PDA

View Full Version : Aggressive Combat oriented 2K vamps for tourney

Jack Shrapnel
23-05-2009, 14:00
Hi there...

here's my current 2k list that I'm looking at for a local tourney... comments and recommendations greatly appreciated!

General:
Vamp lord: Blood drinker, Walach's bloody Hauberk, Dread Knight, Red Fury, Infinite Hatred

Heroes:

Wight King, Barded skeletal steed, sword of kings (goes with BK)
Necromancer: ION, Vanhel's danse, Corpse Cart, book of arkhan (goes in 10 ghoul bunker)
Vampire: spectral form, BSB (goes with cairn wraiths)

Core:

5 Dire Wolves
5 Dire Wolves
10 ghouls (necro here)
12 ghouls
12 ghouls
16 ghouls (vamp lord here)

Special:

5 Black Knights: Standard, barding, Royal standard of Strigos (WK here)
3 Fell bats

Rare:
Vargulf
3 cairn wraiths, 1 banshee (BSB goes here for marching, +1 CR, and US5)

6 PD + 2 bound, 5 DD, 1996 points

Jack Shrapnel
25-05-2009, 14:16
An alternative......

In considering my idea for a fast, aggressive combat oriented list for the upcoming tourney this weekend... I was reading forum tactics, and came across a few about the good old zombie dragon - with opinions ranging from seriously risky to just plain bad idea....

So not one to let common sense get in the way of my logic.... here's an alternative to my earlier posted list - could this actually work better from an aggressive combat oriented standpoint?

General:
Vampire Lord: Zombie Dragon, level 3 upgrade, balefire spike, flayed hauberk, book of arkhan, wristbands of black gold, infinite hatred, red fury, walking death
(eek what a pointsink!!!! )

Vampire: BSB, nightmare, biting blade, walach's bloody hauberk, ghoulkin, summon ghouls

Necromancer: Corpse cart, Hand of dust, Vanhel's danse extra spell

Core:

12 ghouls with ghast (both BSB and Necro go here)
10 ghouls
10 ghouls
5 dire wolves

Special:
5 black knights, standard bearer with standard of hellish vigor

Rare:
Vargulf
3 cairn wraiths and a tomb banshee

1998 points, 7 PD + 3 bound, 6 DD

Feedback, or a sound smack in the back of the head appreciated! this is a 2k all comers tourney... known to be there for sure are Dark elves, a heavy raising vamp list, skaven, warriors of chaos, and a Tzeentch demon army which includes a Tzeentch greater demon a wood elf army and a high elf army

SevenSins
25-05-2009, 17:20
first list looks decent enough although I'd try t include ghoulkin somewhere to speed things up. considering the opponents you know you'll face I'd also consider dropping the wraiths as they'd likely be killed off.

second list not so good ;) zombie dragons greatest drawback is making your general a large target.... never good for vc.

just my 2kr