PDA

View Full Version : Gollum and Grima question

DrMabutu
18-05-2009, 20:49
My friend uses Gollum in his WOTR army. Gollum is a real pain because he kills my units quickly. However he seems very insistent that Gollum can move between my units just like one of my epic heroes. Can he do this? If so im guessing Grima can too.

xxRavenxx
18-05-2009, 21:34
Hes an epic hero, he thusly has heroic move, or whatever its called (no book on me right now). I see no reason he can't.

Edonil
19-05-2009, 01:04
Sorry, misunderstood the question. The answer- no. There is nothing stated in the abilities for them that lets them move from unit to unit, and while you are allowed to move them, the rules only let you move them to one of your units. Not one of your opponent's units.

Here's a previous post I did on this question-

The fact that Gollum has a requirement in the first place indicates that the requirement would go for the entire time. And, as I said, I don't see anything stopping him from going to another formation, except for the requirement stated above. However, now that I've looked at the rule for Moving Epic Heroes, while there isn't anything stopping you from moving Gollum, you might not want to.

'If you wish to move an Epic Hero, simply remove it from the formation it occupies (return the model it had earlier displaced to the company) and place the Epic Hero in another friendly command company within 18"- displacing one model as you would if the Hero have been deployed there...'

Moving Epic Heroes, WotR main rules, page 68

Gollum is allowed to be deployed in an enemy formation, the rules do not give him the option of moving into a different enemy formation, only a friendly.

Erethor
19-05-2009, 20:37
First, how does Gollum kill you're units quickly? He kills only one extra guy everytime you suffer casualties.

I'm going to say that Gollum can move between good units and here's why:

The first sentence of Gollums rules say that he is assigned to an enemy formation. This comes before the rules saying he is deployed in an enemy formation. To me, it seems that he can indeed move to another good formation, and that the deploying part is just to make clear how he starts off the game.

This obviously isn't clear, and has been a topic of debate, but I think in the spirit of the game, gollum should be allowed to move between formations. He is a sneaky one after all.

Jorgen_CAB
20-05-2009, 10:55
I don't think that the rules support Gollum moving to another formation during a game. The rule tells us that he is assigned to an enemy formation. It never tells us that he may move in between them. The line about deployment emphasize that he is deployed last, after all other deployment is done. The rules are as always unclear and you may interpret it as if he can move because they mention that he is assigned to an enemy formation and not one enemy formation. The problem is that the rule that let Epic Heroes move specifically tells as that they only can move to friendly formations, thus make it hard for Gollum to move anywhere but to a friendly formation, and that you don't want to do.

Though, in the spirit of the game and a friendly game I would allow my opponent to move him as he see fit, but not to any of his own formations, until this is FAQed.