PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Points WoC.. Small but effective?

Aussie_Made
13-05-2009, 12:06
Hey all theres been quite a few 1500 points tournaments being held at my local GWS lately so thought i would try my hand at a list to play in the next one being held. I know it doesnt have a very high model count at all..

Exalted Hero 214pts
Mark of Tzeentch
Golden Eye of Tzeentch
Disc of Tzeentch
Bronze Armour of Zhrakk
Flail
Shield
Battle Standard Bearer
*Flys around to take out light cav and war machines or otherwise used to help out in combats by adding 4 str7 attacks and +1 for bsb*

Exalted Hero 234pts
Mark of Slaanesh
Enchanted Shield
Flail
Chariot
*never used an exalted hero in a chariot before but first time for everything :)*

Sorcerer 135pts
2 x Dispel Scroll
*scroll caddy*

14 Warriors 292pts
Mark of Nurgle
Shields
Standard Bearer
Rapturous Standard
Musician
*main anchor doesnt have much hitting power i realise but hopefull rapturous standard and rerolls from bsb will help this unit stay in combat untill it can be assisted with either the horsemen or exalted in chariot in the flank*

5 Marauder Horsemen 101pts
Mark of Slaanesh
Flails
Throwing Axes
Musician
*enough said*

5 Chaos Knights 260pts
Mark of Nurgle
Standard Bearer
Musician
*a must have*

Giant 265 pts
Mark of Slaanesh
*to take all out enemy monsters or units with multiple wounds...or just a pin couchin to take missile fire away from the rest of my small army*

Total = 1501 points (can take muso out of warriors if they gonna be anal about being 1 point over)

I wanted at least 1 unit of hounds but didnt want to take the MoS off of the Giant...runesword would also be nice for the exalted in chariot but points just wouldnt allow it...I know its small...but is it competitive? Thoughts? Suggestions?

ROCKY
13-05-2009, 19:12
well some things to consider in a 1500 point game... NOT smart paying too much for characters. and why MoS on ur exalted? secondly the list will be crippled. u have only one block of infantry and it might not even see combat. u can go mixed, infantry, or all cav. for a mixed horde try taking a sorcerer and one exalted with the MoK or MoT then focus on getting two units of like 20 maruaders (mos and mok) then get hounds then get two units of knights. :)