PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Wood Elf list - No tree spirits.

Time of Madness
17-05-2009, 22:36
Another attempt at a no tree spirit all Asrai list. I think I'm getting a bit closer here to a competitive list.

CHARACTERS

Highborn
- Great Weapon
- Bow of Loren
- Arcane Bodkins
- Amber Pendant
= 252pts

Alter Noble
- Great Weapon/Light armour/shield
- Hail of Doom
- Helm of the Hunt
= 158pts

Spell Singer
- Level 1
- 2 Dispel Scrolls
= 140pts

CORE

10 Glade Guard
= 120pts

10 Glade Guard
= 120pts

10 Glade Guard
= 120pts

5 Glade Riders
- Musician
= 129pts

5 Glade Riders
- Musician
= 129pts

19 Eternal Guard
***Highborn here***
- Full Command
- Banner of Springtide
= 283pts

SPECIAL

7 Wardancers
- Musician
= 133pts

7 Wardancers
- Musician
= 133pts

RARE

6 Waywatchers
= 144pts

6 Waywatchers
= 144pts

TOTAL POINTS = 1999pts

The general's unit is the cornerstone of the list. Banner of springtide is an underused banner in my opinion and many people don't expect it. Having the ability to always stand and shoot with my lord tends to be fun.

I've thought about dropping the alter noble for a waywatcher noble instead. A waywatcher noble with blight of terrors can be an asset to the army.

Anyone think I'm on the right track here? Opinions or changes?

Time of Madness

ivrg
18-05-2009, 02:46
A waywatcher noble will be useless aginst some armies that is immune to fear. Like deamons and undead. Arcane bodkins and bow of loren is grossly overrated. I would equip an alter highborn or usual higborn for close combat any day. Arcane bodkins is perhaps usefull if you meet brettonia or some other army with heavy cav that have T3. But aginst T4 it will not pay of if not the cost of the heavy cav is very high. I think you must have a BSB if you plan to use the eternal guard. The only thing that can fight in your army is EG and wardancers. Everything else is just shooting. You magic phase is also very weak. No tree singing potential.

mrjusting
18-05-2009, 12:35
I think it looks surprisingly good. (though I'd sure miss having dryads)

ivrg isn't correct about the only thing in your army fighting being wardancers and EG.
You clearly know that WE armies are all about combined charges. Thus you've included glade riders, waywatchers and the alter noble who will all be trying to get flank and rear charges.

I'm not totally sold on the banner of springtide, especially as the unit it's with (eternal guard) doesn't have bows.....

I'd switch it and put calaingors stave on the spellsinger.

Time of Madness
18-05-2009, 22:08
I'm not totally sold on the banner of springtide, especially as the unit it's with (eternal guard) doesn't have bows.....

I'd switch it and put calaingors stave on the spellsinger.

Thanks for the comments gents.

The stave is pretty useless with only 1 level 1 sorceress, I'd rather keep the 2 scrolls.

The Springtide banner is for the highborn's 4 bow of loren shots...It will be a nice surprise, but I'm tempted to switch it for the warbanner.
Time of Madness

ivrg
19-05-2009, 01:21
I have played some battle with my wood elfs. And i can tell you that glade riders isnt very good close combat fighters, they can very well end upp giving the enemy CR instead because of thier weak AS.

Waywatchers fighting? yes sure, aginst warmachine crews. But dont count on them them taking out anything stronger than that, combined charge or not.

Non forest spirit is cool idea, btu not an efficte list.