PDA

View Full Version : 2200 points of dwarfs.

louwie616
21-05-2009, 18:08
my first dwarf army list ever.

wel its just fore fun and i like to paint them.

lord (ironbreakers)
oath stone
shield bearers
rune of stone
rune of resistance
master rune of skalf blackhammer
rune of speed
rune of presevation 325

thane (longbeards)
oath stone
master runeof gromgril
rune of resistance
master rune of swiftnes
great weapen 160

dragon slayer (slayers)
master rune of alaric the mad
rune of cleaving
rune of speed 125

dragon slayer (slayers)
master rune of krag the grim
rune of cleaving
rune of cleaving 110

core

10 thunders 140

10 thunders 140

20 longbeards
great weapens
musicn
standard
veteran
ancestor rune 295

special

20 ironbreakers
mucican
standard
iron beard
rune of coverage
ancestor rune
ancestor rune 340

10 giant slayers
musican
standard 278

10 giant slayers
musican
standard 278

totaal 2197

C & C welcome

Lander
21-05-2009, 19:46
my first dwarf army list ever.

wel its just fore fun and i like to paint them.

lord (ironbreakers)
oath stone
shield bearers
rune of stone
rune of resistance
master rune of skalf blackhammer
rune of speed
rune of presevation 325

thane (longbeards)
oath stone
master runeof gromgril
rune of resistance
master rune of swiftnes
great weapen 160

dragon slayer (slayers)
master rune of alaric the mad
rune of cleaving
rune of speed 125

dragon slayer (slayers)
master rune of krag the grim
rune of cleaving
rune of cleaving 110

core

10 thunders 140

10 thunders 140

20 longbeards
great weapens
musicn
standard
veteran
ancestor rune 295

special

20 ironbreakers
mucican
standard
iron beard
rune of coverage
ancestor rune
ancestor rune 340

10 giant slayers
musican
standard 278

10 giant slayers
musican
standard 278

totaal 2197

C & C welcome

I don't have my book on hand, so I'll throw out some general tips.

Giant Slayers only have 1 wound and are pricey for the extra attack 20 Trollslayers with a Dragon Slayer is a better set.

Swap that other Dragon Slayer with a Runesmith at 2200pts you'll need some Magic Defense a Spelleater Rune and a Spellbreaker Rune would be a good pick.

The Ironbreakers are a good pick as are the Longbeards, not sure if you should use all those Ancestor Runes is a good selection though, and I'd give the Thane a Battle Standard.

I'll post more tips when I get my book.

Cheers,

louwie616
22-05-2009, 06:24
thnx lander,

the reasen i got so many slayers is because i love the models and when i need to paint a army in 25 days i realy like expensive models.
so thats wy i put it in but if time allowes i wil try topaint some extra,s.

Lander
22-05-2009, 12:59
Yeah, Fielding 2 Units of 20 Slayers would be awesome. You may think about adding a war machine or 2 to the list.

dragonlancr
22-05-2009, 17:42
Why do you pay points for a great weapon on your Thane? Remember, if you create a runic weapon, then you can use it. If you take a great weapon, you can use that. Only through the rune of Kragg the Grim can a two-hander retain it's abilities and still be made runic.

If you are hoping to strike first with your two hander WITHOUT the 'Kragg the Grim' rune, you are in error. This is a mistake I made. :)

louwie616
22-05-2009, 21:46
thats too bad damn.

TonyFlow
23-05-2009, 14:53
I would drop one unit of slayers (making the other 20 ordinary slayers) and get two bolt throwers with engineers and a few runes and an organ gun.

No need for Rune of Preservation for the lord, he is already immune to KB with the shieldbearers (unit strength 3). For runic setup i would go Rune of Resistance, Rune of Stone, Rune of Fury, Rune of Snorri Spangelhelm and Master Rune of Kragg the Grim... A little cheaper and a bit more effective i think, S6 will be able to hurt most things. Otherwise switch in the Rune of Might instead of Fury or Snorri, and you will effectively be wounding everything on a 2+.
General cannot have both Oath Stone and shieldbearers.

You are going to need a BSB, so make your thane one. Keep the Master Rune of Gromril to keep him safe, other than that you can chose to make him hitty or more tough.

As moentioned... you will need more magic protection than the 4 base DD, consider switching a slayer with a Runesmith. Give him a couple of dispel runes and you are set.

The slayer characters are really easy to kill... So keep them cheap!

Consider shields on your thunderers.

This is all of course suggestions... Good luck!

dragonlancr
23-05-2009, 15:23
The thing people tend to forget with Dwarves is that they are tough. They hold up well in combat.

It's already been discussed on this board somewhere else, but Dwarf warriors at 8(9 with shield) points per model is the best value of core foot troop in the game.

I had 10 Warriors hold a charge and maintain combat with a unit of 20 black orcs once.

The way to win with dwarves is to keep the point cost low as possible on your characters and fill the board with core troops.

My "winningest" list (if that's even a word) is a Lord with two 20man units of Longbears and a unit of 20 warriors.

Good luck

AFoolProofPlan
24-05-2009, 08:48
I'd say go as far as 25 man units of Warriors. And maybe even Longbeards if you have enough points.
With 25 they'll almost always go into combat with 3 rank bonus.
It's hard to kill them stunties. Let alone 6 of them from shooting to take away any rank bonus.

louwie616
24-05-2009, 09:30
thnx pepoele gone make a new list and see what happends.