PDA

View Full Version : SBG - Mumak Stampede

irishthump
13-05-2009, 13:00
Guys,

This happened in a game recently...

My opponent is fielding 2 Mumakil:

Mumak 1 is wounded in combat and fails it's courage test. It stampedes in the next turn and I directed into contact with Mumak 2.

Mumak 2 is wounded and fails it's courage test.

Does the Mumak still get to move normally? My opponent thinks it does, as the rulebook wording says it will stampede at the start of the next Evil move phase. Since it was just a friendly game, I let my opponent move.
He proceeds to trampel several warriors and ends up in contact with Boromir, who has used all his fate to stay allive.
Even though I allowed this to happen, I still think it's an illegal move for the following reason:

The Mumak stampedes because it's commander loses control. (The pain of being wounded causes the olliphant to "wig out"!)

Any thoughts?

jaws900
13-05-2009, 14:34
I think the mumak which got wounded wouldn't "Freak out" that turn *Stamped* but woiuldn't be able to move that turn instead (If someone rugby takled you would would still freeze up a bit)

irishthump
13-05-2009, 15:00
I think the mumak which got wounded wouldn't "Freak out" that turn *Stamped* but woiuldn't be able to move that turn instead (If someone rugby takled you would would still freeze up a bit)

Do you mean freeze for the remainder of this turn and then Stampede in the next one?
The rules specifically say that the courage test for stampede must be take every time the Mumak suffers a wound.

Although it was a friendly game, me allowing my opponent to move had a big effect on the outcome of the game. When the 2nd Mumak was wounded, it was within 8in of the board edge. I would simply have moved it off the board.
The movement allowed him to get back form the board edge and trample my warriors to boot.

Think of it this way: The Mumak was wounded and failed it's courage test - it is no longer under control of it's handler.
Opponent than moves the Mumak. How did he regain control? And why does he suddenly lose control again in the next evil move phase?

xxRavenxx
13-05-2009, 18:14
Arguably, the stampede is happening at the same time the in control mumak is moving. Think dynamicly. The mumak should continue for its turn, and freak in the next one, as per the wording in the rulebook. It shouldnt ignore the stampede, nor stampede immediately nor freeze up, nor any other option as those aren't what is outlined by the rules.

irishthump
13-05-2009, 20:26
Arguably, the stampede is happening at the same time the in control mumak is moving. Think dynamicly. The mumak should continue for its turn, and freak in the next one, as per the wording in the rulebook. It shouldnt ignore the stampede, nor stampede immediately nor freeze up, nor any other option as those aren't what is outlined by the rules.

For me there are a couple of lines in the rules that pretty much sew it up for me....

1 - "Every time a Mumak suffers a wound the model controlling it or the Mumak itself must take a courage test."

2 - "If the test is passed all is fine."

3 - "At the end of the Stampede move the animal calms down"

Once the courage test is failed the Mumak is no longer under control, so therefore cannot make it's normal move. Whether is stands there thrashing about in one spot or waits until the following turn, it does'nt matter.

jaws900
14-05-2009, 08:20
Look at it this way. Both MNumaks in real life would charge at the same time. However one aims for the other. This will not stop the other mumak in it's tracks. It will continue to move and then react once it's charge has finsihed (It would trip and once it conse to a stop it would panic)