PDA

View Full Version : Looking for non-cheesy tourny Khorne List

Jind_Singh
17-05-2009, 08:40
Hello all,
Looking to enter my 2nd tourney ever - the 1st one I took a very strong list and ended up smashing all before me....not much fun after destroying all 4 armies.
This time round I want to stick with the Daemons AND want to prove that there are such things as 'nice' Daemon armies.
To do this I'm thinking mono-Khorne, heres my list:

Herald on jugger, armour khorne, firestorm blade (General) 190 pts
Herald on jugger, armour khorne, firestorm blade (General) 190 pts
Herald on jugger, armour khorne, firestorm blade (BSB) 215 pts

17 Bloodletters, full command 234 pts
17 Bloodletters, full command 234 pts
16 Bloodletters, full command 234 pts

5 Flesh Hounds, include Karanack 215 pts

EXACTLY 1500 pts - place a herald in each unit so they rank as 20 strong units of bloodletters.

Should be pretty easy to for most people to get around - no magic, no annoying furies, will look really unified on the battlefield with all those red models, and only 1 unit of support via the hounds so it shouldn't be too hard for people to outflank me, etc, etc.

On the other hand with 3 big units I can still soak up punishment and (hopefully) make it to the last turn of the game.

Karanack was chosen just as I really fancy trying my hand at painting him.

PS - I know I took the jugger, firestorm blade, and armour of khorne options for the heralds but old habbits die hard!

Can anyone make (nice) suggestions as to how I can keep the mono-khorne look, give my army a some what decent chance of challenging people, but not make anyone look at it and give it 'Insta-hate'.

Thanks all - looking forward to your thoughts

Jind_Singh
17-05-2009, 09:33
PS - I have some bloodcrushers around in my bitz box which I can assemble if needs be - I think theres 3 of them.

danny-d-b
17-05-2009, 09:36
I'd say drop Karanack and get the anti magic banner
seriously

I could take on your army and prob win with 5 chaos knights and 3 sorerers (2 nurgle, 1 tzeentch) and then fill the rest of my points with air and still win

dsw1
17-05-2009, 09:56
I'd say drop Karanack and get the anti magic banner
seriously

I could take on your army and prob win with 5 chaos knights and 3 sorerers (2 nurgle, 1 tzeentch) and then fill the rest of my points with air and still win

You'd need that much? ;)

I think the list is fairly bad to be honest. I don't see why people Restrict themselves from taking units just because they are "good for their points". It is a stupid concept if you ask me, I mean a general back in 500bc-1500AD (or times around that) never said "Oh, I won't take my best cavalry because I think it won't be fair for our mortal enemies to face." or something to that effect. It is a ludicrous concept, sure if you are playing a friendly game it is fair enough not wanting to take the nastiest things you can, but in a tournament :rolleyes: it is a different gaming atmosphere. I am not saying cheese up your army, but just don't limit yourself because of public opinions, take what you like rather than what you think will be approved by other players.[/rant]

anyway, I would suggest having 2 heralds on foot, one being a BSB. The reason I say this is because it gives your units benefits such as hatred, and bloodletters without hatred are some what rubbish. It is the locus abilities that make the units.

The Bsb should ideally have the standard of sundering. I say this because you are in dire need of Magic defence, and what better than this banner?

Also, in 1500pts, blood crushers can be great, just have a think about them.

I hope this some what helps, and sorry for the rant.

Dsw1

Jind_Singh
17-05-2009, 10:31
Well you see I thought the same with tourneys - take your loaded list and kick the crap out of people. With only a 1000 pts I fielded:
Characters
1) Herald of Khorne, Jugger, armour of Khorne, Firestorm Blade [190 pts]
2) Hearld of Tzeentch, level 2, power vortex [145 pts]
Core
1) 10 Pink Horrors, Standard bearer with Icon of Sorcery [157 pts]
2) 11 Bloodletters, full command [162 pts]
3) 5 Furies [60 pts]
4) 5 Furies [60 pts]
Special
1) 3 Bases of Nurglings [105 pts]
Rare
1) 2 Fiends of Slaanesh [110 pts]

And I won all four games by turn 2. Infact against the high elves the only unit he had left alive at the end of turn 2 was 1 unit of archers...and only because I hadn't enough units to charge them!

I got the full 15 pts for outright slaughter but took a huge beating on the soft scores.
Though this time I fully intend to do more than a basic paint job I'll still take a beating on soft scores if I take the 'AAA' list. In the end I ended up in 2nd place by 5 points...so nothing for all the skulls I'd taken for Lord Khorne!

Thats why I came up with the tamer list - and I'm trying to find balance between pure crap and over cheesed.

I'm also toying with the idea of using all 85 of my bloodletters in huge horde army of foot sloggers!