PDA

View Full Version : Buboes

vinny t
23-05-2009, 17:09
Doaes anyone know if buboes can snipe the skink priest off the engine, or is it randomized?

Loq-Gor
23-05-2009, 17:25
No, the Priest, Stegadon, and other skinks are all a single model. You target the model and then the hit is randomized per LM rules. The WoC faq allows characters to be sniped out of units, but the steg became a character mount in the 7th ed, so now it works according to rules on monstrous mounts and their riders.

danny-d-b
23-05-2009, 18:01
yep its randomised- which is stupid realy

other question

do you get a ward save from the revers ward save pendent from buboes as there is no strenth given?

nosferatu1001
23-05-2009, 18:05
Well, if it doesn't have a strength, how do you work out the value of the strength test?

"No" is the short answer...

Taureus
23-05-2009, 18:06
yep its randomised- which is stupid realy

other question

do you get a ward save from the revers ward save pendent from buboes as there is no strenth given?

I would say no, just because the Pendant keys in on the Strength of the wound in order to save you.

EDIT: Ninja'd!!

Nurgling Chieftain
23-05-2009, 18:34
You cannot randomize the hit because no hit is inflicted, and wounds are not randomized. So, by RaW, that answer doesn't even work. :evilgrin:

Atrahasis
23-05-2009, 18:38
"Hits and wounds" from spells are distributed as shooting, unless otherwise specified.

Nurgling Chieftain
23-05-2009, 21:03
...Nevermind.

Spirit
23-05-2009, 21:15
This, is the single best piece of information ive come across in a long time.

As it needs line of sight, can it pick a wound off from a kroxigor in a unit of skinks? Im thinking no.

Clegane
23-05-2009, 21:25
This, is the single best piece of information ive come across in a long time.

As it needs line of sight, can it pick a wound off from a kroxigor in a unit of skinks? Im thinking no.

Unless the Nurgle sorc is on a Dragon or a Manticore, then no. The Krox would not be targetable, because he is screened from view by the first rank of sinks.

Witchblade
24-05-2009, 17:55
I'm currently trying very hard to come up with a fluff explanation why the buboes wound gets randomised.

...I failed.

EvC
24-05-2009, 18:07
Because the Priest detects the Winds of Magic, so ducks behind the walls of his howdah. Since the Nurgler needs to be able to see whomever he is targetting, there's a fair chance of it affecting the Steg or other crew.

...well, that works for when we blast Stegadons with it, can't really come up with anything to decide why a guy on a dragon would get the same protection...

danny-d-b
24-05-2009, 18:53
and once you deal with that you can comeup with fluff behind the dragon and the rule of burning iron

'I'm a metal wizzard but I don't know the difrance between METAL and dragon skin, o no which one do I heat up?

Gazak Blacktoof
24-05-2009, 21:10
When we've had this sort of sniping come up in a game (not very often) we allow components of a compound model to be targeted- in the same way we don't treat items that affect the whole model (like potion of strength) as benefiting both the rider and mount.

A man on a dragon has got to be at least as easy to distinguish as a man among a regiment of men.

Mercules
25-05-2009, 18:56
It doesn't work to snipe Riders off mounts, but it does work to snipe crew from a warmachine as they are separate models.

danny-d-b
25-05-2009, 19:34
yep but if your wanting to kill the crew of the war mashine there are better ways of doing than magic, marauders/dogs are a better idea

EvC
25-05-2009, 20:03
Yeah, but they don't work on the firsy turn of the game ;)

danny-d-b
25-05-2009, 20:08
true!
but I suppose its a rule thread not a tactics thred to!

shame, WOC could do with a cheap flyer/ skermisher/ scouting unit

Witchblade
25-05-2009, 21:05
Because the Priest detects the Winds of Magic, so ducks behind the walls of his howdah. Since the Nurgler needs to be able to see whomever he is targetting, there's a fair chance of it affecting the Steg or other crew.

What about when the nurgle sorcerer casts buboes on the Stegadon and accidentally hits the skink hiding behind the howdah? ;)

Harwammer
25-05-2009, 22:21
What about when the nurgle sorcerer casts buboes on the Stegadon and accidentally hits the skink hiding behind the howdah? ;)

He saw a small shape with his witchsight and mistook it for the stega's brain?

EvC
26-05-2009, 11:44
If we're going to get technical in retconning why the rule is there, let's go the whole hog: the Sorcerer would be looking at the Stegadon, and movement on top might catch his eye, which be automatically drawn to the skink, therefore the spell effect is resolved on the over-active Skink ;)

kramplarv
26-05-2009, 12:38
or... the winds of magic can be seen by other magic users and the skink priest can not really dispel it, but re-direct the hits against the stegadon counting that the stegadon will still be real badazz even with some buboes on the left hindleg :)

sulla
26-05-2009, 19:33
...or it's a really slow moving spell (a bunch of buzzing flies or something). It can't easily be avoided by someone shoulder to shoulder with other rank n'filers, but by the time it gets to the rider of a big beast, he has had time to sway and take cover behind his beast...:)

Nicha11
26-05-2009, 21:51
Similar Question

Can Rule of Burning Iron Snipe my skink priest on an EOTG?

Necromancy Black
26-05-2009, 22:31
No, the second Warhammer FAQ directly address RoBI saying as it targets models, you must randomise with multipart models.