PDA

View Full Version : How many different chaos gods does your chaos army worship?

Avian
14-05-2009, 12:19
I thought this would be an interesting poll. How many of the big four chaos gods (Khorne, Slaanesh, Nurgle and Tzeentch) does your army worhsip?

For the sake of simplicity, if the number of gods worshipped by your army varies, use the last army list you used.

Chaos Dwarfs aren't considered for this purpose, since they only have one god. Sorry. ;)

Briohmar
14-05-2009, 13:03
Generally, My Daemons follow three gods respectively and my warriors, until very recently were mono-god, but have seen the error of their ways, and have thrown in some Tzeentch and Nurgle magic.

EmperorNorton
14-05-2009, 13:08
As with all my projects, the plans for my WoC army are bound to change.
Most likely at the moment is three, though, Slaanesh, Tzeentch and Khorne.
I have a bit of antipathy towards that old stinker Nurgle.

Lordsaradain
14-05-2009, 13:18
Depends. My daemon army is obviously a mix of all 4.

In the previous edition of Chaos (Hordes of Chaos) I had one Khornate army, one Nurgle army and one Slaaneshi army(while my brother has a Tzeentch army). But with the new book, my Warriors of Chaos army is basically the mortal aspects of those three armies merged, and I've also added two Tzeetch characters.

My beasts army is only Khorne/Nurgle.

Leogun_91
14-05-2009, 14:08
All hail the changer of the ways.....most is marked Tzeentch except my sorcerers who are undivided (I like the other lores) and my Marauders who are unworthy but still worship Tzeentch (They just don´t get anything from it)

danny-d-b
14-05-2009, 14:54
two- nurgle and tzeentch- both my planned Doc army (when I get round to it) and my Warriors of chaos army

Lord Khabal
14-05-2009, 15:00
funny. before the WOC FAQ all my knights were nurgle. Now they are of all the other gods. General in a slaanesh unit, tzeentch with blasted std and khorne for the rest.

liquiddream78
14-05-2009, 15:06
My plastics things like to to smell good while thinking of devious ways to kill other plastic things. So that would make them followers of Tzeentch and Slaanesh for you newbies.

I have a five man termi unit with all lighting claws and I was sick of my low initiative. So that increase from Slaanesh really helps. Although I do have a nice mix of Thousand Sons units.

MarcoPollo
14-05-2009, 16:18
I use three. Well 4 if you count the banner of rage as a proxy for khorne. Otherwise, nurgle and tzeetch spell casters, slaanesh marauders and giants, but no khorne.

In my DoC army, I use 3 as well. Slaanesh -- demonettes, seekers, and heralds, Khorne -- fleshounds, heralds, Tzeetch -- Heralds and horrors.

Zoolander
14-05-2009, 16:38
I try to limit my god worshipping to two at most. In the old horde days, I used to be all mono-god (tzeentch or khorne). With the new books, they almost force you to take multiple gods, as they make it very hard to mono-god it successfully. With DoC, I just can't do mono. I tried and you really shoot yourself in the foot too much. With WoC it is a little more feasible, and my Tzeentch horde has had some success.

But it still REALLY irks me when I see a khorne lord with a tzeentch amulet, a nurgle flail in a unit of slaanesh warriors or something. It's like - WTF were you thinking, GW? So much for the fluff of how the Chaos gods are always fighting. Now they get along like peanut butter & jelly! :rolleyes:

noeste
14-05-2009, 18:20
Mono-god (Slaanesh)!

I really liked the old system from 5th, or something, where you were supposed to have a retinue for each of your characters, being equal or more worth in points, than the character. Kinda like a warband for each character. The retinue would of course have to have the same mark as the character they followed into battle, and thus forced you to make armies belonging to one of the factions of Chaos.

It was, however, possible for an Undevided general, to bind other characters with one of the marks (and a likewise marked retinue) to his army; just like Archaon in the Storm of Chaos campaign had one sub-general for each of the gods.

I followed that system, when I made my 6th edition Hordes army, but as the borders and enemity between the big four have mysteriously vanished in the 7th edition, my army (...still a work in progress..) shall follow one god. The fun of making characters/warbands and merging them into one army, is kind of gone, now that everything's allowed, with regards to mixing marks and sacred items. *sighs*

Zarryiosiad
14-05-2009, 18:30
I prefer two gods, Khorne for Marauders, and Slaanesh for characters. It seems wrong to have both in the same army list, but c'est la vie. As the worshipers of Tzeentch say, "Embrace Change".

Zarry

Cats Laughing
14-05-2009, 18:48
My army (if I ever get around to assembling it) would only worship one major god, though they might worship any number of minor gods that have no effect on game play.

Sylass
14-05-2009, 18:50
My BoC army used to be undivided all the way but I'm thinking about adding the odd mark of Nurgle once I play my first game of 7th edition WHF.

Seth the Dark
14-05-2009, 18:54
Only Nurgle for my Beastmen and it will be Nurgle for my Warriors.

Avian
14-05-2009, 19:29
This is a bit of a surprise. Earlier today the majority was in the 3 or 4 gods, but now it has shifted to 1 or 2 gods.

I personally use two - Slaanesh and Tzeentch, reckoning that either one or the other is good on my units / characters and that it is easier to keep the theme with no more than 2 gods.
(As an aside, it also follows the alliance restrictions from 3rd edition.)

I had originally intended to get some khornate units eventually so that I could run a Khorne / Tzeentch army, but now I think I will just stick with my original pair.

Häxjägare
14-05-2009, 19:59
I stick with what I know: Tzeentch.

It might change in the future but so far all my chaos armies in both 40k and WHFB have been dedicated to one god. Diffrent gods, but one god none the less.

tarrym
14-05-2009, 20:07
My army always has been (and always will be) a mono-slaanesh list. Mainly for the fluff, but I also like the themes that Slaanesh lends itself to for conversions

mrtn
14-05-2009, 20:34
My army has the Mark of the Strange Symbol. The armylist changes all the time, I've used all the marks with the new armybook, and that in just three games.

I've never been interested in playing mono-god, even when that was the cool thing to do, Undivided/many gods have always been more my thing.

I've never used an armylist more than once, we'll have to see if that day eventually comes.

lord mekri
14-05-2009, 20:40
i have always run unmarked chaos, even back in 6th edition. it allows for more troops, plus i have always been keen on the idea of humans worshipping a barbaric pantheon. the all black armor rocks too.
sometimes i will give a sible unit (or now, a single character - even better!) a mark. this is mostly on sorcerers to get a pseicif lore, or an exalted for a specific steed.

back in 6th i used to have 1 unit of khorne knights from time to time. now i just give the banner of rage.

truthfully, chaos warriors of mixed marks never bothered me so much (except for the direct rivals like nugle and tzeetch together). its the demons of different gods together that makes no sence to me. i always viewed the demons as beyond reasonable alliances. they are just tools in the Great Game of the Ruinous powers.

Lordsaradain
14-05-2009, 20:44
Btw, Avian, the poll option "I don't play a chaos army, I just like voting on polls" is awesome.
I was seriously tempted to click it, I mean it's true, who doesnt like voting on polls? :D

Chaos Undecided
14-05-2009, 20:45
Guess :p

To be honest though my Warriors of Chaos haven't taken to the field under the current army book, so they may well expand their horizons when I finally get to updating them.

starlight
14-05-2009, 21:06
I've slowly been gathering all my trashed/old/etc Imperial models and the random Chaos Marines I've acquired over the years to one day create one (or several) Chaos armies. :) Due to the models I have, the armies will be Terminator/Infantry heavy.

The favoured (ie candidate) armies (so far) are: Night Lords, Word Bearers, Tzeentch, Nurgle, and Undivided (maybe Iron Warriors).

Yeah, yeah, I'm talking 40K, but my only WFB armies are all Greenskins and we know who they worship. :D I am considering an all Minotaur army using the Beasts list and I'm somewhere between Undivided to get the most models on the table, Tzeentch for something wildly different from the usual, and Nurgle for effectiveness.

bob_the_small
14-05-2009, 21:14
What is the Chaos Dwarf's God called?

Makaber
14-05-2009, 21:24
I don't really believe in excessive marking in the first place, as it racks up the points very easily; points that could be better spendt on more models. I do have some Marks of Tzeentch in the list though, primarily on characters, and sometimes on Knights if I can spare the points for the Ward save banner and I know I'm playing something shooty.

I don't have anything fundamental against mark mixing (I thought people were putting too many limitations on themselves previously), but I think it's gone a little out of hand with the latest book. The reason why I'm sticking with as few as possible is because it's hard to get a visually coherent army otherwise (which is ironic because I am the worlds slowest painter and haven't gotten started on my Chaos guys yet...).

Cats Laughing
14-05-2009, 21:28
What is the Chaos Dwarf's God called?

Aaaachooo!

or Hashut :)

depending on where you put the stress...

Witchblade
14-05-2009, 22:06
All 4.

I actually don't care about mixing gods. I've done that since 6th edition (mainly using Archaon and differently painted units). I even mix marks within some units, like Archaon's chosen swords.

Godfiend
14-05-2009, 22:38
While I currently pay fealty only to the Lord of Change, I do plan on building 2 more armies for the Blood God and the Lord of Decay; however, I don't plan on mixing the armies. Even if it's WoC, it still just doesn't feel right.

shaso_iceborn
14-05-2009, 22:41
You didn't have 5 as an option. To some of us Malal is still a Chaos god even if he has been writen out of the fluff.

ChaosCajun
14-05-2009, 22:55
My Daemon armies are Tzeentch or Khorne or some mix of the two. My WoC are an eclectic mix of any or all of the 4 gods. I dislike Slaanesh, so they tend to be a minority in any list if present at all.

EvC
14-05-2009, 23:25
The army is split between the followers of Khorne and the Slaaneshi worshippers, that are only just tolerated ;)

Dexter099
15-05-2009, 00:06
All four, but the only unit in my army with MoK is a block of 25 marauders with great weapons.

Tae
15-05-2009, 00:16
I have 3 WoC variants of a similar army each for each god except Khorne (*snore*) and all run as mono-god, and my daemons are soley Slaaneshi atm (although I am looking at getting Tzeentch ones for 40k.

Cartoon
15-05-2009, 02:32
I run mostly Tzeencth and Slaanesh (who's colors I love), although I'm very tempted to throw in a Nurgle lvl 2 sorc for that wonderful buboes spam.

A question for those of you who run multiple marks; Do you paint each unit a different color or keep it uniform and identify their loyalty some other way ie. the god's symbol on the unit banner?

Right now I'm in the process of building my army and was strongly considering keeping them all the same color scheme (purples, gray, dark red, gold, and bone) and identifying their marks by the god's symbol somewhere on each unit and character. If you do mix colors, how does the finished product look?

RaZeR
15-05-2009, 03:40
I'm all slaanesh and nurgle, except for my combat lord, who is going to go warmachine etc hunting, so I wanted him to be on a disc :/ The MoT doesn't add anything apart from the disc though really, as he's not a spellcaster, so I'm almost just 2 gods! :p

Nabeshin1106
15-05-2009, 04:19
My Daemons are mono-Slaanesh most of the time, with the occasional Nurgle unit thrown in. My Warriors force is always a mix of 3, with Sorcerors always being Tzeentch, my Marauders always being Khorne, and my Knights always being Nurgle.

PARTYCHICORITA
15-05-2009, 05:07
I just love to vote :D

Seville
15-05-2009, 06:47
A question for those of you who run multiple marks; Do you paint each unit a different color or keep it uniform and identify their loyalty some other way ie. the god's symbol on the unit banner?

Right now I'm in the process of building my army and was strongly considering keeping them all the same color scheme (purples, gray, dark red, gold, and bone) and identifying their marks by the god's symbol somewhere on each unit and character. If you do mix colors, how does the finished product look?

I keep it uniform. Eventually I plan on getting around to making mark markers for each unit. You know those Chaos symbols that come with the 40k Chaos vehicle packs? I've got a ton of those that I plan to put on round bases and set next to each unit to indicate to my opponent which god that unit is worshiping that day.

My 40k army is entirely Khornate, and my Fantasy army is mixed, but definitely skews Khornate. I just love collecting skulls for the skull throne, I guess. But I see nothing at all wrong with mixing.

mr.kislev
15-05-2009, 06:55
i play a fluff army all khorne

skulls for the skull throne

Avian
15-05-2009, 13:52
What I did was to assign a colour to each god (yellow for Tzeentch, blue for Slaanesh) and paint the chosen god's colour as their primary colour and have the other god's colour be their secondary colour. So Tzeentch is yellow wish a bit of blue and Slaanesh is the other way around.

Unmarked units are just in drab browns and greys.

You didn't have 5 as an option. To some of us Malal is still a Chaos god even if he has been writen out of the fluff.
That is deliberate. Ruleswise there is no difference between following minor gods or just being undivided / unmarked and I'm just interested in the effect of allowing a free mix of marks, not the background people come up with for their armies.

Peregijn
15-05-2009, 14:21
I usaualy play with 2 gods (nurgle and tzeentch) but i have made my army look like undiveded so it can worship evrything,
i realy like to expiriment with difrent units/marks so i am not converting units to whorsip a single god... because in the next battle they might be worshipping one of the other gods...

so i vote on 4 gods in my armie...

Rokkit
15-05-2009, 15:35
First poll choice for me.

If I did have a chaos army, it would be a daemon army based around Khorne with a touch of Tzeentch.

Disciple of Caliban
15-05-2009, 16:54
Daemons run as mono Khorne.

Warriors i'm not too sure on yet. Initially i intended to do them as mono khorne, but that makes is tricky to include a hellcannon, and that model is just too great not to include, so it may well end up as a mix of undivided and Khorne. Even with the new fluff i cant bring myself to mix more than 2 gods into an army, i guess i'm just boring and old fashioned

woodenpickles
15-05-2009, 18:29
There are three chaos factions, 4 gods, and undivided
I have very large armies for each of the gods, and undivided, for each of the three factions.

Ultimo ninja
15-05-2009, 22:44
For my warriors, I gave them a blood red/ gold appearance ala khorne, since I cant stand all purple/ pink, I dont like the gross nurgle look, and tzeentch would be too reminiscent of my old ultramarine army.

They all look khorne, but I mark each unit as per my needs. Maurauders would be slaanesh, warriors too. Cavalry probably khorne or tzeentch for war with blasted std., and nurgle for sorcs because I just love buboes too much not to use it and snipe chars before they can challenge my champs and prevent them from killing troops.

skuller
15-05-2009, 23:26
Im working on three different proyects for my chaos armies
my deamon army is an entire khornate madness
have around 80 bloodletters, 15 bloodhounds and 5 bloodcrusher + skulltaker, skulltaker on a juggy and a bloodthirster
Im making a Lustrian chaos warhammer with amazons models that is going to be either Slaneeshi or slaneeshi/unmarked
and my regular WoC that will be Nurgle Based

selone
16-05-2009, 10:47
tzeentch, slaanesh and nurgle fer me !

OldMan
16-05-2009, 11:01
voted option one

They worship more than four.

Not only there are minor chaos gods ( Hashut, beings from dark elfs pantheon), but also most powerfull demons are unrecognisable by mortals from gods.

And there is also Malal. :D

Kerill
16-05-2009, 13:23
I chose 4, although by the fluff of ym list they worship one- Tzeentch. My slaanesh warriors are a bodyguard, the khorne marauders are norsemen, nurgle sorcerors have had their minds crushed by my sorceror lord and leader who is Tzeentch.

Shagrat
16-05-2009, 14:40
Slaanesh only, baby!
Let's bring the pain to those blood boys!

Avian
16-05-2009, 15:48
voted option one

They worship more than four.
Hey, it's not my fault people don't read the question they are asked:

How many of the big four chaos gods does your chaos army worship?

:D

Ultimo ninja
16-05-2009, 15:51
I havent seen a malal army before...I know he isnt big four...ayone got a link to some pics?

Avian
17-05-2009, 09:44
He was a minor god mentioned in the background (an anti-chaos chaos god - I don't know how they came up with that :D), but there were never any marks for him, models made for his followers or anything like that. Like so many other things quietly dropped from the background he's more popular now than he was when he was part of the canon. ;)

Oberon
17-05-2009, 09:59
Characters: all 4 gods
Core: only slaanesh or unmarked (hounds)
Special: 3 of them (no tzeentch)
Rare: either tzeentch or slaanesh

Kerill
17-05-2009, 17:55
There were models made for Malal followers- the original skrag the slaughterer for example.

Seville
17-05-2009, 19:45
He was a minor god mentioned in the background (an anti-chaos chaos god - I don't know how they came up with that :D), but there were never any marks for him, models made for his followers or anything like that. Like so many other things quietly dropped from the background he's more popular now than he was when he was part of the canon. ;)

Yes, Malal is now the patron deity of pedants and contrarians! ;)

Nephilim of Sin
17-05-2009, 20:56
Mono-god here, although my choice was limited with my conversion abilities. I had bought some of the older Chaos Warrior by mistake a while back on E-bay, so I decided to convert them by making them look diseased and rotten. Then it just came to using the spare bitz I had to flesh out the army, and a mono-god themed Nurgle list was born!

The best part about it is that once I am tired of the the greens and browns palette for my greenskins, I will have something completely different to paint with Nurgle! Oh....wait......:cries:

Karlon
18-05-2009, 11:07
Just the one - Nurgle.

Its a personal preference. I feel like I have to either go undivided and have NO marked units or aligned demons, or mono-god and have everything marked.

But then I am forever making up restrictions to frustrate myself when building an army. I must be a masochist.

Calyst
18-05-2009, 14:31
All of them and the additional chaos god of the dice.