PDA

View Full Version : Spear Chucka + Bully + Shaman = Animosity?

stonetroll
25-05-2009, 01:59
I was thinking of using my spear chuckas to capture table quarters. Therefore I need US 5, which can be obtained by adding an Orc Bully and a goblin shaman (my scroll caddie for example).

However, this unit is now 5 models big (albeit one character), so does this mean that I have to start testing for Animosity?

If so, I would have to take the slightly more expensive option of a mounted Goblin Shaman to get the same effect (US5), but remain under 5 models.

anyone have experiences doing this?

Spirit
25-05-2009, 02:49
All i can say is good luck avoiding taking one casualty from the unit in 6 turns in order to capture the quarter. But i dont know about the animosity.

Edit: Now i think about it, a unit has to have a starting US of 5 to capture a table quarter, your unit counts as starting US1 and starting US4, neither of which meet the criterea for taking a quater and thus cant even if combined. Unless that rule is only for flanking.

Nurgling Chieftain
25-05-2009, 02:55
I don't know about taking a quarter with it, but I can say for a fact that warmachines are exempt from animosity, regardless of their unit strength. They're in the list of exceptions.

Zeuy
25-05-2009, 04:56
Now i think about it, a unit has to have a starting US of 5 to capture a table quarter, your unit counts as starting US1 and starting US4, neither of which meet the criterea for taking a quater and thus cant even if combined. Unless that rule is only for flanking.

Looking over the victory conditions on pg. 102, all I can find is that a unit must have US 5. No mention of starting that way or not. So, it sounds like this will work!

stonetroll
25-05-2009, 05:31
Looking over the victory conditions on pg. 102, all I can find is that a unit must have US 5. No mention of starting that way or not. So, it sounds like this will work!

Great, but what about animosity? Do I have to test when I join a character or not? Could take this even further.... would the chucka itself count as being a "model"? Because then even the addition of a single Bully would make you have to test for animosity... (and be able to capture table quarters).

WLBjork
25-05-2009, 05:33
See post 3, Nurgling Chieftain already answered the question of animosity ;)

Nicha11
25-05-2009, 05:34
to qoute the book.

"All of your units on the table are subject to animosity except:

Warmachines and chariots."

Your chucka is a warmachine, therfore.

No animosity.

T10
25-05-2009, 06:20
Put your shaman on a wolf or boar and have him join the warmachine near the end of the game.

-T10