musician

10 dire wolves 80

10 dire wolves 80

19 grave gaurd 268
full command, banner of hellfire

5 black knights 148
barding, musician

varghulf 175

could someone PLEASE give this list a rating betwwen 1-10 and all comments welcome ;)

MM

metal midget
13-05-2009, 20:46
i will put this list on for editing

vampire lord 440
master of the black arts, dark acoylate, lord of the dead
sword of battle, hand of dust, dispel scroll
+1 lvl (lvl 4)

vampire 185
dark acoylate, summon creatures of the night
sword of battle, dispel scroll

necromancer 220
corpse cart-unholy loadstone
3 spells, book of arkhan

wight king 225
battle standard bearer, drakenhof banner

25 skeletons 220
full command

25 zombies 104
musician

25 zombies 104
musician

10 dire wolves 80

10 dire wolves 80

19 grave gaurd 268

5 black knights 148
barding, musician

varghulf 175

riotknight
13-05-2009, 21:07
i will put this list on for editing

vampire lord
master of the black arts, Forbidden Lore, lord of the dead
Helm of Commandment, Bloody Hauberk, Sword of Might
+1 lvl (lvl 3)
Forbidden Lore is much better, as a level 3 none of your spells should need more than 4 dice anyways, using your current core choices, this would be more effective at making your zombies or Skeletons WS7, giving them a better shot at winning combat. The Hauberk to give him a decent save and a Ward Save. Sword of Might over Battle for cheap S6 attacks should your vamp Lord get into Combat. I'd also reccomend mounting him.

vampire 185
dark acoylate, Lord of the Dead
sword of battle, dispel scroll
Wolves are okay at flanking, but since they're cav, you only get 1 dog per IoN, stick to Skeleton raising, also, with no armor, this vamp should be avoiding combat at all costs, but i run this same set up so its not terrible

necromancer 205
corpse cart-Balefire
2 Spells(IoN and Danse), book of arkhan
Bale fire is almost ALWAYS better unless you're stacking loadstones. Also, don't waste points on every spell, stick with 1 or 2. Danse is a must, but Raise isn't needed as your vamp will probably get it unless you get an ideal roll

wight king
battle standard bearer, drakenhof banner
Mount him on a Barded Skeletal Steed.

25 skeletons 220
full command
With Lord of the Dead i'd drop these to 18 or so. give them Warbanner.

25 zombies 104
musician
If you're going to tarpit, take musc AND standards, all the Static CR you can get is good
25 zombies 104
musician
Same as above
10 dire wolves 80

10 dire wolves 80
Cut these back to 7 and give them doom wolves, 10 is a litle overkill.
19 grave gaurd 268
They already have magic attacks, give them banner of the Barrows instead, if your worried about Nurgle Wall, you have KB with them as well.

5 black knights 148
barding, musician
bump this up to 7 or 8, with Banner of Undead Legion.

varghulf 175
This is fine.

Overall i feel your list is lacking in something i just can't decide what. I'm not a fan of paying points for zombies when you can, in one turn, easily raise a unit of 25+. Just some food for thought.

Spirit
13-05-2009, 22:45
Standards are not worth it on zombies, they often give away 100 points for no good reason.

Don't take forbidden lore, take dreak knight for a 2+ armour save, so your lord isnt useless, he is right though you do not need level 4 mage.

Give your black knights banner of the dead legion and make them 6 strong, US 24 from 6 models is something to be feared.

Take 2 units of 5 wolves, you dont need 10, or 7 for that matter.

Skeletons with war banner is good.

Drop the corpse cart, your army is not taloured enough to make it usefull, why on earth would you give the necromancer 3 spells? Think about it, invocation can be cast with ALL of your other power dice, one more on a 4+ is not good, secondly EVERY vampire can take raise dead if they want, so again its useless on a necromancer.

Give the necromancer only vanhells+book and make him a vanhells caster all game, its the second best spell vampires get anyway.

Edit, oh, drop the dispell scroll on the vamp and give him the flayed hauberk, you have no protection on your vampires, this is not a good thing.

Edit Edit: ok drop ALL the scrolls, not once have i ever needed one in a 2k game as vampires. If you REALLY want them, take them on the necromancer, vampires should not waste their precious points on scrolls.

Im gonna have to give this army about a 3-4/10 simply because you have ZERO protection on your vampires, they need it so dont skimp on it! Also dire wolves really do not need to be more than 5 strong, what are you hopin 10 will acieve that units of 5 wont?