PDA

View Full Version : Price of The Tyranid Battleforce

SHOGUN_YAMATO
06-05-2005, 23:52
Is it some kind of a joke or is the new Tyranid BattleForce really that cheap ??

I mean it's 50 and the content is worth about 70 ?? It is as if you got a Carnifex for free :) Can someone put some light on the subject ??

Lion El Jason
07-05-2005, 00:20
I was speaking to a MO Troll and he confirmed the price. At which point I decided not to bother with buying 3 carnfex and thought about getting 3 battleforces!

The reason is that its policy to make it 500 points from now on. 'nid gaunts are cheap pointswise so you get a lot.

Zabuza
07-05-2005, 00:28
Sweet. I'll get one for sure.

Zabuza

Gabekun
07-05-2005, 02:44
the new battleforce is probably a good buy if you already have a nid army... but otherwise, I still think the old battleforce is a more effective setup... twice the number of gaunts, and 4 more genestealers. It's the better buy if you're wanting to start a 'Nid army from the ground up, IMO.

ph03nixflame
07-05-2005, 03:03
I know I will be buying a few battleforces like a lot of other nid players.

SHOGUN_YAMATO
07-05-2005, 08:29
Thanx for the Info guys :)

philbrad2
07-05-2005, 10:53
Is it some kind of a joke or is the new Tyranid BattleForce really that cheap ??

I mean it's 50 and the content is worth about 70 ?? It is as if you got a Carnifex for free :) Can someone put some light on the subject ??

I thought about this when it previewd a few weeks back on the French webstore. To my reckoning there's about 71/76 pounds worth of minis in the box for 50 - so I've preordered one just in case GW up the price! Well I wanted a 'Fex and soem of the new Stealers... you can never have enough 'Gaunts and I'll find some sort of use for those other Warriors - oh and extra Ripper bases of course ... QUICK ORDER ONE BEFORE GW NOTICES THEIR GIVING GAMERS A GOOD DEAL.. QUICK!!! :p

:cool:

Scythe
07-05-2005, 11:38
the new battleforce is probably a good buy if you already have a nid army... but otherwise, I still think the old battleforce is a more effective setup... twice the number of gaunts, and 4 more genestealers. It's the better buy if you're wanting to start a 'Nid army from the ground up, IMO.

But it doesn't has a (early release) carnifex... :D

Anyway, the battleforce looks like a really good deal. Tough I only really need the 2 carnifexes, I'm seriously concidering just buying 2 battleforces... Some extra gaunts are never bad, eh (even tough I already have about 150...)

de Selby
08-05-2005, 18:02
At one stage I had a plan to build a 'nid army using 2 or more of the old battleforces, but I ended up buying a stack of cheap gaunt and warrior box sets instead. With the new stealers (and fex) included in the new army box, I'm glad I held off.

gLOBS
08-05-2005, 18:28
Actually with everything you get with the new carny sprues you can just order the main body and leg sprue cause with all the extra stuff you can build another one for the cost of the legs and body.

lord_blackfang
08-05-2005, 18:45
Doesn't every Battleforce/Batallion box contain 4 regiment/squad-size boxes for the price of 3?

Brimstone
08-05-2005, 19:19
Doesn't every Battleforce/Batallion box contain 4 regiment/squad-size boxes for the price of 3?

Well the value for money does vary from Eldar at the top to marines at the bottom.

Eldar 72 for 50
Necrons 72 for 50
Tyranids - 71 for 50
Orks 70 for 50
Tau 69 for 50
IG 64 for 50
CSM - 63 for 50
Marines - 63 for 50

boogle
08-05-2005, 19:28
lets hope the Megaforce for Marines is wortha load then!!!!!!!!!

Brimstone
08-05-2005, 19:59
lets hope the Megaforce for Marines is wortha load then!!!!!!!!!

Well the Chaos one is 87 for 75 so it's probably around the same.

I think one of the main reasons behind the excitement on the Tyranid battleforce is that fact it includes one of the wonderful new Carnifexes and recent publicity behind their 'price adjustments'.

boogle
08-05-2005, 20:38
hmm lets see:
Tactical Squad 18
Dreadnought 20
Assault Squad 15
Predator 20
Combat Squad 9
Rhino 15

that might be whats in the new one (maybe take out the combat squad)

Killgore
08-05-2005, 23:37
Well any of these Battleforce boxed sets are good ways of starting a army, When i started Tau ages ago I bought 2 Battle forces.... If I ever started new Tyranids then I'll do the same.

Negafex
08-05-2005, 23:39
is it just me or on the american site does the battle force for grey knights actually charge more or the same than if you bought it regularly? i might have just made a mistake though

hood_oz
08-05-2005, 23:48
Actually with everything you get with the new carny sprues you can just order the main body and leg sprue cause with all the extra stuff you can build another one for the cost of the legs and body.

Yes, that was the discussion we had down at my local GW store. BUT, rumour has it that it is going to either cost a sh@t load to get the parts, like the Marneus Calgar stuff, (which if bought in parts costs more than the actual boxset)

or

They wont offer the body sprues for individual sale. Which means you will be buying full boxes. That is the rumour I heard. The monster weapon sprue wil be available for tyrants and other big creatures, but the body sprues were going to be held back from individual sale.

I am personally hoping this is not true, as I fully intend to get some extra sprues to make dead carnifex models for my table top terrain.

Lion El Jason
09-05-2005, 00:21
Well I'll be having a 2x Venom Cannon 'fex for starters for vehicle duty (Even with glancing only its still 4 Str 10 shots!)

oatish
09-05-2005, 01:35
This box set is a major incentive for me to start playing Tyranids. And the new 'fex is my greatest love!!

oatish

gLOBS
09-05-2005, 02:06
Unfortunatly if you have Carny with 2 venom cannons they inturn become one set of twin-linked venom cannons.

New Cult King
09-05-2005, 02:57
The new Battleforce looks nice, but I have absolutely no use for Termagants... I really hope they start selling the 'gaunts separately in this incarnation of the army.

Delicious Soy
09-05-2005, 07:52
I'm afraid not NCK, they simply made the termageant a little more viable as an option. Personally I think this is the best battle force out, you can field an army out of it and it has rebuy value (ie its worth getting another one)

Scythe
09-05-2005, 10:02
And concider this; even without the termagants, the box would be worth it.

The Beast
09-05-2005, 13:11
Can somebody please sum up what's in the new battleforce and what it's price is in other currencies?

Delicious Soy
09-05-2005, 13:15
- Carnifex
- Warrior Box
- Gaunt Box
- Genestealer Box

All for $150 Australian.

The Beast
09-05-2005, 13:58
Thanks. Austalian currency is on par with american and Canadian currency right?

Karhedron
09-05-2005, 14:51
Well the value for money does vary from Eldar at the top to marines at the bottom.
Although considering that the Eldar Battleforce consists mainly of Guardians and Jetbikes, I wouldn't go so far as to call it "good" value. ;)

Samoth
09-05-2005, 15:05

ROFLMAOROFLMOOAORMOALFOMROAOMRMOAO12!!1!1!!`!@121! 2!! >.<

Umm, not quite.

pestario
10-05-2005, 00:01
Does Anyone know what the US price is going to be for the Battleforce?

Im debating if I should Import from the UK or buy in the US

hood_oz
10-05-2005, 00:12
ROFLMAOROFLMOOAORMOALFOMROAOMRMOAO12!!1!1!!

Umm, not quite.

He is quite right to be amused by that earlier comment.

No, Australian currency is only JUST ahead of the NZ dollar at the moment.
The Oz dollar gets less than 50pence, and about 70cents US. Those are on good days.

Add in the 40% luxury tax and the import tax, as well as GST, and it makes you think seriously before buying another box of miniatures. You still buy them, but it takes a bit longer to decide to do it. (about two seconds in my case)

Incognito
10-05-2005, 01:19
OTOH, beat me if I'm wrong, but with inflation, hasn't buying from the American store been much better lately? Because I don't think GW changed their prices to take it into account. So it's actually a bit cheaper to buy from the U.S store then the UK store where the exchange rate into pounds rapes American buyers.

Delicious Soy
10-05-2005, 01:59
There's no need to be mean :p

pestario
10-05-2005, 03:46
OTOH, beat me if I'm wrong, but with inflation, hasn't buying from the American store been much better lately? Because I don't think GW changed their prices to take it into account. So it's actually a bit cheaper to buy from the U.S store then the UK store where the exchange rate into pounds rapes American buyers.

I can get the BAttleforce from the UK for about $94 US Shipped to my door, depending on the cost of the Battle Force is the US, I can normally get 20% off retail it still may be cheaper and I can get it earlier on top of that. Thats guessing the Battleforce price at $130 US retail

lostitgotit72
10-05-2005, 07:15
Well, having just checked the prices ect; I can get it for $121.21 + postage.

Or I could pay the 400 dollars here..........

hmmmmmm, I'll go for getting it from UK.

Oh and when I posted this the Rate for AU-US was hovering around 75 cents......

hood_oz
10-05-2005, 07:29
Well, having just checked the prices ect; I can get it for $121.21 + postage.

Or I could pay the 400 dollars here..........

hmmmmmm, I'll go for getting it from UK.

Oh and when I posted this the Rate for AU-US was hovering around 75 cents......

Do you mean the Army box, or the battleforce?

The army is around 350 normally, and the battleforce is around 150.
Even 121 is cheaper, and you get it a month earlier, and have it shipped to your door! Lazy people like me love the getting gifts delivered to the door....
;)

Lion El Jason
10-05-2005, 23:25
Unfortunatly if you have Carny with 2 venom cannons they inturn become one set of twin-linked venom cannons.

Nope. You get two of 'em.

lostitgotit72
11-05-2005, 06:35
My mistake. I meant the Big armie box with 16 gaunt's 16 Homagaunts ect; but just found out it wasn't.

Oh well, there goes my nid armie asperations..........