PDA

View Full Version : Bolt throwers

skarsniktheunclean
13-05-2009, 07:11
I played my 2nd game yesturday at my local GW (which i won),my opponent used 2 orc seige bolt throwers,and they are amazing for there points,which brings into question,why are they better than gondors version.

Dont get me wrong im not complaining ( i play arnor so i wont be using them),but my question is surely the gondor version would be better,with the human inginuety and all that.

P.s.i was a bit bitter when they took down the three hunters but that was mainly my fault due to not reading their equipment properly.

Cheers
matt

Angelust
13-05-2009, 07:26
Um...I think I'd far prefer Avenger bolt throwers to Mordor ones. Why do you think mordor ones are more effective?

(I'm assuming you're not talking about Isengard ones, as they're overpriced in my opinion...)

skarsniktheunclean
13-05-2009, 09:29
Yup,the mordor version,ive only seen the mordor version actually in the game and seeing how good it was compaired to the avengers stats,they just seem rediculosly good

Emissary
13-05-2009, 10:34
The avenger gets more shots usually while the mordor one is stronger. That's the difference.

brain_dead_1st
13-05-2009, 11:58
so mordor one is good because of the mass of D6 units good field
and gondor one is good because of the ma-HUSIVE number of low D units evil generally field.

Over all a tool for a job.

xxRavenxx
13-05-2009, 17:16
The isengard one is a pain. Ive had to resort to standing lurtz in the unit at points to help them actually get some shots off on important targets. Its just so unreliable for actually doing anything.

Sarah S
13-05-2009, 18:13
They are all rather unreliable.

Which is fine because, for their points cost, they have the capability to do incredible amounts of damage.

koran
13-05-2009, 18:55
The isengard one is a pain. Ive had to resort to standing lurtz in the unit at points to help them actually get some shots off on important targets. Its just so unreliable for actually doing anything.

I was under the impression Heroes can NOT join artillery....

Emissary
13-05-2009, 19:05
Haven't seen anything that prevents it.

Edonil
15-05-2009, 14:58
They're a formation, just like anything else, so there's no reason you can't put heroes in artillery. However, it's my personal opinion that artillery in WOTR is, really, an all or nothing deal. One won't do a whole lot, two will be a little bit more reliable, and three, you can at least hope to get one shot hitting a turn.