PDA

View Full Version : Terror

Jorgen_CAB
24-05-2009, 07:14
Has anyone notice how badly the Terror rules are written in regard to a Terror causing creature charging.

If a formation is successfully charged by one or more Terror-causing creatures, it must immediately take a Courage test. If it passes, there is no effect.

If the formation fails the Courage test, its warriors are terrified and the formation's Fight value is reduced to 0 for the reminder of the phase.

If you read this to the letter it means that the opposing formation is only reduced to zero fight until the end of the charge phase. How stupid is that?!?!? :confused:

Shouldn't it be until the end of the turn, or at least until the end of the Fight phase?

VeriNasti
26-05-2009, 09:47
There is GW writing skills for you...
Just take it in friendly matchs until the end of the turn

Rirekon
26-05-2009, 09:55
They constantly confuse their own terminology, look at some of the usage of "hits" through out the book. It's really frustrating that even starting from scratch they've managed get this stuff wrong.

Quannum
02-06-2009, 10:39
Another bugbear of mine is the inconsistency regarding modifiers "To Hit" with certain equipment.

Some things (e.g. lances) give +1 to DICE RESULT, others (e.g. Narsil) give +2 to TO HIT roll. There is a big difference between these two.

I assume they mean it to be the same thing, but its the inconsistencies that are just unprofessional.

I'm going to add a section to the "Questions to be FAQ'd" thread I started which will be "RAW Inconsistencies to be Sorted". Please add any you come across. Jorgen, I'll start by adding yours.

Q