PDA

View Full Version : Contemplating a Dark Elf army.

Memnos
20-05-2009, 14:02
So I'm considering doing a Dark Elf army, but I'd like some input in to a few things I'd like to try:

1) I was looking at combining Shades with the Cauldron of Blood. Two cauldrons, 2 units of 15 Shades - I can spend the first two turns giving Killing Blow to the 15 Shades. 60 Killing Blow, BS 5 shots ought to put a dent in to some heavy units.

2) I'd like to have the skirmishing Shades standing in front of units of Witch Elves. The Shades will then flee through the Witch Elves, who are immune to psychology, and allow a countercharge. I'm considering using Crone Hellebron to allow them to count as Core units.

Besides those two things, I'm open for suggestions. What would be a good on 2000 points to back those up? I have about 500 points more to spend and one hero slot.

PeeKay
20-05-2009, 14:55
You could go for a Khainite themed army. Throw in some Assassins and Executioners. If I remember correctly every Khainite unit within 12" of the cauldron gets Stubborn

CaliforniaGamer
20-05-2009, 15:03
interesting, does the KB from the Cauldron ability apply to ranged weapons? I dont have the wording in front of me.

Memnos
20-05-2009, 15:07
CURSES! I just reread the rule. It says they gain Killing Blow in close combat. A pox on thee and thy golden ass!

fubukii
20-05-2009, 17:28
not that isnt good, 15 models with str 5 ws5 hatred attacks with killing blow? lol id say thats fairly solid.

But yea you can totally do a cool khainite themed dark elf list. If your looking to win take black guard over exes, but in a fun list keep the exes :)