PDA

View Full Version : Calvary, can they march move?

SrgReefer
19-05-2009, 07:01
My local gaming group ran into a problem the other day when one of our plays tryed to march move his silver helms. We did what any good rules based gamers would do and looked it up in the big book but would couldn't find anything that said you could or could not march move calvary. So our question is, can we?

Please help!

Tarliyn
19-05-2009, 07:14
My local gaming group ran into a problem the other day when one of our plays tryed to march move his silver helms. We did what any good rules based gamers would do and looked it up in the big book but would couldn't find anything that said you could or could not march move calvary. So our question is, can we?

Please help!

they can, it is under the movement rules, everything can march move unless noted otherwise (chariots) or marchblocked

Ultimate Life Form
19-05-2009, 07:24
I don't know why exactly cavalry wouldn't be allowed to march if everything else is.

It is important to keep in mind however that undead troops in general may not march except for the exceptions given in their respective army books.

SrgReefer
19-05-2009, 07:28
I don't know why exactly cavalry wouldn't be allowed to march if everything else is.

It is important to keep in mind however that undead troops in general may not march except for the exceptions given in their respective army books.

i know that much, unless there is a vamp anywhere near the unit in question, just we had a big debate on it and it didn't say anywhere in the book they could. That could also be the way we where reading it.

Thanks for the fast replys on this subject.

TheDarkDaff
19-05-2009, 09:07
You can add Warmachines to the list of things that can't march too.

Griefbringer
19-05-2009, 09:16
I always considered Calvary to be a bit slow when it comes to moving:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvary

However, there is nothing in the rules that prevents it from making march moves.

Necromancy Black
19-05-2009, 09:54
Says no where at all that infrantry can march move.

It only says "troops", which isn't a definition within the warhammer rule set, and "units", which is a definition in the rule set, which covers every bloody model you put on the table and move around.

semersonp
19-05-2009, 13:46
griefbringer... ha.