PDA

View Full Version : 1999 WoC List

Horus0001
18-05-2009, 20:16
Hello there

I will be attending a 1999points tournament in a few weeks and ive been testing the list im going to post below.

For those of you unfamiliar with 1999 points its effectivly making a 2k list with the <2k restrictions.

The list i have been testing out is as follows:

Heroes

Exalted Hero
Hero: mark of Slaanesh, flail, shield, steed of Slaanesh, golden eye of tzeentch, bloodcurdling roar

Chaos Sorcerer
Sorcerer: mark of Slaanesh, Level 1, barded steed, collar of Khorne, dispel scroll

Exalted Hero
Hero: mark of Slaanesh, great weapon, helm of many eyes

Core

Chaos Warriors
12 Chaos Warriors: Mark of Slaanesh, Shields, full command

Chaos Warriors
12 Chaos Warriors: Mark of Slaanesh, Shields, full command

Chaos Marauders
20 Marauders: Mark of Slaanesh, Shields, Light Armour, full command

Marauder Horsemen
5 Horsemen: Mark of Slaanesh, throwing axes, shields, musician

Marauder Horsemen
5 Horsemen: Mark of Slaanesh, throwing axes, shields, musician

Hounds
5 hounds

Special

Chaos Knights
6 Knights: Mark of Slaanesh, musician

Chaos Knights
5 Knights: Mark of Slaanesh, full command

Rare

War shrine
Shrine: mark of Slaanesh

Total: 1969
Power dice: 3
Dispel dice: 3 + 1 scroll

As you can see its a mono slaanesh list, thats partly due to personal preference and partly due to existing models paint schemes (the army is a good 3 years old).

The main things im looking at is the steed mounted exalted, is it worth stacking him up quite so heavily in magic items, The foot exalted and the effectivness of the helm of many eyes, and if the magic defence will be enough for this kind of tournament. You will also notice the totals 30points under the max, this is due to my uncertainty about using magical banners.

What im looking for is suggestions on how to tweak the list slightly to be a little more competative without going out and replacing the majority of the units (all of which i currently have).

EvC
18-05-2009, 22:12
Liking it a lot. Throw in the War Banner or Rapturous Standard somewhere too :)

Elazar The Glorified
19-05-2009, 05:10
Looks like a really good list for this type of points restriction and a fairly solid list with a fluffy restriction on it (mono-Slaanesh), I run a mono-slaanesh army as well so you get my kudos on that! :D
I think the Exalted on Steed of Slaanesh looks quite good for his loadout and will definitely be a good warmachine hunter etc.
Seeing as you have the points left I'd be tempted to make the Exalted with Great weapon a BSB if you have the mini to do so. That way he will greatly increase the effectiveness of that large infantry core of your army with the re-rolls, more than worth the 25pts when you have nice infantry blocks!
I assume the sorcerer is going to be within the Knights unit to pass on his magic resistance. If so then I reckon you have enough magic defence. Well as good as it's going to get without having to throw all of your points at it!
Hope my comments are of some use! :)

ICEMANQ
19-05-2009, 07:53
WoC are the perfect army for such a tournament. Since the army doesn't really rely on rare choices you are giving yourself an advantage compared to others.

Other people have to decided between the hydra and the 2 bolt throwers, you just have to decide between more knights and more knights :p

_Kalas_
19-05-2009, 09:08
I would consider mounting foot exalted on steed of slaanesh as well, and deploying both exalteds with horseman.
Now You can drop golden eye of tzeentch since he's in a unit so look out sir! will protect him, after the 1 round he should be in combat or protected from shooting by terrain.
I'll advocate for making one of them BsB, it's only 25 points, You don't lose any combat powers, and re-roll is vital, since chaos can be beaten by CR in first round, but later on things start to look better for us :) + he will generate +1SCR for himself, it helps a lot when You send him on solo mission.
Consider fury of the blood god,shield , flail on Your BsB.
Tempting option for another exalted is book of secrets and dispell scroll.
You would have 2 scrolls, MR on knights due to collar, MR on horseman due to Fury and 3 DD, it should be enough of protection in <2k games, and in rounds 4,5,6 when You finish your opponents mages nurgle sorc and BoS exalted could even get some spells off.
Roar is excellent, no doubt about that.
Anyway, it's just an example of equippment, the most important part of my advice is to get both exalteds on steeds and make one of them BsB.
Imagine Chaos Warriors dominating movement phase....:eek: with set up like this it becomes possible.

cheers

Horus0001
20-05-2009, 14:52
Wow lots of replies, good ones too :)

From what i have found is the steed exalted is an excelent small unit/character/warmachine hunter roar is just there for the fluke kills.
The idea of running 2 is pretty sick especially if i was to split the cavalry up that would be 2 mirrored sides!

I have found though that its the infantry blocks that are loosing the combats not the cavalry so i am more tempted to keep a BSB in with the blocks. The other main issue i have noticed is with running 2 units of knights and only having one of them covered by MR the other one tends to get hammered as a result, hence them being the cheaper unit. Having a steed exalted unit hopping passing on MR to whichever unit of cavalry needs it (if they do) sounds pretty good to me.

You guys have given me quite a lot to think about :)

_Kalas_
21-05-2009, 12:51
infantry needs bsb even more, cause they usually finish beeing charged, not charging themselves, but with the mobility of SoS Your BsB is where You need him to be [unless he's already dead hehe;) ] and is, as mentioned before, able to fulfill more than one role, opposed to foot BsB.
Well, it's just my humble opinion, I think that fighting WoC characters should be mounted, always, otherwise it's a waste of their potential and huge points cost.
Anyway, let as know about Your performance in tournament.
Full battle reports would be lovely :)

CHAOS FOREVER!:evilgrin::chrome::skull:

redben
21-05-2009, 14:32
I realise it's a mono list and you won't be giving any units Marks other than Slaanesh but is it really necessary to give it to the CK? They already cause Fear, you're highly unlikely to come across anything that causes Terror given it's a 1999 point tourney and you already get to re-roll Panic tests. Surely you'd be better off spending the 20 points elsewhere? Just because they don't have the MoS doesn't mean they can't be Slaaneshi.

Elazar The Glorified
21-05-2009, 16:21
I realise it's a mono list and you won't be giving any units Marks other than Slaanesh but is it really necessary to give it to the CK? They already cause Fear, you're highly unlikely to come across anything that causes Terror given it's a 1999 point tourney and you already get to re-roll Panic tests. Surely you'd be better off spending the 20 points elsewhere? Just because they don't have the MoS doesn't mean they can't be Slaaneshi.

Because that'd be so unfluffy it's untrue! ;)