PDA

View Full Version : WoC 2000pts- NEED Help choosing another unit!

Colonel Cleric
20-05-2009, 21:39
Ok, heres my list so far, ive taken out some marauders and what-not and id like something different in the army. Im thinking Forsaken but i dont know if they are any good in games a unit of 10 is what i would add.
Ive got 178pts to fill and also thought about Scyla (the spawn thing) or just spawn/chosen/ogres. Can anyone suggest what unit would work with the army i currently am using?

Thanks guys and gals,

CC :chrome:

-----------------------------------------

Lords 1/1:= -pts

Kholek Suneater -= -pts

Heroes 2/3 := -pts

Chaos sorcerer -, Dispel Scroll x2 -= -pts

Exalted Hero -, Steed -, Ench Shield -, Rending Sword -, MoS -, FotG -= -pts

Core 5/3+:=-pts

Marauders x15 -, Great Weapons x15 -, Standard -, Chieftain -, MoS - = -pts

Marauders x15 -, Great Weapons x15 -, Standard -, Chieftain -, MoS - = -pts

Chaos Warriors x20 -, Shield x20 -, Champion -, Standard -, MoS -, Rage Banner -= -pts (Exalted hero goes here)

Marauder Horsemen x5 -, Flails x5 -, MoS -= -pts

Marauder Horsemen x5 -, Flails x5 -, MoS -= -pts

Rare 1/2: =-pts

Chaos Warshrine -, MoS -= -pts

Total:=1822/2000pts

Fall from grace
02-06-2009, 19:55
If you can drop a few points. I'd say a Hellcannon to force them forwards

Seal Cub
02-06-2009, 20:43
I say beef up your marauders to at least 20 or preferably 30 guys strong! Also, loose the greatweapons and give them shields to give them a good save in CC. Great Weapons are, in my opinion, only useful in a flanking unit of 10 men.

Also, consider hounds to screen your army from missiles in the first turn.

untimention
02-06-2009, 21:23
agreed add marauders and drop great weapons.

Very different taking Kholek Suneater... any particular reason as i see no theme?

warhounds are cheap and can be good for missle troops and weapons.

Eta
03-06-2009, 09:01
Add musicians to your units. You will miss them.

Kerill
03-06-2009, 09:29
I'm not convinced by a warshrine when there are no chosen in the list. The warrior block might be a little too big as well.

Also you don't have much to support Kholek, knights or monstrous infantry would be a good choice, he can't break units on his own and can't even flank very well if he is the only fast thing in the list.

Althwen
03-06-2009, 09:30
Drop a couple of Warriors... I always field them 12 strong. 6 wide, 2 deep. They're too expensive to go for static combat resolution and truth be told, they don't need it. Only the most elite of the elite can chew through a unit of warriors. Plus it will open up some points.

And as said before: I'd thorw in a couple of hounds. I field 3 units of 5 nowadays. They're fun to charge skirmishers, bolt throwers or fast cavalry with and they cost almost nothing. It'll give you some control, which you will need. As by the looks of this army, you will probably be outmaneuvred by almost every army.

Oh, and if you can spare the points, mount your sorcerer on a barded steed. I always like the looks of people when they hear your wizard has a 2+save.

Nightsword
03-06-2009, 13:35
I think you've been attracted by the big shiny thing in the list, and he is a beast, but to cannons and other war machines, you could be in trouble. He will be a fire magnet, and once he's gone, you can be taken apart piecemeal. He's a real pointsink at this level.

Basically, you could really use a unit of knights in this list as backup and a hammer. By dropping eight warriors, you should be able to get a unit of five with a banner. Mark them nurgle and give them the Banner of rage if you can.

If it were me, I'd drop a unit of marauders and bring the other unit to 18 with flail and the MoK, ran 6x3. 12S5 attacks in the first turn is very cool. Drop the warriors to 12 with halberd and shield. Give both units a full command. MoS I don't think is necessary, but's that's up to you. I'd also give both horsemen units musicians, and get a unit of warhounds or 2 to screen you're infantry. You should have enough points for the knights then too. This list then relies on the integration and support of each other, whilst the warshrine bolsters your troops and the hounds screen your advance. It's what I'd do anyway.

Death Korp
03-06-2009, 13:43
I'd take out the warriors, and replace them with a smaller unit of chosen, and get another MoS Warshrine. Give the unit champ of the chosen favour of the gods and the standard the blasted standard. This will give you a rock solid unit which can take out almost everything.

To make points for the warshrine, drop one unit of marauder horsemen and the remaining points can be used for some much needed warhounds for this force.

DK

martinmshine
03-06-2009, 15:04
get some hounds as they can hold up a dangerous unit for 2 or 3 turns

Colonel Cleric
06-06-2009, 10:23
This is what i have been using more recently, the forsaken are a lot of points and they can be hit or miss, the ogres hold up quite a bit, im tempted to take out the forsaken, add another unit of 3 ogres with the same set up.

The warrior unit is nice, they get frenzy for the whole game as well as a 6+ ward save from MoT, still tempted to drop the unit size to around 14 with a hero (unit size 18 in total, 3 ranks of 6).

I also have a dragon on the way and have made a list to include him.

- CC

Lord-

Vilitch

Heroes-

Sorcerer, lvl 2, puppet, MoT

Sorcerer, lvl 2, power familiar, MoT, steed, Dispell Scroll

Exalted Hero, Steed, Talisman of protection, MoT, shield

Core-

Chaos Warriors x20, shields x20, champion, standard, MoT, Banner of Rage

Marauder Horsemen x5, flails x5, MoS

Marauder Horsemen x5, flails x5, MoS

Marauders x15, flails x15, Standard, Chieftain, MoK

Special-

Chaos Ogres x3, extra hand weapons x3, MoS

Forsaken x10

Rare-

Scyla Anfingrimm

------------------------------------------------------

Nightsword
07-06-2009, 00:21
You're still missing several of what can be considered the "compulsory" chaos army choices, namely the warhounds and knights, though of course it's all personal preference.

Tha forsaken may be quick, but chosen are more efficient and more heavily armoured. They are a lot harder to shoot down than a unit of Forsaken.

Again, make sure you're marauder horsemen have musicians!

Also, what do you consider the exalted hero's role to be in this army?

Colonel Cleric
07-06-2009, 00:33
You're still missing several of what can be considered the "compulsory" chaos army choices, namely the warhounds and knights, though of course it's all personal preference.

I had hounds, it took 2 wounds and they leg it (due to my inability to pass LD tests)

I also thought the knights were terribly overpriced and in a unit of 5 i couldnt see them doing much, may have to look into getting some i guess.

Tha forsaken may be quick, but chosen are more efficient and more heavily armoured. They are a lot harder to shoot down than a unit of Forsaken.

Ive used the forsaken twice now, both times they were pretty poor so i dont think i will be using them again (i love the models though!).

Reason i left chosen out was the fact i could just throw in a warshrine which gave the same affect on the unit of warriors (cheaper in ), rather than buying a decent sized unit of chosen.

Again, make sure you're marauder horsemen have musicians!

I'll give them these again, MoS stops them from panic from shooting though, and in combat they tend to die rather than forced to flee.

Also, what do you consider the exalted hero's role to be in this army?

He looks scary/awesome and packs a punch (suggestion to use him elswhere?)

Thanks for the feedback,

CC :chrome:

untimention
16-06-2009, 07:26
I used my WOC last night against dwarfs and i must say against something that can shoot warhounds are very week and leg it but you need something to take some of the hits.

Knights well.... i was using 3 units of 5 and i must say they shot shot to pieces, 2+ armour save and i had a blasted in 1 unit and it didnt help at all.... bolt throwers chewed me to pieces.... no armour save so its a 5+ only for a knight... i'm thinking maybe the standard + MOT for that unit.

WOC works well but it depends who you play, thats what i learnt last night.

If you are facing someone who is fire heavy i suggest disc's and a prince (i know what you're all thinking) but he can fly and does have strength... just pants at staying alive (still cant work out why he doesnt have a normal armour save as well) and a 5+ ward only is a joke, however these can take down the big guns quickly....

but this is only my opinion