PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Gnoblar based list.

Time of Madness
22-05-2009, 02:46
Basic idea here was to create a gnoblar heavy list focusing on the devestating scraplaunchers. Will this type of list work on the battlefield?

CHARACTERS

Tyrant
- Tenderiser
- Wyrdstone necklace
- heavy armour + luck gnoblar
= 281pts

Butcher #1
- Hellheart
= 180pts

Butcher #2
- Dispel Scroll
- Dispel Scroll
= 180pts

CORE

4 Bulls
- Standard
- Extra Hand weapons
- Lookout gnoblar
= 181pts

4 Bulls
- Standard
- Extra Hand weapons
- Lookout gnoblar
= 181pts

4 Bulls
- Standard
- Extra Hand weapons
- Lookout gnoblar
= 181pts

20 Gnoblars
= 40pts

20 Gnoblars
= 40pts

20 Gnoblars
= 40pts

8 Trappers
= 48pts

SPECIAL

Scraplauncher
= 165pts

Scraplauncher
= 165pts

Scraplauncher
= 165pts

RARE

Gorger
= 75pts

Gorger
= 75pts

TOTAL POINTS = 1997pts

I'm hoping each bull unit can be supported by a unit of gnoblars and a scraplauncher. I debated going butcherless, but I think the butchers magic defence is rather essential with such a fragile army. Anyone have some ways to make this a bit better?

Will it work as is?

Time of Madness

Ax'ataxa
22-05-2009, 03:44
i like it, it's got something ogres don't normally have, combat res, and numbers. I'd say it's a fairly balanced list with a lot of potential! :)

Mercules
22-05-2009, 04:25
One thing to be aware of(as I have used multiple Scraplaunchers before), they have absolutely crappy Leadership. They can't join units so they need to hang out near the general which really limits where you can deploy them.

Otherwise what happens is a nearby unit ends up destroyed or breaking from combat and the Scraplauncher runs with them. If it runs through your lines god help you.

I made the mistake of having several of them near each other. I then raced my Tyrant away from them, not thinking about the fact I would be out of LD range. Sure enough my opponent took advantage of it by killing one with a Cannon shot(still a chariot so insta-gibs from a S7+ hit). This panicked the other two who BOTH ran through several other units dealing Impact hits the whole way. I lost a good chunk of troops from that simple oversight.

Time of Madness
22-05-2009, 17:16
Thanks for the comments gents.
Time of Madness