PDA

View Full Version : Warmachine Questions.

Sedge
13-05-2009, 11:11
Having played a gondor chap last night who had 3 avenger bolt throwers, I would just like to confirm the rules.

How many crew do they have? We worked it as 3 crew as per page 61. Is this right, all pictures of it show 2 crew.

Do they get modifiers to there roll depending on target formation size?

What field of fire do they get? Are they deployed at beginning of game, can't move and hence must remaon pointing in the same direction? We didn't play it like this but used a 360deg line of fire.

They sure did seem very powerful for their 50pts. Especially against my elves. I was almost forced to sit just out of range for most of the game shooting at there fantastic defence value.

Emissary
13-05-2009, 11:38
How many crew do they have? We worked it as 3 crew as per page 61. Is this right, all pictures of it show 2 crew.
They have 3 crew. It's in the rules for artillery on page 61.

Do they get modifiers to there roll depending on target formation size?
Yes, they use all the artillery rules except they have their own chart. This does mean when they fire at monsters (including the mumak and dragon) they get a -1.

What field of fire do they get? Are they deployed at beginning of game, can't move and hence must remaon pointing in the same direction? We didn't play it like this but used a 360deg line of fire.

They have the standard 90 degree field of fire. They cannot move once deployed. So once deployed, if you get out of their field of fire, they can't turn to shoot at you.

Sedge
13-05-2009, 12:04
Nice one, thanks.