PDA

View Full Version : WoC named character sizes question

jaxom
20-05-2009, 02:42
I have already been pointed to the fine French base-size FAQ and find incredibly valuable. Sadly, it does not seem to include named characters.

Is there a source or concensus regarding the size of WoC characters Sigvald, Valkia, Festus and Wulfric?

Necromancy Black
20-05-2009, 02:52
I have already been pointed to the fine French base-size FAQ and find incredibly valuable. Sadly, it does not seem to include named characters.

Is there a source or concensus regarding the size of WoC characters Sigvald, Valkia, Festus and Wulfric?

Sigvald you can buy and comes with the 25mm base. Wulfric and Valkia would both go on the same base size.

jaxom
20-05-2009, 03:02
That's what I figured as well but someone was calling Valkia a demon and suggesting a 50mm base on another forum so I figured I would check.

Necromancy Black
20-05-2009, 03:07
No, her description makes her sound like she was a Bloodthirster but she's not, he's just a crazy chick with some wings.

I've heard rumors of her getting a model something, so we'll see what she gets.

Urgat
20-05-2009, 07:24

They're included in the characters of the same type, so:
personnage pied = character on foot -> 25x25 (Festus, Sigvald, Wulfy).
Valkya, yeah, I agree with Necromancy Black, nothing says she's a demon prince or anything. Of course, it just means GW has forgotten to add the line "demon prince", since her profile clearly tells that she's a DP special character, but heh. That will probably be FAQed.
And then, some day, maybe GW will see the light, and include base sizes, unit strenghts and troops kind in the unit profiles.
No, in fact, maybe not, that'd be to simple to do and handy, they won't do that, they prefer to release charts later and then say that if you don't want to you're not absolutly forced to use it.

Avian
20-05-2009, 08:36
Valkya, yeah, I agree with Necromancy Black, nothing says she's a demon prince or anything. Of course, it just means GW has forgotten to add the line "demon prince", since her profile clearly tells that she's a DP special character, but heh. That will probably be FAQed.
No, her profile clearly tells that she is a Chaos Lord (Lady) and they go on 25 mm bases if they aren't riding something.

changer of fate
20-05-2009, 11:25
look, all of this comes down to common sense

jaxom
20-05-2009, 15:30
look, all of this comes down to common sense

:eek:

While I agree with that statement, when was the last time you found a group of gamers (or worse, rules lawyers) who had common sense? I mean... I see arguments about the difference between the words "the" and "a" in GW rules when everyone knows that they were lucky to have gotten legible rules in the first place.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. :)

Necromancy Black
20-05-2009, 22:04
:eek:

While I agree with that statement, when was the last time you found a group of gamers (or worse, rules lawyers) who had common sense? I mean... I see arguments about the difference between the words "the" and "a" in GW rules when everyone knows that they were lucky to have gotten legible rules in the first place.

When was the last time you didn't have a group people think the common sense approach resulted in a different outcome?