PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pt Ogre Kingdoms List For All Comers

Tweakout
15-05-2009, 18:34
Hey I have been play testing and tweaking this list now for about three months and was hoping to get some feedback from people. This list is designed to be able to play against any other army with no changes, since for tournaments around here you cannot change the list from battle to battle. My Tyrant is run attached to the unit of Maneaters for the most part.

Lord

Tyrant 200
Maw Seeker 10
SiegeBreaker 30
Wyrdstone Necklace 20
Jade Lion 30
Heavy Armor 6
Luck Gnoblar 5 301

Heroes

Butcher 130
Halfling Cookbook 25
2 Tooth Gnoblars 10
Fistful of Laurels 15 180

Butcher 130
2 Tooth Gnoblars 10
HellHeart 50 190

Core

Bulls
4 Bulls 140
Bellower 10 150

Bulls
4 Bulls 140
Bellower 10 150

Bulls
4 Bulls 140
Bellower 10 150

Ironguts
4 Guts 192
Standard Bearer 20
Bellower 10 222

Ironguts
4 Guts 192
Standard Bearer 20
Bellower 10 222

Rare Unit

Gorger 75

Maneaters
4 Maneaters 320
Heavy Armor 16
Great Weapons 24 360

hill9969
16-05-2009, 08:15
I was looking over your army and it seems you have a different style of play than I do with the Ogres. Where you going to go 4 wide with the models or go three wide with a model in the back? I wouldn't suggest going 4 wide since most units are small enough that three ogres will get into full base to base against 5 20mm models and if you go 4 wide an Ogre will not be able to attack. That said you might consider dropping on ogre bull in each of the units and creating another bull unit with out a bellower.

Also I do not like tooth gnoblars. You have to declare using them before you cast and they only give a +1 to the value. So a 3 becomes a 4. It does make the dispel harder but it is difficult to know when to use them. Also a roll of 1 or 2 always fails so it will not help get a spell off where it failed. Against magic heavy armies it may not matter at all since they will have as much if not more dispel dice than you have power dice. You might just be filling out points and if so there is no reason not to take them.

As a player I cringe when I roll for the stupidity rule. You have a good backup with the jade lion but it still can come back to hurt you. I like not to take risks with my best fighter. Have you tried Greatskull armor and the wall crusher big name? You can buy them if you lose two tooth gnoblars and still be at 2000 points. The extra impact for the wall crusher would be nice with the str of the tyrant and the miscast on the double 2's or 3's is nice.

I hope this helped you. I know nothing about what type of players or armies will be at the tournament but it seems like a gunline might rip you apart if you don't close in quickly on them. Good luck with the battles!

Ax'ataxa
16-05-2009, 08:33
that's a lot of ogres ... nuff said

Ravensgard
16-05-2009, 08:42
I would swap one ogre of a group of 4 to another group and having thus a group of 5 ogres wich can be used as a bodyguard group for your tyrant. Else you can swap 1 ogre from 2 groups to one group and having a group of 6 ogres and 2 of 3 ogres. the larger group using as a main block and having the bull charge strenght bonus. (+1 S for each rank behind the first line).
4 would be to wide I think.

orcsorks
17-05-2009, 19:23
Gnoblars man, you need more Gnoblars. Also, try a hunter with some trappers, makes a great roving flank unit! But really, you need Gnoblars, and leadbelchers. Maybe throw in a unit of Yheetes or a scrap launcher, as they are two of the best units in your book! Just some friendly suggestions.