PDA

View Full Version : Revised magic lists? Optional or not

fubukii
26-12-2005, 02:51
I was just wondering if the new updated lores specifically for heavens are optional are not, someone mentioned that they were used at the GTS, so i was wondering where i could find this info. Thanks in advance Marry xmas btw >.<

Flame
26-12-2005, 08:21
http://uk.games-workshop.com/chronicles/magic/1/

This is what you are after.

These are used at all gw, wps and ds tournaments now (uk ones at least) , and are as good as official, so you may as well use them.

Griefbringer
26-12-2005, 11:14
AFAIK they are still listed as Trial rules in Chronicles 2004, though a lot of tournaments tend to use them.

Talk with your opponents.

Atrahasis
26-12-2005, 14:51
AFAIK they are still listed as Trial rules in Chronicles 2004, though a lot of tournaments tend to use them.

The UK Annual 2004 (we didn't get the Chronicles) lists them as official.

The Chronicles does, however, list them as trial.

Griefbringer
26-12-2005, 15:47
Ah, now that you mention it Atharasis, I remember that Chronicles/Annual controversy. So the officialness is apparently supposed to depend on where one is living.

I presume that in Germany and Spain they have their own versions of those lists that are only official in those countries, too.

Festus
26-12-2005, 16:03
Hi

In Germany, the lists are optional, as published in the German 2004 Chronicles.

Greetings
Festus

Gorbad Ironclaw
26-12-2005, 16:33
Actually, I think they are supposed to be optional in the UK too. As I seem to remember GW coming out and saying that despite them being printed in the Annual, they were still optional...

Of course, it seems that virtually everybody have been using them since they were published, but they are, as far as I know, technically still optional.

Griefbringer
26-12-2005, 17:08
Actually, I think they are supposed to be optional in the UK too. As I seem to remember GW coming out and saying that despite them being printed in the Annual, they were still optional...

Actually (at least with the 2004 issue), being printed or not in the Annual/Chronicles does not define the officiality of the list - it is the label "Official" or "Trial" next to that entry that matters.

Speaking of the 2004 thing, I remember the UK version having also some other differences, like totally lacking the big lizard list (I guess this means that you cannot use it in UK even upon opponent's permission :cool: ).

ZomboCom
26-12-2005, 17:28
While they're still considered unofficial, most tournaments are using them, and that's good enough for me.

Gorog Irongut
26-12-2005, 18:56
Gav came out saying (can't remember where) that they are unofficial as GW can't expect someone to have to pay to get rules that were supposed to have come with the brb. On the otherside of it, any activity sponsored or in a GW store will be using those as the official rules. So at home=unofficial, at GW=official.

namarie
28-12-2005, 13:20
Ah, now that you mention it Atharasis, I remember that Chronicles/Annual controversy. So the officialness is apparently supposed to depend on where one is living.

I presume that in Germany and Spain they have their own versions of those lists that are only official in those countries, too.

No, in Spain those lists are still "unofficial" (or trial rules) appeared on some-like-the-Annual.

But we (gamers group) do use them always, and are far best than "official" ones, IMHO.

.-: Namarie :-.