PDA

View Full Version : Competitive 2500 WoC

Cobbicus
17-05-2009, 19:30
Hey all, I've got a 2500 point tournament coming up so I just wanted to get some comments on what everyone thought of my list.

Sorcerer Lord- MoT, Disc, Lvl 4, golden eye of tzeentch, infernal puppet, scroll, conjoined homunculus, bloodcurdling roar=435
Wulfrik the Wanderer=185
Festus the leechlord=185
Chaos Sorcerer- MoN, lvl 2, scroll, collar of khorne, sporific musk=210

24 Marauders- MoK, flails, full command=140
16 Chaos Warriors- MoK, shields, great weapons, full command, blasted standard=372
5 Marauder Horsemen-MoK, flails=105
5 warhound=30
5 warhound=30
5 warhound=30
5 warhound=30
5 warhound=30

5 chaos knights- MoN, banner of rage=285
5 chaos knights- MoK=230

10 Power dice
6 dispel dice
total points=2507

OK so first things first, I'm not to sure on what to drop to get rid of those 7 points, I was thinking bloodcurdling roar because that's not too important.

Both festus, and the lvl 2 MoN sorcerer are going into the warrior unit. This gives them a 3+/5+/5+ against shooting and magic resistance 2. I also have a quick question about MoN, does it confer to the unit? So would anybody shooting at the unit with the MoN sorcerer in it be at -1 to hit or does the entire unit have to have the upgrade? So that unit is extremely well protected from long range and when it does get into combat its a force to be reckoned with. I took soporific musk on the lvl 2 sorcerer because it helps my chances of running down a unit with that unit which would give me double victory points for that unit due to festus' special rule.

Then I have the fast stuff in the form of 3 units of khorne horsemen (105 points for a unit that gets 20 attacks is worth it every time) and 2 units of khorne knights. I basically want them in the fight nice and quick while my warriors move up and wulfrik comes in from behind to cause some disorder in what ever my opponent is thinking. Then of course I have a good amount of magic and magic defense.

Overall I think its a formidable list. What does everyone else think? All criticism is very much welcome.

Cobbicus
17-05-2009, 22:59
Bump.

Does anyone have any comments at all?

ROCKY
17-05-2009, 23:04
umm no offense but this is hardly competitive. 2 units of knights and too many core units. you will also run into the problem of powerful lords/monsters.

Cobbicus
17-05-2009, 23:47
Well first of all the number of core is misleading as I only take hounds to screen my frenzied units. So its really only five core units.

I'm assuming that your comment on the amount of knight units was too little? I would just like to know why.

Against strong lord characters I can try to go after him with Wulfrik considering he is a character killer.

selone
18-05-2009, 00:23
I like the base premise of your list which is tzeentch Sorc lord and nurgle sorc's but why does your unmounted chaos sorceror have spoforic musk?
Is wulfrik coming on with the marauders?

Cobbicus
18-05-2009, 00:26
Yes wulfrik is coming in with the marauders.

The lvl 2 sorcerer has soporific musk because it raises the chances of me catching a unit with the warrior unit. Not a huge increase but it certainly helps. The reason I want to catch units with the warrior unit is because the warrior unit will have festus in it and if I catch a unit I get double victory points.

selone
18-05-2009, 00:34
Ahh I see your plan then :) I do think you'll be lucky to get the warriors into combat and then break an enemy unit and then catch it but if you think you can do that then go for it :D

ROCKY
18-05-2009, 10:18
Well first of all the number of core is misleading as I only take hounds to screen my frenzied units. So its really only five core units.

I'm assuming that your comment on the amount of knight units was too little? I would just like to know why.

Against strong lord characters I can try to go after him with Wulfrik considering he is a character killer.

i can count and ONLY 5 core units? thats 2 too many, if u drop 2 units of marauder horsemen, some hounds etc u can get another unit of knights or some dragon ogres. and yes if 2 units of knights are ur only heavy hitters then ouch. lastly wulfric a character killer? i would accept his challenge and wipe his dumb S7 attack with his puny 3 up save.

Cobbicus
18-05-2009, 15:18
105 points for a unit with 20 attacks is well worth it and in my opinion thats a heavy hitting unit. I see where you are coning from with wulfrik but its 4 S7 attackr that are rerollable and its a 2+ save