PDA

View Full Version : Kroxigor/Cold Ones

Ophidian
06-05-2005, 11:08
Do you think it'd be an efficient use of points to have a unit of Kroxigor and a unit of Saurus cavalry in a 2000 point army? Both units would seem to fulfil similar functions, but I don't know if there'd be milage in having one of each...

I'm thinking in general terms, but specifically to take on a Beastman army.

Neknoh
06-05-2005, 11:44
Well...

Against Beasts of Chaos, I think you would want the Kroxigors, since they are one of your few units that can match the Minotaurs, and besides, Minotaurs close, Shoot them with Skinks and charge them with Kroxies.

And beasts have pretty bad armour, so the Skink shooting combined with Kroxie fighting will work fine. A Terror Causer might be a good idea as well.

But there are times when Coldone Riders can be useful, though not as often as Kroxies

Major Defense
06-05-2005, 16:53
Your 3+ armored Cold One riders can be led by a hero sporting his own 1+ armor save - and that's without buying any magic items! You can also get a banner, musician and rank bonus if you total 8 or more.

Kroxigors can be made very effective if you're clever enough to cover their front with two small units of Skinks.

Heph
06-05-2005, 17:11
7 coldone nights full command with a scar vet/oldblood in it is great, usually i put the super fast one in it with the jaguar charm you also give them the banner of huanchi almost always ensuring the charge.

MarcoPollo
06-05-2005, 22:33
I use both units in a 2000 pt army. It works great. I have 3 krox and 5 cavalry with Huanichi's totem. I put a scar veteran in the unit. I have points left over to include 2X10 skinks, 2Xswarm, 18 saurus, 3rd gen slann, and 6 slamanders. I have enough to include another hero aswell.

I like to use them both. I like the variety and the models and it just rounds out the field that much better. Kroxigors can take out those pesky chariots, salamander can take out those skirmishers and cavalry can butcher alot of units, especially if they can get a flank off with huanichi's totem.

I line them up in the american football version of an "I" form or "Pro" form.

Oguleth
07-05-2005, 22:12
I think the Cold Ones are next to useless... Most things with a shooty weapon can seriously maul the unit quite fast, combined with high pts cost and stupidity makes an expensive unit that dies quite fast if people shoot at it, or use magic on it... Having 7 with a character is really expensive; sounds like a good target to earn VPs..

Kroxes on the other hand.. 4 of them isn`t very expensive, they have s7 so they can maul knights and chariots if you can reach them, and can generally do well against most things in chaos armies. I`d take those if I were you...