PDA

View Full Version : 3K Ogre Eavy list (hits ard)

shadowskale
24-05-2009, 19:29
Core:
1X3bulls with light armor, ironfists =129

1x4ironguts =192
1x4ironguts =192
1x4ironguts =192

1X20gnoblars =40
1X20gnoblars =40
1X20gnoblars =40

rare units:
3Maneaters with, heavy armour =252

special:
10gorgers =750

Lords:
Skrag =400

Heroes:
1butcher with 1dispel scrolls, bangstick =180
1butcher with 2dispel scrolls =180

total: 2974points

brother slaughterer
24-05-2009, 21:37
Hi,

Not sure about the merits of your list as dont play OK, but just drooling at the prospect of playing a list such as yours with my dwarf slayers.

Gonna make a 3000pt list to see how it would do.

The part of your list that would worry me a little are the gorgers, thats a whole lot of pain but what a challenge.

Good luck

shadowskale
24-05-2009, 22:54
Hi,

Not sure about the merits of your list as dont play OK, but just drooling at the prospect of playing a list such as yours with my dwarf slayers.

Gonna make a 3000pt list to see how it would do.

The part of your list that would worry me a little are the gorgers, thats a whole lot of pain but what a challenge.

Good luck

wow, thanks for that :) Its nice to see some members who enjoy the idea of battling ogres. (most poeple think there weak) same I cant battle you.

oh yess, gorgers good for desroying dwaf warmachines :3
aswell as ripping things apart ;D

Gimp
24-05-2009, 23:10
Looks like a fun list to play with and against. Good luck. There is another player here on these forums whose name begins with an "M" cant remember who. He also fields an Orge list with loads of Goergers

Shamfrit
24-05-2009, 23:10
Your butcher configuration is illegal, I assume however you meant a single dispel scroll each, with one having the Bangstick, and the other the Cookbook?

On that note, I'd be tempted to take Skullmantle on one of your Butchers, to try and panic away units as your relatively small army advances across the board. Panicking away support units which will stall your advance, or pot hotting more lucrative targets that could prove a threat to you.

Your Gorgers are a little excessive, the best Skrag focussed lists tend to run around 8, 13 is seriously expensive game and model wise, when support units or a third butcher could make for better defence.

Skrag would make better of himself in a unit of Maneaters, 6 or so strong, buffing this and then getting the Gorgers up as quick as possible is your only real chance of victory - once Unbreakable + MR2 + regen starts to stack up, your opponent will simply give in. (I know I certainly would.)

EDIT: That would be Mercules I assume Gimp? He's used the list against me, or something more refined and similar for sure. He'd be a better help no doubt.

Mercules
25-05-2009, 07:17
Your butcher configuration is illegal, I assume however you meant a single dispel scroll each, with one having the Bangstick, and the other the Cookbook?

You can take multiple Dispel Scrolls on a single Wizard so his setup is fine. Still, with that many dispel dice he might not need 3 scrolls and can take something more fun.

EDIT: That would be Mercules I assume Gimp? He's used the list against me, or something more refined and similar for sure. He'd be a better help no doubt.

Mallorian is likely what Gimp was thinking of. He runs a Skrag list at 3K. I believe he runs with 8 Gorgers at that point. He prefers to have Gnoblars and Ogres and uses the Gorgers to pin things in place so he can charge them. His list is well built and his experience with it excellent to tap for your own playing.

Shadowskale,

I would check the cost on those Butchers. They start at 130 and can only have 50 points in Magic Items. This means the MOST they could be would be 195 with a Luck Gnoblar and 2 Tooth Gnoblars(The luck gnoblar being worthless since they have no armor save).

You won't need that many Gorgers. It might be fun, but they can't kill enough on their own to make the difference. Maybe pick up some Maneaters for your rare slots? In fact I don't think you can take Gorgers in your Rare slots with Skrag. Maneaters can hit like a ton of bricks and Gorgers taking out shooting or tying it up will help protect them till they can get into combat.

What you have now will be an expensive army to field with all the metal. Maneaters might make it more so, but might be worth it. :)

Good luck and let us know what you decide on and how it works.

Shamfrit
25-05-2009, 10:07
Ah, fair enough, I'm sure it was you online - I meant points cost with the Butchers, as you've pointed out, he can take two scrolls by all means, but not with another item to boot.

brother slaughterer
25-05-2009, 13:21
wow, thanks for that :) Its nice to see some members who enjoy the idea of battling ogres. (most poeple think there weak) same I cant battle you.

oh yess, gorgers good for desroying dwaf warmachines :3
aswell as ripping things apart ;D

Thanks, always love playing OK, so much character and heavy hitting, but very prone to running away, which I like!!!
Your gorgers wouldnt have many war machines to play with in my list, only 1, so would have to content themselves with eating naked ginger stubty flesh.

enjoy :)

brother slaughterer
25-05-2009, 13:23
PS where in Wales is your local store?
Love to give you a game sometime and Wales not too far.

Cheers

Mercules
25-05-2009, 17:49
Ah, fair enough, I'm sure it was you online - I meant points cost with the Butchers, as you've pointed out, he can take two scrolls by all means, but not with another item to boot.

Yes, I believe we played online and I ran a Skrag list in 2k. I was a bit limited at that point level so I have come to agree with Malorian that 3k is where Skrag starts to shine. Sadly this means no army less than 2k will have a Slaughterlord for me, and I so love Gut Magic.

shadowskale
25-05-2009, 18:37
I would check the cost on those Butchers. They start at 130 and can only have 50 points in Magic Items. This means the MOST they could be would be 195 with a Luck Gnoblar and 2 Tooth Gnoblars(The luck gnoblar being worthless since they have no armor save).

haha, slightly messed up the price there :rolleyes:
*changed*

You won't need that many Gorgers. It might be fun, but they can't kill enough on their own to make the difference. Maybe pick up some Maneaters for your rare slots? In fact I don't think you can take Gorgers in your Rare slots with Skrag. Maneaters can hit like a ton of bricks and Gorgers taking out shooting or tying it up will help protect them till they can get into combat.
Sounds good to me, I added the 3maneaters, however Imma stick with 10gorgers.

What you have now will be an expensive army to field with all the metal. Maneaters might make it more so, but might be worth it. :)

Lucky I already have 1maneater, the other two wil lbe easy to pick up.
Im finding it hard to get Skrag however. the only place I can buy him is on the GW site (Nuff said)

Good luck and let us know what you decide on and how it works.
thanks will do :D

brother slaughterer
25-05-2009, 19:46
Posted my list of slayer goodness.
Take a look and tell me how you think your boys will do against them.

Cheers

Mercules
25-05-2009, 23:14
Lucky I already have 1maneater, the other two wil lbe easy to pick up.
Im finding it hard to get Skrag however. the only place I can buy him is on the GW site (Nuff said)

Skrag is actually not that hard to pick up. I got mine cheap at a store in what was basically a bargain bin. When I wander through non-GW stores I can often find him for sale.