PDA

View Full Version : First ever TK list 1000 points

rmb43
23-05-2009, 22:14
Hey everyone. I'm pretty new to the game, and have decided that I love the look and play style of the Tomb Kings. I'm planning on getting ahold of a battalion box and a few other models to start at the 1000 point level. I put together a quick army list for your review. My biggest question for all you TK vets out there is whether I should go for 2 or 3 heroes at the 1k level? Any input would be appreciated!

Heroes:
Tomb Prince- Great weapon, Light armor, Shield, Collar of Shapesh 133 pnts
Liche Priest- Neferra's Plaques, Cloak of the Dunes 165 pnts

Core:
20 Skeleton Warriors- Standard bearer, Light armor, Shields 190 pnts (TP goes here)
10 Skeleton Warriors- bows 80 pnts (LP goes here)

Special:
3 Carrion- 72 pnts
3 Ushabti- 195 pnts
3 Chariots- Standard Bearer, Banner of the Undying Legion 165 pnts

Total: 1000 pnts on the nose

Erie Ed
23-05-2009, 23:19
I would take out the 3 ushabti's and replace them with a tomb scorpion and a screaming skull catapult, other than that the list looks good.

rmb43
24-05-2009, 03:43
I like it! A TS and a SCC with skulls of the foe is the exactly the same cost as 3 Ushabti, but gives more flexability to the army. With this change, it seems better to put the LP with the catapult than the archers.

However, I am still worried about my magic phase. Is two characters enough, or do I need 3? It just seems like 1 prince and 1 priest doen't have enough dice to successfully cast their incantations.... Thoughts?

Erie Ed
24-05-2009, 07:59
well as far as TK tactics go I'm afraid I can't help you out much there :( but I will say that one of the TK's strong points are their magic. Vaul is a good resource for this he know's TK's better than anyone.

Gaargod
24-05-2009, 18:31
Personally i'd say swap the Plaques for Hieratic Jar. Yes, the plaques will work all the time and are pretty damm useful, but the sheer suprise factor of the Jar is what can turn a game around. Its what will allow you to get a flank charge on the turn you need it.