PDA

View Full Version : 2K High Elves, first game in a bit

th0r
14-05-2009, 21:28
So I'm gearing up for a tournament (3k) and I have a game next Thursday, so here is the list I'm bringing. The tournament list is actually this plus a lot of magic, but I figured in 2k it might be worth it to have a bit more fighting units. My opponent will be a goblin army (which I hear is quite good, won the last 2k WHFB tournament). Here is the list, thoughts?

Prince 621
-Star Dragon
-Vambraces of Defence, Armour of Caledor, Sword of Might

Mage 140pts
-2x Dispel Scrolls

10x Archers 110pts

16x Spearmen 169pts
-Full Command

16x Spearmen 169pts
-Full Command

10x White Lions of Chrace 205pts
-Full Command
-War Banner

Lion Chariot of Chrace 140pts

Lion Chariot of Chrace 140pts

Repeater Bolt Thrower 100pts

Total: 2000

bob_the_small
14-05-2009, 21:41
If it was me, I would drop a unit of spearmen, bulk up your white lions... and give the prince a lance of sorts.... if you want to you could drop the other unit of spearmen too and grab another special unit.... dragon princes maybe to support the dragon? or another elite footslogger maybe?

Dark14
15-05-2009, 03:54
a little bit all over the place with this one. drop the BT's they wont do to much with your army charging t2 also if your playing friendly dont use lion chariots they are lame. buff the WL and mabey even drop the archers since you only need 2 core. the points should be enough for another mage give her annulian crystal to steal some more DD and help you defend till you crash ther lines.

th0r
15-05-2009, 09:31
Why are the lion chariots lame? I read about a lot of people bashing them, but in addition to the sweet model, I think it's a pretty decent flanker to support a charge? I was thinking about dropping the dragon down a level or two to free up points for more guys. Also, does the White Lion unit need another 5 guys, or is it fine as is?

Dragon Prince of Caledor
15-05-2009, 17:28
Firstly I would suggest drop the sword of might on the prince. Take a halberd. Either give him the amulet of light (which would give the prince and the dragon magical attacks) or just the halberd. A star dragon and three bolt throwers will make a lot of enemies. The bolt throwers are a waste anyways seeing as you are hopefully going to be making the charges. I think 2 lion chariots is overkill. I use one and team it up with a tiranoc one and they do well. I would recommend getting another unit of troops. Phoenix Guard would probably be most appropriate. A unit of 10 white lions will get owned. I would up them to 15 and make them essentially unbreakable (atleast for aturn after that they are still not going anywhere fast.) Drop the archers too. That would free up 400 pts and if you down graded a chariot that would give like 455 points saved total. With this up the white lions, get an uber unit of phoenix guard (or swordmasters but they will need protection vs. missiles and you dont have enough magic to cast any nor a character to carry sacred incense so i vote phoenix guard.) They are scary and greenskins are nancies. Fully ranked PG are 255 give them a warbanner. Even a regular ranked unit of white lions with banner and gem of courage is 265. That should leave exactly 150 pts or so for a unit of dragon princes. I think that list would do well. The only problem is that its really weak on magic defense, doesnt move that fast etc. If you could find space for an eagle that would be good for warmachine/mage hunting seeing as your magic defense would be laughed off by most these days.

If you were to take the list i suggest that woudl grant, 2 spearmen units, a PG units, WL unit, DP unit, 2 chariots one of which is a beast, all this with the addition of a redonkulous dragon. That makes for a disgusting combat phase. Anywho, thats all I have to say.
Good luck.