning Cannon

Is this list competitive but not overpowered?

Thanks,

SevenSins
12-05-2009, 18:23
looks decent enough, personally I'd drop the plague priest for a bsb, and reduce the globadiers to get some nightrunners (they're golden).

Sloppyjayman
12-05-2009, 19:38
I find the plague priest to be very useful. Players don't suspect a rat to have 5 attacks at strength 8, with toughness 5 and a 4+ ward save. I know thats assuming that the bound spell gets off but i have enough magic to waste their dispel dice.

Do people not use Poisoned Wind Globidiers? I find them incredibly useful. I generally hide them in a forest and the jump out and lob Globes into combat. They make a mess of knights.

fubukii
12-05-2009, 22:46
I generally play against friends and therefore try not to customize OVERPOWERED lists or units while trying to remain competitive. Please rate my list, advise me on any recommended changes, or any other advice you can give is appreciated.

188 Models
8 PD with 2 bound
2 Dispel Scrolls

Characters

Grey Seer with 3+ward to shooting, dispel scroll, Bound Warp Lightning

Warlock with an extra warpstone token and dispel scroll + all the goodies

Plague Priest with EHW, 4+ward (roll for death at end of game), bound spell that doubles strength

Core

20 Slaves with MUS
20 Slaves with MUS
5 Giant Rat Packs (30 rats/5 masters)
5 Poisoned Wind Glob.
5 Poisoned Wind Glob.

Special
6 Jezzails
5 Tunnel Runners with poison

Rare
1 Warp Lightning Cannon

Is this list competitive but not overpowered?

Thanks,

List is illegal.

Grey seer can not have the storm daemon. GIve it to your warlcok (its a skyre only item) throw in the eye of the horned rat.
- lock drop the pistol.
- plague priest, give him a plague censer extra hw is iffy. Bands of power in a low pd army may be kinda iffy as well. Possibly get points for a 2nd warlock?

CLanrats - ok overal- id drop 1 rat from each unit for a even 30 with character. In addition id suggest taking unit champions, to issue challenges.
slaves id increase these to 21 or 25 for panic purposes.
- giant rats id probably drop these they are kinda so so
- wind globes kinda overpriced for what they do. 10 globes shooting into a combat will only cause 1.25 wounds. not worth the 100 pts, id drop them probably.
- jezzails are a little small to be effective best used in larger numbers. Id suggest at least 9 or drop them.
- PM not a amazing choice id drop 1 unit of them, make the other unit slightly bigger and used your saved points else where. With the extra points you will save you can give them the umbranner or the banner of burning hatred to make them better.
- With left over points id highly consider adding the following:
- Warlock with FKMP (Full kit minus pistol)
- More clanrats/slaves (maybe also drop down your clanrat units to 25 to save some points i personally like 29 in my units of clanrats but 25 is also acceptable.)
-2 man units of pwg is ok, as a cheap deployment choice. i also like 5 man nr units for redirecting and claiming corners.
- Plague censer bearers, one of the only good Skaven combat units.

at its current form id say the list isnt competitive, but with these changes it will become more competitive :)