PDA

View Full Version : Attempt of totally broken shadestar

sipron
17-05-2009, 22:54
First off, this is a list I would only use in a friendly "how can cheese the most" game.

The tactic is to move all of the assassins to the shades unit in the first turn.

Dreadlord
(Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, Pendant of Khaeleth, Potion of Strength, Dagger of Hotek)

Sorceress
(Level 2, Pearl of Infinite Bleakness, Tome of Furion)

Sorceress
(Level 2, 3 Null Talismans)

Sorceress
(Level 2, Ring of Darkness)

Assassin
(Additional Hand Weapon, Rending Stars, Manbane, Cloak of Twilight)

3x Assassin
(Additional Hand Weapon, Rending Stars, Manbane, Hand of Khaine)
498 (166)

3x 10 Warriors
180 (60)

38 Shades (All characters go here)

Total: 2244 pts

The shades unit has MR3, half BS for units shooting at it, Immune to psychology and loads of asf attacks.

Any suggestions on how to make it even more broken?

ROCKY
17-05-2009, 22:58
too many eggs in one basket.

Makina
18-05-2009, 13:17
Imagine getting Gateway off on that :p

kramplarv
18-05-2009, 13:21
imagine also how that list would kick 95% of all other lists in the game with certainity.

Gaargod
18-05-2009, 16:43
Way, way too vulnerable getting ganked.

I would suggest:

Dreadlord with repeater crossbow, sea dragon cloak, shield, Armour of Eternal Servitude, Pendent of Khaeleth and Sword of Might = 244

Master with BSB, Banner of Nagarythe, heavy armour, sea dragon cloak, shield and a repeater crossbow = 270

Master with heavy armour, sea dragon cloak, shield, halberd, repeater crossbow and the Ring of Hotek = 149

Master with heavy armour, sea dragon cloak, shield, halberd, repeater crossbow and 3 Null Talismans = 169

5 Dark Riders with a musician = 92

35 Shades with great weapons = 630

War Hydra = 175
War Hydra = 175

Total = 1998

Possibly change halberds for great weapons if you want on the masters.
Ignore magic pretty much entirely (keep hydras in range of Ring), dominate movement and combat phase, do quite well in shooting.

Don't take it mind. Its just plain wrong...

fubukii
18-05-2009, 17:43
yea with no ring of hotek in your army that shade star is gonna die so fast.

the revised list above is alot better.

Im not sure why you would want to run a shadestar though, it takes no skill or tactics at all to play, and is even considered rediculously broken. having played vs and beat the list, i can tell you it wasnt a fun game even though i got a massacre, and i probably wouldnt even want to play that list outside of a gt.

Kill-Freedom
19-05-2009, 10:31
List doesnt worry me

Cats Laughing
19-05-2009, 19:40
Ignore magic pretty much entirely (keep hydras in range of Ring), dominate movement and combat phase, do quite well in shooting.

I could probably spank the 2nd list with a 1000pt High Elf list, with the Hydras being the only things that worry me.

A pair of L2 High Elf mages (one with the Seerstaff to make sure of things) will turn this army into no more than a pair of Hydras and your Characters.

A 3 PD Howler Wind followed by a 3 PD Drain Magic every turn will basically ignore your 2 DD, Ring of Hotek and Null Talismans while removing all of your shooting.

Without ASF, the combat ability of the shades is kinda blah against High Elves. Swordmasters could deal with most of your characters and the shades.

silveryfox
19-05-2009, 21:28
First off, this is a list I would only use in a friendly "how can cheese the most" game.

The tactic is to move all of the assassins to the shades unit in the first turn.

Dreadlord
(Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, Pendant of Khaeleth, Potion of Strength, Dagger of Hotek)

Sorceress
(Level 2, Pearl of Infinite Bleakness, Tome of Furion)

Sorceress
(Level 2, 3 Null Talismans)

Sorceress
(Level 2, Ring of Darkness)

Assassin
(Additional Hand Weapon, Rending Stars, Manbane, Cloak of Twilight)

3x Assassin
(Additional Hand Weapon, Rending Stars, Manbane, Hand of Khaine)
498 (166)

3x 10 Warriors
180 (60)

38 Shades (All characters go here)

Total: 2244 pts

The shades unit has MR3, half BS for units shooting at it, Immune to psychology and loads of asf attacks.

Any suggestions on how to make it even more broken?

You would probably want Banner of Hag Graef to ASF.