PDA

View Full Version : 2250 O+G for tourny, need help

samick
22-05-2009, 20:08
Well I've got a tournament coming up and I want to bring the pain with my orcs and goblins, so here is what I have thought up:

Lord:

Grimgor Ironhide: 375

Heroes:

Black orc bigboss: 180
(BSB, boar, HA, Mork's Spirit totem)

Orc Shaman: 150
(Lvl 2, x2 dispel scrolls)

Night Goblin Shaman: 135
(Staff of Sneaky Stealin')

Core:

x23 Orc Boyz: 168 <BSB here>
(Shields, FC)

x20 Savage Orc Boy Big 'Uns: 335
(extra choppa, FC, Banner of Butchery)

x21 Night Goblins: 142
(x3 fanatics, musician)

x5 spider riders: 71
(musician)

x5 wolf riders: 71
(spears, musician)

Special:

x20 Black Orcs: 318 <Grimgor here>
(shields, FC)

x2 Spear Chukkas: 70

x1 Orc Boar Chariot: 85
(Extra Crew)

Rare:

x1 Doom Diver: 80

Total: 2250

It's not exactly "hordey" for an O+G list, but I still have 4 blocks of 20+ troops. With One block housing my dispel dice generator, one block with massive killing power, and one block of immune to animosity goodness I feel like my opponent will have a tough time deciding what to shoot/magic at while I advance. Against most armies, my 8 dispel dice and 2 dispel scrolls will be enough to shut their magic down. It is a rather foot-slogger heavy army but with a well placed waaagh! I'll be in their lines in no time. With the spiders guarding my war machines and my wolves out hunting my opponents, I plan for at least one of my 5 warmachines to hit its target each turn.

So what do you guys think? Please tear this list apart as I want to do as good as possible at this tourny.

rtunian
22-05-2009, 20:56
with only 5 pd and no bound spells, imo you are better off just taking 2 lv.1 ng shams for your scroll caddy and stealin staff. i would trade out savage champion to make it 21 instead of 20.

if you did demote the orc sham to an ng lv1, and cut the blorc champ, and the chariot extra crew, you could add a river troll, which would really be welcome.

samick
23-05-2009, 00:08
Hmmm, adding a single troll is something I didn't really think about. But sadly, I just got schooled by the fine gentlemen here at warseer in the ways of the savage orc boyz and learned that they cannot carry a standard. This changes they whole way I want my army to function. I have come up with a revised version, granting me a unit that I believe will serve as a good hammer for the army in place of the foot slogging savages.

Lord:

Grimgor Ironhide: 375

Heroes:

Black orc bigboss: 180
(BSB, boar, HA, Mork's Spirit totem)

Orc Shaman: 150
(Lvl 2, x2 dispel scrolls)

Night Goblin Shaman: 135
(Staff of Sneaky Stealin')

Core:

x24 Orc Boyz: 174 <BSB here>
(Shields, FC)

x20 Savage Orc Boyz: 215
(extra choppa, musician, standard)

x20 Night Goblins: 114
(x2 fanatics, musician)

x5 spider riders: 71
(musician)

x5 wolf riders: 71
(spears, musician)

Special:

x6 Savage Orc Boar Boy Big 'Uns: 244
(spears, shields, musician, standard, banner of butchery)

x19 Black Orcs: 284 <Grimgor here>
(shields, musician, standard)

x1 Orc Boar Chariot: 85
(Extra Crew)

Rare:

x1 Doom Diver: 80

Total: 2248

With this, my hammer of foot savage orcs is replaced by savage orc boar boyz. This adds another good killing unit to my list, while sacrificing 2 spear chukkas and the big 'uns upgrade on the foot savages.

The question is, is the unit of savage orc boyz on foot still good enough to keep as big 'uns without the banner of butchery?

If so, I could always just keep the 1st list and transfer the banner of butchery to the black orcs and have them dual wield for a round of 3 attacks a piece. I'm really not sure which list is better. PLEASE help me decide.

warlord hack'a
23-05-2009, 14:24
svg orcs on foot with extra choppa are defiintely good enough to keep. The svg boar big uns however are not.. You will need to sacrifice a fast cav unit to keep these guys from being baited, flank charged and butchered, and you only have 2 fast cav units.

This means that the other fast cav unit has to protect 2 flanks by himself which is impossible. And this leaves you svg orc footblock sort of baitable, though that is hard to do if you keep the orc boar chariot near this block, which I advise you to do.

Personally I would drop grimgor and the black orcs as this unit combined I find too expensive, but they are quite hard so you get what you pay for I guess. But my main reason for avoiding black orcs is that they take up a special slot, which i prefer to spend on chariots or chukka's..

Still on the whole I miss support: more chariots, some snot blocks, another fast cav unit, maybe a vanilla Ng unit, just to put some more meat on the table.. If I were you I would drop the boar boyz, get another boar chariot in their stead and use the remaining 160 points on another fast cav unit and maybe some night gobbo's or 2 snot blocks.