PDA

View Full Version : Chosen Champion+ Book of Secrets

BigbyWolf
17-05-2009, 19:57
Pretty simple- has anyone tried this out yet?

Played a game against Wood Elves using Nurgle WoC the other day, went magic heavy and on top of that decided to give the champion the Book of Secrets...and he played a large part in my win! I took the Lore of Fire and rolled the Flaming Sword, meaning that he spent most of the game tearing trough units with 5 S7 attacks hitting on 2s. He even took down a Treeman!

If the unit had the MoTz, am I right in thinking that he would also get +1 to cast his spell?

Seville
17-05-2009, 20:03
Haven't tried it, but it's a cool idea. Yes, you are correct that if he had MoT, you would get +1 to cast.

And what if you take the banner of wrath in that unit, too? That coupled with fireball and you could actually have a nice little magic missile hurler as you close.

Dexter099
17-05-2009, 20:11
Suggested by Phil Kelly was a unit of chosen, the champion with the book of secrets, and the standard bearer with the banner of wrath. Mark of Tzeentch, of course.

BigbyWolf
17-05-2009, 20:13
Just a shame the Flaming Sword isn't the default spell for Lore of Fire...unit of Chosen (extra H/W, 5 wide), Flaming Champ, and if you're lucky throw a Call to Glory in there...12 S4 attacks, 4 S5, and 5 S7!

Avian
17-05-2009, 20:21
I was planning on taking the Book on my Chosen Champ when I get around to converting up a unit (using the book from the HE mage kit), but now I am wondering if the Favour of the Gods might not be a better choice. Not that the Book is bad, but the Favour goes very well with Chosen.

Dexter099
17-05-2009, 20:26
The favor is better, I'd say, it really allows you to get something good every time. Coupled with the banner of rage...

selone
17-05-2009, 22:28
The favour is more reliable yes and made for chosen, but the chosen champion sorc is just too unique not to consider. I'd suggest being tzeentch with fire magic, now he has a 1/6 in chance of getting a spell (flaming sword) that really suits him and otherwise a flaming magic missile is just what the doctor ordered in this current environment.
Both spells are very one dicable with mark of tzeentch.