PDA

View Full Version : Favour of the God on Char in Unit

SlaaneshSlave
17-05-2009, 16:50
Hopefully this is just a nit...

FAQ says that if a champ has the Favour of the Gods then the unit can reroll EotG from the Warshrine.

So, I can do the same for characters too then, right? Give my BSB the Favour, drop him in a Chaos Knight unit, & reroll the Warshrine's EotG. Right?

Leth Shyish'phak
17-05-2009, 16:58
Is your character a Chosen Champion? No? Then the FAQ doesn't refer to him and you can't do it.

SlaaneshSlave
17-05-2009, 17:33
Really?

BSB is in a unit. Unit has EotG used on it. EotG applies to him while he is in the unit. He gets to change result by +/- 1. When he leave the unit, he loose the buff.

FAQ seemed to be more of the special instance for unit champs.

Goruax
17-05-2009, 17:58
The character is in the unit and counts as part of that unit for almost all intents and purposes.

If, however, he were to leave the unit, he would lose the bonus.

Havock
17-05-2009, 18:02
Is your character a Chosen Champion? No? Then the FAQ doesn't refer to him and you can't do it.

It was an example, this is the exact same situation, so yes, it can be done.

Leth Shyish'phak
18-05-2009, 14:09
The FAQ only refers to Chosen Champions being able to change the roll of their unit. It doesn't use them as an example.

He might be able to change his own gift, but he can't change his unit's.

Goruax
18-05-2009, 14:28
Q: If the Favour of the Gods enchanted item is given to the champion of a unit of Chosen, can the unit benefit from it when it makes its roll on the Eye of the Gods table before the game? And when it makes a roll thanks to a Chaos War Alter?

A: Yes, they can.

Emphasis mine, but that would surely validate the argument that the Exalted could influence a Warshrine roll.
If the Champion can influence the roll, so can a character - the Champion is not the unit, but part of, so is the Exalted whilst he is joined to it.

jaxom
18-05-2009, 15:53
An Exalted in a unit with the Favor does not influence the roll on the Warshrine. Nor does a character which causes Fear or Terror cause those to reroll when the target of the blessing is the unit as a whole. The rule is explicit. Only the Champion can force a reroll of the blessing for the unit.

Atrahasis
18-05-2009, 16:35
If a character in a unit is ineligible for a gift (either because he causes fear/terror or has the gift already) then the unit must reroll if it gains that gift, jaxom.

Following that trend, he should be able to use the Favour to alter the roll.

jaxom
18-05-2009, 17:29
If a character in a unit is ineligible for a gift (either because he causes fear/terror or has the gift already) then the unit must reroll if it gains that gift, jaxom.

Following that trend, he should be able to use the Favour to alter the roll.

Ah, they did indeed include that in the FAQ. That's silly but what the heck... I guess it just means that I can manipulate things even more carefully. I'll have to reconsider my deathstar list.

I agree. If a single character can force a gift to reroll then the Favor should apply as well.