PDA

View Full Version : 1999pts tourny list Vampire Counts Cheesy??

Kodamas
22-05-2009, 13:16
Hi folks,

I have a tourny coming up soon it is based on 1999pts and after trying my hand at O&G (And my general running away far too often) I have settled on the following list. I would like your guys thoughts on the list.

Characters

1 Vampire @ 195 Pts - Sits in the Skeleton regiment.
General; Magic Level 2;
The Arkayne: Dark Acolyte
The Master: Lord of the Dead
Black Periapt
Nightshroud
Sword of Might

1 Vampire @ 300 Pts - Sits with Blood Knights
Battle Standard Bearer; Magic Level 1; Lance; Heavy armour;Shield
The Martialle: Dread Knight
The Drakenhof Banner
The Bestialle: Infinite Hatred

1 Necromancer @ 190 Pts
Magic Level 1: Knows Van hels ;Book of Arkhan
mounted on a Corpse Cart with Balefire

Core

19 Skeleton Warriors @ 216 Pts
Spear; Light Armour; Shield; Full Command
Banner of the Dead Legion

20 Zombies @ 92 Pts
Standard; Musician

10 Dire Wolves @ 90 Pts w/ Doom wolf

6 Dire Wolves @ 58 Pts w/ Doom Wolf

Special

20 Grave Guard @ 335 Pts
Great Weapon; Heavy Armour; full command
Banner of the Barrows

Rare

5 Blood Knights @ 400 Pts
Barding; Frenzy; Lance; Heavy Armour; Shield; Full Command
The Flag of Blood Keep

Now I know that this last unit is going to be shouted at as cheese and to be honest I wasn't even going to run Blood knights until I got offered them cheeply. These guys took wiped out 19 Chaos Knights in last nights game, Running down the enemys BSB and heroes.

Basic tactics. Keep infantry in the middle, Flanked by the big unit of Wolves and one of the smaller ones on one side and 2 other units with the Blood Knights on the other side. use the zombies to tarpit. Skellies as a bunker just behind the lines, GG to push forward and charge anything that gets too close.

The "Beefcake" knights will only be charging in on their terms. Hopefully. I'll be using the Wolves to redirect and keep the knights from any silly frenzy moments.

Last night I rolled Danse Macabre for one of my Vampires as well as the 2 for the necro. so had units bouncing around everywhere.

Now let me know your views.

Boon
22-05-2009, 15:37
....Why would someone cry cheese at a unit of 5 Blood Knights?

You don't have enough core for a 2,000 point list. Dire Wolves do not count towards the minimum. You are missing a lord option, which is fine if you're cool with it, but I would imagine that would handicap you quite a bit...

Crube
22-05-2009, 15:41
I think this is a 1999 point list, not a 2K one? Specifically so you dont get the lord choice.

I think the cries of :cheese: would be more directed at the units of Dire Wolves in conjuntcion with, rather than at the Blood Knights... Personally I think it's a viable tactic and have no problem with it.

Personally I would reduce the 10 DW to 6, lose the Doom Wolves and try and squeeze a few Ghouls, or more Zombies, to get your Core count up a little

ArghaBlargh
22-05-2009, 18:52
Drop the totally sucky Doom Wolves.

Shipmonkey
22-05-2009, 22:03
As pointed out before, if it only a 1999pt list you can't have your Lord. If it's a one point short 2000pt list, you need another Core choice.

selone
22-05-2009, 23:03
It is a 1999 list and he doesn't have a lord.

Kodamas
23-05-2009, 16:08
Yep 1999pts 3 heroes, 2 core, 3 special and 1 rare.

Which is all good. Although where do you get a vamp on a horse with a standard? Not anywhere from GW that is for sure.

fubukii
23-05-2009, 17:40
id drop the necro for another vampire, drop all the doom wolves for another blood knight.

Jeloomber
23-05-2009, 20:38
the list seems kinda ok. like everyone said i'd drop the doom wolves for another blood night.

i'd also lose the great weapons on the grave gaurd cos heavy armour, hand weapon and sheild
will give them a better armour save.

oh and the best way to get the mounted vamp with standard is to do a conversion on
a mounted vamp wih lance.

Horus0001
24-05-2009, 17:59
Hrm your locations Fife, Scotland..I wonder if we are going to the same tournament, ill be keeping my eyes peeled for a similar list!

Kodamas
24-05-2009, 19:18
No no Horus I'm going down south for a tourny honest...

selone
24-05-2009, 21:54
Speaking of which you have a pM !

ogresrdabest
25-05-2009, 08:07
if u want a really cheesy list for vamp counts just use this one it killz everything lol. (2000pts).

vamp lord- skull staff
helm of command
mast of black arts
acolyte
+1 level
3 vampires- master of black arts
1 with book of arkhan
1 with black periapt
1 with staff pf damnation 540pts for all 3

40 zombies 160pts

20 zombies 80pts

10 skeletons- full command 100pts

2- cairn wraiths with tomb banshee 350pts

3 corpcarts 1 with unholy loadstone 300pts
2 with balefire

put all the vampire in the skeletons and set 40 zombies 20 wide diagonally along your deployment zoe so the cant be flanked then put the rest of your army behind them, then u sit there raising loads of zombies creating a meatgrinder lol then ur banshees behind the zombies scream the enemy in combat with the zombies if u zombies die the zombies behind walk forward (5 wide) u then cast vanhels danse macabre so they go 20 wide and then raise zombies like you have never raised be4, every invocation u cast creates d6+5zombies, the zombies wont do anything but the cairn wraiths will kill ur enemy slowly and they are always ws 7 coz of helm of command, this list wont let u down its awesome. yaaaaay for horribly broken vampires!!!! (you get 18 power dice so cast invocation 3 times on 2 dice and with your lord 9 times on 1 dice you then have 3 dice for 3 single dice casts- thats 15 casts of invocation of nehek)

tell me wot u think

Crube
25-05-2009, 10:04
Very nice ogresrdabest, but if you have read the thread, this is a 1999 point list, so no lords...

If you're after feedback for your own list, please start a new thread, and leave this one to discuss the OPs list

Crube
The Warseer Inquisition

mossel
25-05-2009, 10:41
I think you have an incredible lack of power dice! Don't expect to have much spells passing your opponent's magical defence (you have only 6 power dice and 2 bound spells...), as most opponents will bring 3-5 dispel dice and at least 2 Dispel Scrolls (I have 5 DD and 2 scrolls when I play 1999 pts with my wood elves). You will probably cast one, maybe 2 spells that actually get through...

Apart from your magic phase, I think you have a decent list. It ain't cheese, but it can take a beating and give one back.

I think people will usually ignore the grave guard, until the end of the battle, and then take them on with what's left of their army. The unit skellies will take one hell of a pounding, as it contains your general. the wolves won't be too hard do destroy and the blood knights can easily be march blocked and/or redirected...