PDA

View Full Version : WoC 750 starting list

djkest
14-05-2009, 16:02
Just wondering how this list looks to you guys. 750 points- starting small.

Lvl 2 sorc, Tzeentch, power familiar [165]

14 Chaos Warriors, Shields, FC [254]
20 Chaos Marauders, LA, Shields, FC, Slaanesh [150]
5 Hounds [30]
5 Hounds [30]

1 Chaos Chariot [120]

Total: 749

Hounds will be used to flank/fight war machines/screen chariot I suppose.

Mercules
14-05-2009, 19:27
Nice... I like it.

3 dispel dice and 5 casting dice is good for that point level. It could conceivably allow you to cast two spells per turn and one a good solid 3 die casting.

The Chaos Warriors are a 2+ AS making them tough to kill and they can generate combat resolution from attacks to add on to their 2 Static CR. I assume you will be running them 7 wide. Looks like a solid unit, if slow.

The Marauders will be tough to scare away with the MoSlaanesh and have nice Static CR. The light Armor and Shields gives them a little survivability. Still slow though.

2 units of hounds for harassment works well, good for hitting a flank or hunting warmachines.

The Chariot is just all around handy. It is going to be a target if anyone brings a warmachine, but what else is new.

very nice 750 list for WoC.

Kerethar
14-05-2009, 19:41
I propose to change the Power Familiar to Book of Secrets
you'll get an extra spell on top of the power die.
Two magic missiles per turn will help you a lot.

Mercules
14-05-2009, 20:58
And you will blow up your general a lot more thoroughly.:eyebrows:

Kerethar
14-05-2009, 23:54
the trick is not to roll miscasts ;)

Kalec
15-05-2009, 04:55
The book guarantess a second useful spell. Nurgle would be better then tzeentch, because the lore is easier to cast and less circumstantial.

The only change I would make is to put the sorcerer on the chariot. Saves you 20 points and lets the chariot negate ranks.

Mercules
15-05-2009, 14:22
The book guarantess a second useful spell. Nurgle would be better then tzeentch, because the lore is easier to cast and less circumstantial.

The only change I would make is to put the sorcerer on the chariot. Saves you 20 points and lets the chariot negate ranks.

But limits your LoS and what you can cast upon.

The book is neat, but it affects ALL your spells, even the non-book ones which means if you miscast you have a flat 16% chance of just going Poof! instead of the bell curve of a 2d6.

Basically you have a much greater chance of rolling a 2. Instead of a 2.8% chance you end up with a 16% chance. Basically you HUGELY increase the chance of having a nasty miscast when you miscast.

A miscast result of 2(which is, again, much more likely now) while on a Chariot basically poofs the chariot as well as the Wizard since it takes a S10 hit.

Eta
15-05-2009, 14:55
How often do you miscast when you only roll 2D6 for most spells? It happens, but once every 6 games is a gamble I always risk. Besides, the power of Chaos is random, sometimes you win big, sometimes you are turned into a spawn. The Book of Secrets is IMO a characterful and useful item in a Chaos army.

Greetings
Eta

Mercules
15-05-2009, 16:42
Your chance of Miscasting with 2 dice is 2.8% every time you roll.

Your chance of Miscasting with 3 dice is 7.4% every time you roll.

You don't increase the chance of Miscasting in any way, but what you do change is the severity of the miscast. If you have a "Then I rolled a miscast and the game went to hell for me." story you like to tell, consider dusting it off since you are not going to roll the more benign miscast results as often and will be rolling the really horrible ones about 8 times as often.

Havock
16-05-2009, 20:28
Actually, with the book you have three options:
1- you die horribly and everyone around you gets hurt bad.
2- you and everyone around you get hurt bad
3- your opponent can cast a spell.

the odds of the first one is 1/6 and you won't lose a level or end the magic phase :)