PDA

View Full Version : [Lizardmen] I had a dream...

dsw1
13-05-2009, 18:31
Greetings all;

I had a strange dream the other night of this list (Dreaming about warhammer shows I am some what obsessed ;)) so I wrote it out today and I would like to see what peoples opinions are of the "dream" list.

Slann-Mage Priest - Knows a full lore, Free PD, Discard 6's.
4 power stones, bane head.
BSB-Warbanner -520

how original :rolleyes:...

Gor-Rok - 215

EotG - Lv2 - Diadem, Rod of Storm - 440pts

I never would have dreamed of using this combo (lol pun lol), but I'll see how it goes.

SSV - Charm of the jag, L armour, shield, Great weapon - 124pts

10 ranked skinks - 50pts
11 ranked skinks - 55pts
10 Skink skirmishers - 70pts
Ranked skinks? I have never thought of using them till now, just for baiting and re-directing etc obviously.

16 temple guard - Full command - 291pts

18 saurus warriors - spears - Stand, musician - 234pts
Since the new edition, I have never bothered with saurus (as opposed to last ed when I regularly had 3 units of 20 saurus fielded in 2k) as I usually spend all my points on other stuff (like EotG etc), I wonder if these will fair well enough?... .

That is the list, I know a lot of points are spent on characters, and the SSV was added in afterwards (not apart of the dream, I ust wanted to use one). This seems like a very immobile lizard list compared to what I usually take, the centre of the list revolves around the saurus/temple guard but lacks anything truly damaging :eyebrows:.

Well, I will be testing this list out against a bret player in a week or so, so what do you think I could do to change it? Anything that is in dire need of doing? The EotG isn't really necessary since it will be out charged and most likely the skink will die :cries: as per normal with my rolling, and the SSV can also go. if needed freeing up 414pts (419 if we take away the extra skink on the ranked skinks).

What are your opinions?

Regards, Dsw1

Edit: I want it to be a generic all-comers list, not tailored to face Brets. I have access to everything in the book so fire away ;)

Eulogy2
13-05-2009, 19:26
This seems like a very immobile lizard list compared to what I usually take, the centre of the list revolves around the saurus/temple guard but lacks anything truly damaging :eyebrows:

i kinda disagree with this. if you run your saurus 6 wide, there isnt much 24 str 4 attacks cant handle, saurus are very solid core.

you already know your heavy on characters so other than that there still a few things you can do. i dont have my book with me so i may be off here, but what about dropping the EOTG steg for a normal or ancient steg with skink chief or even without, and then using left over points for a salamander or two?

the EOTG is definitly good vs brets, but also easy to kill the priest as youve noted. and its not to say salamanders wouldnt be easy for brets too kill too, just a different route you could take to lessen the character points you have.

right now you have 2 anvils(TG and saurus unit) and only 1 real hammer(EOTG Steg).
id drop gor-rok as LM special characters are very expensive, and hardly ever worth thier price and pick up either cold one riders or a cheap unit of 16 skinks/2 krox for flankers to go with your other anvil.