PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pts stegzilla

artyboy
19-05-2009, 14:21
How's this for a stegzilla list? I figure that 2 Engines is a must without a slann on the table. I could shave a few points off by taking normal skinks but then I'd be too tempted to start adding things like kroxigors and command. The terradons were a bit of an afterthought. I couldn't think of anything that would be a better fit for the points. I suppose I could take another skink priest for a bit more oomph in the magic phase, instead.

380 Skink Warchief w/ stegadon warspear on Ancient Stegadon

415 Engine of the Gods - Level 2 priest, Diadem of Power

430 Engine of the Gods - Level 2 priest, Plaque of Tepok, Dispel Scroll

70 10 Skink Skirmishers w/ blowpipes

235 Stegadon

235 Stegadon

90 Terradons x3

Gaargod
19-05-2009, 16:23
That's a lot of stegs for 2k...

I assume you don'y like your friends, because if you use that list a lot, you're not gonna have any. For being horrible cheesy death, it work very well however.

artyboy
19-05-2009, 20:22
Some of my friends actually prefer playing horrible cheesy death armies in friendly games because they play in tournaments. It gives them a chance to learn what to expect in case they ever run into them when it counts. So this army could work pretty well?

I'd like to try to fit in 6 of them but then most of the punch that I'd get in the magic phase would disappear and I'd have to take mostly normal stegs. It just doesn't seem as nasty to me. It would look something like this:

340 Skink Warchief w/ stegadon warspear on Ancient Stegadon

150 Level 2 priest - 2 dispel scrolls

300 Skink Warchief w/ Venom of the Firefly Frog on Stegadon

127 10 Skinks w/ full command + kroxigor

235 Stegadon

235 Stegadon

235 Stegadon

235 Stegadon

corum_jhaelen_irsei
19-05-2009, 23:39
I like the look of the army, very cool with all those stegs on the field. I will admit to wanting to do something similar myself but with slightly more range of different dinos just for the asthetic sake. That and it tends to have slightly less cries of OMFGCHEESEWIZINDINOFORM!!!1!!!

artyboy
20-05-2009, 00:25
An old blood on a carnasaur, a few salamanders, some terradons and a few stegadons is another option that I've thought about. To be honest that's probably what I'll be playing any time I decide not to take a slann. Something like this is what I have in mind:

466 Old Blood - Carnasaur, Blade of Realities, Carnasaur Pendant, Light Armor, Shield

440 Skink Priest - Level 2, Engine of the Gods, Diadem of Power

430 Skink Priest - Level 2, Engine of the Gods, Dispel Scroll, Plaque of Tepok

380 Skink Warchief - Stegadon Warspear, Ancient Stegadon

70 skink skirmishers x10

70 skink skirmishers x10

70 skink skirmishers x10

90 Tarradons x3