PDA

View Full Version : grey knights counts as

SirSnipes
13-05-2009, 05:26
whitch of thesedo you think would be the coolest army(using grey night rules)

gray knights as spartans converted from marauders

grey knights converted to custodes

grey nights as angels(dunno what yet)

Hellebore
13-05-2009, 05:28
Custodes obviously. Of course, given the propensity for leather nappies, helmets and capes that the custodes have in the 41st millennium, being spartans wouldn't be much different.

Hellebore

spacewolf_sven
13-05-2009, 05:37
Try some nemesis force weapon chaos marine unit-inquistion etc would'nt be hard to count as chaos

TheOverlord
13-05-2009, 07:39
Allied Grey Knights in Apocalypse counts-as the Justaerin, the personal bodyguard of Abbadon himself! Because nothing screams awesome as much as str 6-8 power weapons that strike at initiative whilst in Terminator Armor.

I'm not sure if the Grey Knights codex disallows that though, but I'd like to try that one day.

Sir_Turalyon
13-05-2009, 10:38
I have a Malalite marines army using Sons of Malice colours and Deamonhunters rules on my "to do one day" list. The motivation being Malal worshippers are fluffwise loner badasses, hunting chaos worshippers on their own and well capable of slaying squads if not armies of them without support. While reculant to cooperate, they sometimes happen to form small warbands to take out particulary important target; these bands are small in numbers but quite poweful. Now the basic Gray Knights armies have low model count, humblest soldier has stat line of aspiring champion and they have special rules useful against chaoss... with rethemed equipment names they make good ruleset for Malal's own.

SirSnipes
13-05-2009, 19:21
im leaning towards the custodes using GREY KNIGHT RULES

Inquisitor_Tolheim
13-05-2009, 19:43
Allied Grey Knights in Apocalypse counts-as the Justaerin, the personal bodyguard of Abbadon himself! Because nothing screams awesome as much as str 6-8 power weapons that strike at initiative whilst in Terminator Armor.

I'm not sure if the Grey Knights codex disallows that though, but I'd like to try that one day.

The codex "disallows" (read, has fluff that specifically forbids) the Grey Knights themselves turning to chaos. There's nothing to say that their rules can't represent particularly elite traitor marines. In fact using their rules for the Justaerin is a great idea IMHO. Most players I know wouldn't care if you allied grey knights to a chaos force in apocalypse (hell, you can ally tyranids with eldar or any other rediculousness if you want by the nature of that game) so long as you had an actual fluff excuse, rather then "they're grey knights that turned to chaos!" It takes five minutes to invent a traitor marine force that justifies having similar rules, just saying they are something specifically against the fluff seems lazy to me.

On topic, of the choices provided the Custodes would be the coolest. A properly converted custodes force would look absolutely awesome, and the Grey Knights rules are the best rules available to represent them. The old school Grey Knights had weapons that could be used perfectly for a Custodes force (swords/halbers with built in bolters) but they aren't available on the GW site anymore so will probably be hard to find.

Lord Damocles
13-05-2009, 19:57
gray knights as spartans converted from marauders
'THIS IS...' oh never mind...

grey knights converted to custodes
My funny hat and tight trousers give me a 3+ save.
Makes the most sense rules-wise, but have fun justifying them leaving Terra.

grey nights as angels(dunno what yet)
Surely Deamons would be more sensible?

Gutlord Grom
13-05-2009, 20:01
If you want to asee some Custodes, try finding a WD300. Had an entire article on how to build a Custodes army, and a fairly good explanation of how to make a Custode trooper. It was a combination Daemonhunter/Marine list if I remember correctly.

SirSnipes
13-05-2009, 23:46
i was planning on using marines with green stuff cloaks, high elf spearmen heads and high lf spears with bolters build into em

Mannimarco
14-05-2009, 00:00
i love the idea of using them as hardcore malalites (real term?)

Iverald
14-05-2009, 00:04
consider using Silver Helm heads, as they are actually looking better (in scale)
My 2 cents