Master of Sorcery
Battle Standard Bearer
Great Icon of Despair

The Blue Scribes (81)

The Masque of Slaanesh (90)

Core:
10 Pink Horrors (120)
10 Pink Horrors (120)
15 Daemonettes w/ FC, Siren Standard (235)
6 Furies (72)
6 Furies (72)

Special:
5 flesh hounds (175)

Rare:
5 flamers (175)
5 flamers (175)

I hope itís not to cheesy or Character heavy, thoughts?
2245 for 2250

Should I give the Herald a Disc instead of Wings?
I am buying a Forgeworld Keeper of Secrets so want to make the Ld list
I believe that 2 units of Furies is too much, is 1 even needed?
Yes I am running 2 units of Flamers and Flesh Hounds...no they are not leaving

bob_the_small
18-05-2009, 21:07
It is cheesy and it IS character heavy.....

FunkyRatDemon
19-05-2009, 20:36
It is cheesy and it IS character heavy.....

Any actual, non-'1up posting'?
I've got some of the models already, and really want to use the KoS

Jind_Singh
20-05-2009, 07:53
Yo! I'm a fellow daemon player myself, got around 8000 pts of the buggers now and I can honestly say that the list is a bit on the smelly cheese side! It's the combination of horrors/flamers/hounds thats dirty!
Another thing is I've played this list *usually when I have to play some annoying git who needs to be taught a harsh lesson of life* and it gets REALLY boring after a few games....

You dominate the magic phase so theres no more psych matches about guessing/2nd guessing what the other generals going to do
You kick ass in the combat phase

Overall all once you've played maybe a maximum of about 10 games you'll be plain bored, you'll have mastered the tactics, and really not too many people will actually look forward to taking them on in battle.

Another issue you have is that you've really confused the hell out of your KoS - he's a great combat greater daemon, ultra fast - so hits flanks really hard, and as you're going for the EXTREMEST AND MOST SEXIEST forgeworld version of pure beauty slaaneshi style KoS it's a bloody big model - you won't be able to hide much behind terrain.

I'd say drop the magic levels on the keeper, use the points you save to grab some combat units (Bloodletters, more daemonetters, whichever way you swing), it'll also bulk out your army.

I'd also recomend dropping the blue scribes - one of the most under priced dudes out there, plus you've now taken TWO special characters! The problem is the masque alone is terrible once she's used correctly - the scribes will add the to the haters fire.

If you really like special characters then take Karanack instead - he's not as offensive and it's fun to tear out the throat of his chosen prey!!

The points you save from dropping the level 4 also allows you to get some seekers in to the army list - providing you can find some!

All in all thats pretty much it from my end - have fun!

FunkyRatDemon
20-05-2009, 16:56
Yo! I'm a fellow daemon player myself, got around 8000 pts of the buggers now and I can honestly say that the list is a bit on the smelly cheese side! It's the combination of horrors/flamers/hounds thats dirty!
Another thing is I've played this list *usually when I have to play some annoying git who needs to be taught a harsh lesson of life* and it gets REALLY boring after a few games....

You dominate the magic phase so theres no more psych matches about guessing/2nd guessing what the other generals going to do
You kick ass in the combat phase

Overall all once you've played maybe a maximum of about 10 games you'll be plain bored, you'll have mastered the tactics, and really not too many people will actually look forward to taking them on in battle.

Another issue you have is that you've really confused the hell out of your KoS - he's a great combat greater daemon, ultra fast - so hits flanks really hard, and as you're going for the EXTREMEST AND MOST SEXIEST forgeworld version of pure beauty slaaneshi style KoS it's a bloody big model - you won't be able to hide much behind terrain.

I'd say drop the magic levels on the keeper, use the points you save to grab some combat units (Bloodletters, more daemonetters, whichever way you swing), it'll also bulk out your army.

I'd also recomend dropping the blue scribes - one of the most under priced dudes out there, plus you've now taken TWO special characters! The problem is the masque alone is terrible once she's used correctly - the scribes will add the to the haters fire.

If you really like special characters then take Karanack instead - he's not as offensive and it's fun to tear out the throat of his chosen prey!!

The points you save from dropping the level 4 also allows you to get some seekers in to the army list - providing you can find some!

All in all thats pretty much it from my end - have fun!
Thanks! This is great help
My main opponent is VC (Skellies raise list), and 2x Dragon HE lists, so am not worried about being called a 'power gamer'
My DE is also Magic intensive, I mainly play 40k so really love the Magic Phase is why these lists run so much

I really want a Lv4 KoS if I'm dropping the Blue Scribes, which I can gladly/easily do. If I'm running a FW KoS then I want it to be glorious. Should I alter how its 'armed/gifted'?

I'm not a big fan of Khorne, hence why only 1 unit of Flesh Hounds. So i'm trying to avoid Bloodletters and the ilk. I figured this list differs since it runs Daemonettes instead of 3 Horror units. Should I just bulk it up to 20? or run it as an 18 6x3?

Unfortunatly i have no Seekers and can't convert them... should i just run Chaos Furies instead? I have 10 from 40k which I never use.

Not a Nurgle fan at all

Any other thoughts

fubukii
20-05-2009, 17:34
all in all i like this list.

its not so bad cheese wise, especially if you are playing against vc and dark elves on a regular basis.

id probably give the nettes the stubborn banner so they can become a good anvil.
the flying herald bsb is good and all but i feel he can be killed off easily if he wanders on his own. I like using a khorne herald bsb on jugger with AOK, if i want to go the bsb route. both are good though and tz herald gives you more magic which is nice.

the list is pretty solid, give your Kos the torment blade for +1 attack. The blue scribes may be a little much in a friendly game, but if your going the tournament route go for it.

FunkyRatDemon
23-05-2009, 19:15
all in all i like this list.

its not so bad cheese wise, especially if you are playing against vc and dark elves on a regular basis.

id probably give the nettes the stubborn banner so they can become a good anvil.
the flying herald bsb is good and all but i feel he can be killed off easily if he wanders on his own. I like using a khorne herald bsb on jugger with AOK, if i want to go the bsb route. both are good though and tz herald gives you more magic which is nice.

the list is pretty solid, give your Kos the torment blade for +1 attack. The blue scribes may be a little much in a friendly game, but if your going the tournament route go for it.
Good to know
I was thinking of the Stubborn Banner, but the Charge Banner is also tempting...
I'm not using a Khorne BSB since I want the Magic and never really a big Khorne-fan, and would be worried that I'd want to send him into CC instead of support-character. Flying is also very important for this list I'd believe
The Torment Blade I'm not sure gives +1A, the FAQ Doesn't address that and I know thats up in the air for controversy

Jind_Singh
24-05-2009, 04:20
I like taking the KoS against the VC especially - I give him that 100pt gift that regains wounds back for each wound he causes - and use him as a tarpit.
With a level 4 you should be able to get that amazing spell were he throws back his head and does a 2D6" radius scream - str 2 I belive.
Keep the hounds, incase of the area affect spells (3D6 magic resistance comes in handy), play the daemonettes 6 wide if you can to grab an extra 2 attacks.
Use the extra 10 furies - I use 3 units of 6 as screens.
Now if your playing DE the furies protect your fragile units from being shot to hell. Then you can use them to destroy his warmachines/use to march block his fast moving army.
Against the VC the furies protect you by destroying his direwolves/fellbats and other annoying screen units. Also they can wipe out the horrid meat sheilds - zombies - providing theres not too many in the unit.
The keeper should be more than a match for the vampire characters, I've taken out 3 lord level vampires with mine, so don't worry about that.
Please take the standard of sundering - that -2 to cast is deadly. Granted the stubborn bannor is nice - but pricey! Also you should be aiming to win the combats you want to win so it doesn't do much to have the stubborn leadership.
Besides - sometimes you need units to die at the right time (baiting the other guy for eg) so it works against you now and again.
Whats truely amazing (and follows your liking for slannesh) would be to replace 3 flamers for 3 fiends - those are some of the most overlooked daemons in the book that I just can't live without.
Look at them!

an amazing 20" charge....
4 strength 4 attacks, ws 4
enemy has to roll an extra D6 when fleeing, and discard the highest
armour piecing (so a massive -2 to saves)
3 wounds each with T4

play them 3 to a unit - amazing 12 attacks hitting on 3's against undead, wounding on 3's! They will even take out armoured knights with ease! They are so fast that they will hit flanks.
Against the undead they are amazing - the KoS charges the front - pinning the unit, then the fiends hit the flanks. All of a sudden the enemy loses their rank bonus, your destroying them left and right.
Against the DE the fiends are also amazing as they love eating elves for brekfast!
FIENDS BABY!!!!

metal midget
26-05-2009, 21:26
very strong list

if on the cheesy side only a little in my eye's because......

you are rather magic heavy but do not have the more powerful lores
you play against elves and vamps both high leadership (vamps immune to phscology)
your mainly being more of a magic defense there

your only hard hitter's are the flesh hounds with a little shooting they will be done with

and your flamers are perhaps going on the flank as you only have one unit of hounds which i'm guessing will be going up the middle and the flamers won't realy hurt the more amoured knights before they come to you

you only have one unit to hold the line in the centre the deamonettes if there beat then your lines are broken

however appart from that very strong

i would advise replacing one of your flamer units for another unit of hounds to go on the flank with the others and swap the deamonettes for some plague bearers so you will have a greater deamon two units of flamers the plague bearers and two units of horrors in the middle also instead of a herald of tzentch have a herald of nurgle take out the blue scribes and if you have any spare points try and fit in a herald of tzentch

Malorian
26-05-2009, 21:41
Lord: (670)
Keeper of Secrets
Lv4
Temptator
Sophoric Musk
Siren Song

Heros: (260)
Herald of Tzeentch
Winged Horror
Master of Sorcery
Battle Standard Bearer
Great Icon of Despair

The Blue Scribes (81)

The Masque of Slaanesh (90)

I hope it’s not to cheesy or Character heavy, thoughts?

Lets see... leadership bomb and nearly half your points in characters...

FAIL!

Not only that but you also have two special characters! (The rest of the list isn't to nice either.)

Don't get me wrong, take what ever list you want, but just make sure you can admit when you are powergaming.

FunkyRatDemon
27-05-2009, 00:23
very strong list

if on the cheesy side only a little in my eye's because......

you are rather magic heavy but do not have the more powerful lores
you play against elves and vamps both high leadership (vamps immune to phscology)
your mainly being more of a magic defense there

your only hard hitter's are the flesh hounds with a little shooting they will be done with

and your flamers are perhaps going on the flank as you only have one unit of hounds which i'm guessing will be going up the middle and the flamers won't realy hurt the more amoured knights before they come to you

you only have one unit to hold the line in the centre the deamonettes if there beat then your lines are broken

however appart from that very strong

i would advise replacing one of your flamer units for another unit of hounds to go on the flank with the others and swap the deamonettes for some plague bearers so you will have a greater deamon two units of flamers the plague bearers and two units of horrors in the middle also instead of a herald of tzentch have a herald of nurgle take out the blue scribes and if you have any spare points try and fit in a herald of tzentch
Yeah I realized alot of that too. Daemonettes are great vs Skellies so I might just have to save them. Plaguebearers I'm not sure are strong enough or fit the list well

Lets see... leadership bomb and nearly half your points in characters...

FAIL!

Not only that but you also have two special characters! (The rest of the list isn't to nice either.)

Don't get me wrong, take what ever list you want, but just make sure you can admit when you are powergaming.
I'm already removing the Blue Scribes
I have no problem with Power Gaming, I'm just trying to make this list a cut under that level