PDA

View Full Version : Does your online GW-model store feature 40% off?

The_Chaos_Seer
14-05-2009, 04:56
No, neither does mine. I don't even own a store!

No, there's rhyme and rhythm to my madness here... One of you Warseer members owns an online store, and in your sig is the link. And it's dirt cheap.

But I don't remember who you are.
I don't remember your stores link.
I. Need. To. Know.

You claim 40% off and 25% for Warseer members tacked on, with free international shipping. But I can't remember the link to your store.

Please - PLEASE - save me here guys. Or dude.

Templar Ben
14-05-2009, 05:04
Doesn't sound 40K specific.

You may have your numbers mixed up.

The_Chaos_Seer
14-05-2009, 05:05
Well, the numbers were pretty good. But by fluke I found this store, so this may now be deleted :)

Lord Wasa
14-05-2009, 05:29
Ummmm, linky please?

The_Chaos_Seer
14-05-2009, 05:35
I would, but that would smack me as some kind of immorality, like making it look like I'm advertising.

Lord Wasa
14-05-2009, 05:38
Isn't there a fine clicky that says "Private messages" in clear blue in your upper right corner of the screen then?

loveless
14-05-2009, 06:01
Uh...I vote you post it anyway. Especially with price gauging coming into effect.

Hellebore
14-05-2009, 06:14
Me too. Also considering it's been moved to Other GW now anyway. Other GW Discussion, home of 'Your Money and You, a guide to mastering your Addiction with GW CEO Mark Wells.'

Hellebore

The_Chaos_Seer
14-05-2009, 08:01
I don't need lectures on how to spend my money wisely. I get a pay cheque, I consider paying my bills, then I through caution to the wind and buy ten more leman russes. I am wise.

Bregalad
14-05-2009, 09:26
Why not search for an online store that GIVES you 100$ for each box that you take for free? Plus a new car! A store with prices below their own costs can certainly affort this as well!:rolleyes:

Bloodknight
14-05-2009, 11:50
You claim 40% off and 25% for Warseer members tacked on, with free international shipping. But I can't remember the link to your store.

Sounds like a scam to me. No way anybody could still earn money that way.

Jedi152
14-05-2009, 11:52
If it even exists could you at least give us the name of it?

Tyron
14-05-2009, 11:57
www.wargamesempire.com

Mannimarco
14-05-2009, 11:57
the people demand the link!

Da_Killa
14-05-2009, 12:49
i dammaned access to this site
by the will of the holy emperor i comand you to

lequaye
14-05-2009, 13:04
nice link Tyron

GraveGuard
14-05-2009, 13:08
www.wargamesempire.com

Very nice.

Max Jet
14-05-2009, 14:12
Such a shop does not exist or can not be taken seriously. Wargames Empire is the cheapest store in existance (except for closing fantasy stores selling 50% off... thats where this Tyranid emo got his miniatures ^^)
They offer 20-30% discount on all miniatures (no joke) a combo Deal saves you 2-4% extra (NO JOKE) and if you pay via bank transfer you are going to save an additional 1% up to 2% (I'm dead serious)

Compared to € prices you can come pretty close to 50% saving.

There is no cheaper store. STILL GW Miniatures are quite expensive, but the store seems to try to expand their range. As soon as they offer Tamiya or Italleri I am going to be one of their best costumers ^^

blongbling
14-05-2009, 14:17
yeah well they wont offer 40% off and then an additional 25% like the OP suggested. most GW traders get their products from GW at 35% discount with maybe upto an additional 10% if they are great customers(true for Europe, not sure about the US). So anyone selling below that will make themselves very poor very quickly

The_Chaos_Seer
14-05-2009, 15:20
The one I used was:

http://cart.gwonline.info/

Though it was 5% not 25% for Warseer members. But the 40% was still there.

Max Jet
14-05-2009, 15:33
Looks like 20% rather than 40%... and the Shipping cost are higher than wargamesempire.
Right now i cannot see one thing that is cheaper there, than wargamesempire.

Jedi152
14-05-2009, 15:42
What is WargamesEmpire like for delivery time? I might make a big order before the price rise.

Max Jet
14-05-2009, 15:54
Depends where you live.
From 2 days to 2 Weeks

kris.sherriff
14-05-2009, 16:05
Looks like 20% rather than 40%... and the Shipping cost are higher than wargamesempire.
Right now i cannot see one thing that is cheaper there, than wargamesempire.

The discount gets bigger the more you spend and if you are a member of warseer you can get an additonal discount of 5% I use GWonline for the orders I place for my Club and with a few people ordering the dicount gets good very quickly.

If you are ordering above say Ģ250 worth of stuff and are a member of warseer you can save 30% off RRP and the the store front says free delivery above Ģ100.

Kris

Tyron
14-05-2009, 16:25
I ordered from there twice, pretty good service, and spoke to the owner on the phone, nice chap.

I recommend them.

Max Jet
14-05-2009, 17:32
If you are ordering above say Ģ250 worth of stuff and are a member of warseer you can save 30% off RRP and the the store front says free delivery above Ģ100.

Sounds cool, but look at the combo deals. Some are more than 30% cheaper than the original price. The more you spend the more you save. Additionally on wargamesempire you can easily save 30% without having to spend such an enormous amount of money (seriously .. spending 250 Pounds in one go is.. intense)
They have some Items, that will be deliverd freely, especially some blisters. Other than that, they have a maximal delivery price no matter how much you order. The service is pretty nice too! O.k.. they run their shop on impossible times, but they are pretty nice and really are interested in saving you money. Even when asking for two single boxes or some paints they were willing to debate over an additional saving.. I mean.. I just wanted to buy two stupid Items and they STILL wanted to lower the price even further..

kris.sherriff
14-05-2009, 19:33
Sounds cool, but look at the combo deals. Some are more than 30% cheaper than the original price. The more you spend the more you save. Additionally on wargamesempire you can easily save 30% without having to spend such an enormous amount of money (seriously .. spending 250 Pounds in one go is.. intense)
They have some Items, that will be deliverd freely, especially some blisters. Other than that, they have a maximal delivery price no matter how much you order. The service is pretty nice too! O.k.. they run their shop on impossible times, but they are pretty nice and really are interested in saving you money. Even when asking for two single boxes or some paints they were willing to debate over an additional saving.. I mean.. I just wanted to buy two stupid Items and they STILL wanted to lower the price even further..

Was not trying to get in to a 'mine is bigger' type discussion, I was just pointing out that although at first glance it is only a 20% saving it is easy to get it higher.

Kris

Max Jet
14-05-2009, 19:40
Sorry pal =(
Was just interested in helping fellow warseers saving as much as possible ><

kris.sherriff
14-05-2009, 19:46
No its good that people are finding out about how to save money rather than just going to the first place they find.

My advice would always be to shop around.

Kris

Bregalad
14-05-2009, 20:37
Sorry pal =(
Was just interested in helping fellow warseers saving as much as possible ><
Requesting a link to the biggest dumping store on earth is not helpful to everybody.
Guess you now need a link to some Chinese chap that paints your 2000 point army for 20 $ within a week to Golden Demon standard :rolleyes:

Sleazy
14-05-2009, 20:52
I dont understand Bregalad. Are you saying this Wargamesempire place isnt what it appears?

I'm planning a pretty big order next week. I was gonna use GWonline as they have a free postage offer this month. This new place catches my eye though. If you know something I'd apprieciate a heads up as I dont wanna take silly chances.

Cheers

Flying Toaster
14-05-2009, 20:52
Lol I just found the 'big ass combo' Why would you want all that random warhammer? There must be some logic to it?

https://www.wargamesempire.com/shop/article_1.0119/Really-big-assorted-combo.html?sessid=33nysSKAwR1j61B0rkf9J9UAtwgan1tA xUpnH5TTH23NnpQiM20yoeNnX6I5uTuA&shop_param=cid%3D48%26aid%3D1.0119%26

Max Jet
14-05-2009, 21:32
Requesting a link to the biggest dumping store on earth is not helpful to everybody.
Guess you now need a link to some Chinese chap that paints your 2000 point army for 20 $ within a week to Golden Demon standard

I don't understand it either. You are confusing something.

Rico
14-05-2009, 21:48
I've used GWonline twice this month after finding the site. Really quick delivery and I notice it's free delivery for blisters but also advanced order items.

I was really impressed that when they still had the x20 Cadian box listed; they fulfilled this, sending 2 of the new boxes - to be fair I expected them to say this was now unavailable.

Didn't know about the 5% off for Warseer members - how do you get this?

Thanks again

Max Jet
14-05-2009, 22:02
Lol I just found the 'big ass combo' Why would you want all that random warhammer? There must be some logic to it?

https://www.wargamesempire.com/shop/...id%3D1.0119%26

The saving is so great.. perhaps reselling it on german ebay? Making money?

The_Chaos_Seer
14-05-2009, 22:50

You mean taking Warhammer and making it an investment!?

Please, don't try and twist something so pure as a hole-for-cash and turn it into something disgusting like a way to make money.

Hlokk
14-05-2009, 22:55
Anyone used weyland games? I found the link and I like the look of the site, some idea of what their service is like would be great.

Bregalad
14-05-2009, 23:24
I don't understand it either. You are confusing something.

See what I mean? Retailers get about 35% discount from GW, some a bit more. Dumping is selling products below costs to ruin smaller competitors, in this case brick and mortar indie stores (who have higher costs due to providing a.o. professional advice and gaming tables). The OP asked about the biggest dumping store on earth. Promoting and advertising dumping will ruin even more indie stores, which is a bad thing for the hobby.

BTW this is a general remark, not about any special store.

Cane
15-05-2009, 00:11

https://www.wargamesempire.com/shop/article_1.0119/Really-big-assorted-combo.html?sessid=33nysSKAwR1j61B0rkf9J9UAtwgan1tA xUpnH5TTH23NnpQiM20yoeNnX6I5uTuA&shop_param=cid%3D48%26aid%3D1.0119%26

My best guess it was some sort of gaming club or group buy so they could all benefit from a higher discount.

Max Jet
15-05-2009, 00:22
See what I mean? Retailers get about 35% discount from GW, some a bit more. Dumping is selling products below costs to ruin smaller competitors, in this case brick and mortar indie stores (who have higher costs due to providing a.o. professional advice and gaming tables). The OP asked about the biggest dumping store on earth. Promoting and advertising dumping will ruin even more indie stores, which is a bad thing for the hobby.

BTW this is a general remark, not about any special store.

At first I just thougt that you have mistaken me with the Original Poster, moreover because I only wanted to promote a good store.. I did not ask for a 99% price reduction o.k? Therefore the comment concerning the painting service was unnecessary. (moreover because I am painting all my miniatures myself at a high standard!)

Secondly I do not share false sentimentality with fantasy shops. If you cannot win a competition.. than you have done something wrong. Why should I pay more for a product if I can get exactly the same product cheaper? This is something I will not understand.

selone
15-05-2009, 00:30
I've used giftforgeeks and gamers warhouse, both are pretty spot on.

Max Jet
15-05-2009, 00:57
Oh gifts for geeks is a cool Shop! Only problem is that they are doing it in their free time, so they actually are on vacations sometimes. Second problem is that their postage costs are extremely high.
The good thing is, they deliver fast and they offer a superb variety of products.

cool0001
15-05-2009, 02:00
Anyone used weyland games? I found the link and I like the look of the site, some idea of what their service is like would be great.

I like Wayland games. Most of the time you'll have the order in less than ten days though recently they have been slow due to a large amount of guard orders. An email they sent said

So the point of this email is that we basically have a backlog, we
have large quantities of stock sitting on shelves and we have 5 people
packing orders 6 days a week and 2 on the 7th. 2 months ago there was
only 3 of us. This time next month we should have full second packing
shift to get many more orders out a day. And at roughly the same time
our new Order and Warehouse management suite should be in place
streamlining our processes. The recent IG releases blew us away... I’m
not going to give too much away but we have shipped in excess of 500
Valkyries so far and by this time tomorrow that will be over 700.

I ordered some stuff the week before (6/5/09) and it still hasn't come yet.

Maine
15-05-2009, 02:04
Secondly I do not share false sentimentality with fantasy shops. If you cannot win a competition.. than you have done something wrong. Why should I pay more for a product if I can get exactly the same product cheaper? This is something I will not understand.

These shops are not just stores, they are often places to play. Do you want to play at them and take advantage of their presence? Mine is where my club is based out of.

How do you expect these stores, who have much higher overhead than the online retailers, to stay in business? They aren't highly profitable, yet they have to pay storefront rent and other associated physical location costs, as well as maintain business hours longer than the online sites might, as well as be open weekends.

Consider that if a store offers a 10% discount on a product, they now need to sell 40% more product to make the same net revenue on the sales. At 20% discount, they need to sell 2.3x as much product as before.

A physical shop staffed by a single employee 8 hours a day, 7 days a week, is going to have about double the overhead of an internet shop that consists of a M-F 10-5 PM phoneline and 1 guy filling orders in the morning. If they offer a 5% discount, they will need to move 4x the product as a web shop offering 20% off, yet they only cater to a local customer base rather than a potentially multi-national one.

That's the math behind it. Web stores have been a boon for customers, but they have had a serious negative impact on physical business overall. Game stores aren't alone in that regard, but unlike other stores, game stores also have to deal with non-customers coming into the store and wanting to use the facilities and tables, yet buying nothing more than a magazine or occasional blister model, and toting around their eBay and web-store purchased armies.

Max Jet
15-05-2009, 02:26
These shops are not just stores, they are often places to play. Do you want to play at them and take advantage of their presence? Mine is where my club is based out of.

You see.. if a fantasy store cannot make profit he should attract people otherwise.

Fantasy store 1km away didn't make enough profit. I told the owner that nowadays people are more into Mangas/Animes than wargaming. Owner got rid od the last GW miniatures one year ago. Now the shop sells exclusively Mangas, Otaku Toys and Comic crap. (in germany you cannot sell books and comics below an official price) He has a corner with two tables, allowing people to play there, out of respect for his old costumers. I always thought that this would be a nice idea (he cannot fill his whole shop with just Mangas). Still I am not going there. I have always played with my buddies at home.. we were able to play, while ordering pizza, or throwing a crapload of food into the microwave. That didn't stop us from playing.. we just have more money to buy scenery stuff etc.

Raka
15-05-2009, 03:24
People can do whatever they want.

1. If you play in a store, buy from it.
2. If you don't, then do whatever you want/this includes buying cheaply!

Azyreth
15-05-2009, 03:46
Wow, with the exchange rate between Ģ and US$ right now some of the prices on wargamesempire are less than half of the US prices! International shipping must be expensive there.
Anyone know how much it is to ship to the US? I cant find any estimates on their site.

xinsanityx
15-05-2009, 04:26
Wow, with the exchange rate between Ģ and US$ right now some of the prices on wargamesempire are less than half of the US prices! International shipping must be expensive there.
Anyone know how much it is to ship to the US? I cant find any estimates on their site.

They don't really tell you what their going to charge you, they just tell you it's done based on weight. There is another store with similar prices in the UK http://www.gamingfigures.com/ they also say they ship by weight, and they have a shipping cost estimator when you view your basket. Shipping ends up being pretty expensive. I've researched it and with the conversion rate as it is right now, you really don't save anything by going over to the uk instead of just buying from the warstore. I don't think it's really worth it unless the pound is only worth about $1.40-$1.45 american.

Max Jet
15-05-2009, 05:48

Just fill out the order as you would normaly (without registration). Before the final step, that means before you are really making the actual order, but after agreeing to all terms and policies, filling out adresses etc. you will be shown the exact shipping costs for the adress you have selected.

spaint2k
15-05-2009, 06:12
Their shopping cart doesn't even list Taiwan. I suspect the system was designed by someone from China pushing an agenda to "prove" that Taiwan doesn't exist.

Guess you now need a link to some Chinese chap that paints your 2000 point army for 20 $ within a week to Golden Demon standard :rolleyes:

Don't need my stuff painting but if he could remove all the mould lines, that'd be very helpful. Link? ;)
Steve

slah
15-05-2009, 07:50

How do you expect these stores, who have much higher overhead than the online retailers, to stay in business? They aren't highly profitable, yet they have to pay storefront rent and other associated physical location costs, as well as maintain business hours longer than the online sites might, as well as be open weekends.

Consider that if a store offers a 10% discount on a product, they now need to sell 40% more product to make the same net revenue on the sales. At 20% discount, they need to sell 2.3x as much product as before.

A physical shop staffed by a single employee 8 hours a day, 7 days a week, is going to have about double the overhead of an internet shop that consists of a M-F 10-5 PM phoneline and 1 guy filling orders in the morning. If they offer a 5% discount, they will need to move 4x the product as a web shop offering 20% off, yet they only cater to a local customer base rather than a potentially multi-national one.

That's the math behind it. Web stores have been a boon for customers, but they have had a serious negative impact on physical business overall. Game stores aren't alone in that regard, but unlike other stores, game stores also have to deal with non-customers coming into the store and wanting to use the facilities and tables, yet buying nothing more than a magazine or occasional blister model, and toting around their eBay and web-store purchased armies.

This is all true, and a valid problem.

But why should I pay something like 10-20% more on products to support a place I donīt - and never will - use?

Bregalad
15-05-2009, 08:28
Because you or the friend who told you about GW were introduced to the hobby by the B&M store. Remember, GW does absolutely no advertising. So no stores, no GW hobby. Declining number of stores is one reason for declining sales (price policy is the other).

And it is not the fault of Fantasy stores e.g. in Germany that the pound was devalued. So should all German stores now shut down?

slah
15-05-2009, 08:38
Because you or the friend who told you about GW were introduced to the hobby by the B&M store. Remember, GW does absolutely no advertising. So no stores, no GW hobby. Declining number of stores is one reason for declining sales (price policy is the other).

No I wasnīt - I was introduced by friends who played at home or in clubs. I didnīt just happen to pass a store and think "GEE whatīs in that store - I think Iīll go in and check". The hobby isnīt promoted by the shops itīs promoted by word of mouth - by friends who play and/or paint, and who tell you why itīs cool. I donīt know a single perosn who hasnīt been "pressganged" into the hobby.

If online stores had been around when I originally was introduced - by friends - it wouldnīt have made a difference in what I would have purchased after being introduced - hell I might have bought even more.

And it is not the fault of Fantasy stores e.g. in Germany that the pound was devalued. So should all German stores now shut down?

No, but itīs their own responsibilty to operate in the market that they are located in - if they canīt - for whatever reason that might be they should close up shop. I donīt purchase anything be it food, car, petrol, insurance, clothes in order to keep the shops open - I buy it because I want/need it. Why should buying minis be any different!?

Mireadur
15-05-2009, 09:45

Clearly GW should have lowered € and $ prices to fit with the current pound value. I believe that is a great scam from their part and therefore i will never buy again in a different currency than pounds.

Illotus
15-05-2009, 10:18

As this is my deal, I might as well comment. I'm just coming back to wargaming after couple years and with the price increase looming decided that might as well everything I need for a while. I live on Finland so the prices here are roughly double to what I paid to wargamesempire.com. I do have to say that my hobbies are my hobby, I tend to have these buying sprees. One good point about GW miniatures is that the resale value is pretty steady, so there isn't really that big of a fear that couple of years from now I have a whole bunch of unpainted miniatures that no one wants.

Those combo deals actually are bit less discount than you would expect, but the in general -25% is pretty good already and the postage is reasonable for the amount of stuff coming.

blongbling
15-05-2009, 14:00
wayland games - as someone who used to oversee their account at GW i can say that they are amongst the most professional indies out there, richard is very switched on and he is fast making a great name for his webstore and is on the way to being the largest trade account that GW has in the UK....i hope that helps.

loveless
15-05-2009, 14:59
Webstores obviously aren't killing the B&M stores when several of the B&M stores I frequent have 20% discounts on GW goods...

I suppose I shouldn't shop there either, but rather go down the street to the store that charges full retail.

:p

Nah, it works like this:
If you game at a store, buy at the store. You're not expected to buy everything there - but buy something from them. It's fair trade for giving you a place to play.

If you game at home, buy wherever the heck you feel like. I'm not going to order from Europe when I can get a decent deal from the WarStore or from one of my shops. Could I save money with some of the super discount sites? I dunno, maybe, but it seems like a hassle to me *shrugs*.

However, any Independent that's trying to sell GW at MSRP is kidding themselves - it might be different in Europe, mind you, but in the US, the lack of some version of a discount program is suicide. I've yet to find a store in the area that's still selling GW products without a discount - the ones that tried failed due to not being able to move their stock.

DubiousCow
17-05-2009, 08:17
I've been taking a look at wargamesempire.com. Their site isn't bad. I've been thinking about ordering them since I saw this thread. However, the only thing keeping me back is the shipping cost to the US. It's just horrible at $53 flat rate. Honestly, it's not THAT bad. But considering what I can buy from the US with the $53 makes me double think.

Mireadur
17-05-2009, 14:48
Its worth if you are making a huge purchase i guess.

The Ape
17-05-2009, 14:56
GW are changing things around for trade account owners so there will be a lot less online stores giving out discounts in the near future. Looks like they've had enough of people buying cheap models...

Zink
17-05-2009, 15:27
Trouble with that attitude is that there are a lot of people like myself that will buy cheaper minis but take away that option and we'll by nothing. Is it better to make some money at a lower price or no money at full price?

mweaver
17-05-2009, 15:58
I generally buy GW from our one local hobby store. I could buy the stuff cheaper online, but if the local store goes belly up, what am I going to do when I suddenly realize I need a bunch more militia guys today?

Usually I only receive a 10% discount, but every so often he throws in a much better deal. I bought the lizardman black box off him for $30 (steggadon, 10x temple guard, army book). A couple of years ago I bought one of the big Armageddon IG deals and he charged me considerably less than GW listed the deal for.

Plus, when new stuff comes in he thinks I'll like (not just GW) he calls and tells me. Pretty good service. He has gaming tables for people to play at, but I have never played there.

Earl_UK
17-05-2009, 16:18
I use www.buyforlessonline.co.uk they have always been ok for me, always very helpful on the other end of the email.

boogle
17-05-2009, 18:05
GW are changing things around for trade account owners so there will be a lot less online stores giving out discounts in the near future. Looks like they've had enough of people buying cheap models...

Can you expand on this?

yabbadabba
17-05-2009, 18:40
Can you expand on this?

My mate just got his letter. They are restructuring their discount tiering. A basic trade account will now get a 30% discount. The discount increases depending on various conditions e.g. numbers of orders, number of ordering outlets e.t.c. For online discounters each outlet counts as an online store with a unique url - so you couldn't open a dozen ebay stores to qualify. If I find out more, I'll post.

boogle
17-05-2009, 19:25
It seems to me a bizarre decision, that affects B&M stores more than Online ones as they generally don't discount as much as the online ones do, and if that then means selling at just about retail, then they may see their profits drop, and stop holding GW stock, i'm waiting with interest to see if this happens in the shop where my sister works, as this coupled with the price rises may see them doing exactly that

SonofUltramar
17-05-2009, 19:39
Didn't know about the 5% off for Warseer members - how do you get this?

When you go to the cart there is an area to input a coupon code, just type Warseer in that box to get your additional 5% off.

I'm a fan of the site and intend to use Gamers Warehouse for any purchases as i've used them many times and always been excellent service.

Jono