PDA

View Full Version : Always Strikes First and Always Strikes Last

Griffery
13-05-2009, 02:37
What would happen if a unit has always strikes last from great weapons and then a banner that gives always strikes first. Would they just cancel out? Also what if a unit charges a unit with always strikes first. Who would go first?

Nurgling Chieftain
13-05-2009, 03:09
"Always Strikes First" completely overrides considerations of strike-last weapons and charging. Thus, for example, if you charge Swordmasters (High Elves with ASF and great weapons) they will still strike before you.

PxDn Ninja
13-05-2009, 05:19
What Nurgling Chieftain said.

The only thing that can counter ASF is another unit with ASF, then you go in initiative order. Fun thing is this means you can still strike first with a great weapon as ASF canceled the effect of the great weapon striking last, then the opponents ASF canceled out the ASF on each unit. If your init is higher, you strike first.

danny-d-b
13-05-2009, 06:55
What Nurgling Chieftain said.

The only thing that can counter ASF is another unit with ASF, then you go in initiative order. Fun thing is this means you can still strike first with a great weapon as ASF canceled the effect of the great weapon striking last, then the opponents ASF canceled out the ASF on each unit. If your init is higher, you strike first.

the other opiton is noxious vapours, you aways go last againts that, even if you have ASF I10 and a big hat of extra speedyness (which is red)

havoc626
13-05-2009, 07:42
Or you could use Amber Pendent. Or Nightshroud.

stripsteak
13-05-2009, 15:17
i believe it looks like this for the striking rules, of course I and other things like impact hits go in their proper places:
Always strikes first
beats
strikes first
beats
normal attacks
beats
strikes last
beats
always strikes last

danny-d-b
13-05-2009, 15:24
i believe it looks like this for the striking rules, of course I and other things like impact hits go in their proper places:
Always strikes first
beats
strikes first
beats
normal attacks
beats
strikes last
beats
always strikes last

your forgot one (and I'll imact hits as well )
Impact hits
beats
noxious vapours/night shrowd / amber pendent
beats
Always strikes first
beats
strikes first
beats
normal attacks
beats
strikes last
beats
always strikes last

theunwantedbeing
13-05-2009, 15:36
What would happen if a unit has always strikes last from great weapons and then a banner that gives always strikes first. Would they just cancel out? Also what if a unit charges a unit with always strikes first. Who would go first?

Great weapons dont have a rule called always strikes last
Page 54 of the rulebook for details on this.
This is where you are going wrong, as you need to re-read this page.

The special rule always strikes first is detailed on page 94 of the rulebook.
This then answers your other question.

Condottiere
13-05-2009, 15:55
I vaguely recall the discussions about ASF before it was FAQed.

Kalandros
13-05-2009, 16:05
about Nightshroud, yes it beats the striking order but that's only if the Vampire also doesn't have a Great Weapon, I haven't seen this yet but it would be funny as the Vampire would still strike after those striking him (it makes attackers I1 and lose ASF).