PDA

View Full Version : WOC 2250 Chariot BSB

Cartoon
25-05-2009, 17:39
I'm looking for some feedback on my list. I know it probably won't be the most competitive thing out there but I'm hoping it can at least hold it's own against most reasonable lists. I will be playing primarily HE, DE, and VC. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Characters

Lvl 4 Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch. Disc, Golden Eye, Spell Familiar, Dispel Scroll, E. Shield 390 pts

Lvl 2 Sorcerer of Nurgle. Infernal Puppet, Chaos Steed 191 pts

Exalted hero of Tzeentch. BSB, Chariot, Blasted Standard, Shield, Halberd 314 pts

Core

6 Marauder Horsemen of Slaanesh. LA, Flails, Mu 112 pts

6 Marauder Horsemen of Slaanesh. LA, Flails, Mu, T. axes 124 pts

18 Marauders of Slaanesh. LA, Shields, Std, Mu 130 pts

18 Marauders of Slaanesh. LA, Shields, Std 126 pts

3 x 5 Warhounds 30 pts

Special

Chariot of Slaanesh 130 pts

12 Chosen of Slaanesh. Full Command, Shields, Halberds, Favor of Gods 305 pts

6 Knights of Nurgle. Std, Mu, Banner of Rage 335 pts

Total pts 2247 8 Power dice, 5 Dispel Dice

I'm still not sure on the character load out. I was debating dropping the spell familiar in favor of another dispel scroll as my magic defense is a little weak.

I really like the idea of a character on a chariot, although I'm sure he'll be a fire magnet. Hopefully the 4+ ward save from shooting will help him tough it out. The basic battle plan is to tie stuff up with my marauders and combine charge stuff with my chariots and knights. The chosen are the anchor to the line and because I love the models and put a lot of work into them.

So what do you guys think? I'm looking more for a list I will have some fun with, so as long as I'm not massacred by turn 3 I'll be ok.

Cartoon
29-05-2009, 04:52
Anyone have any advice? I would certainly appreciate it. I would think the blasted banner would give my exalted enough protection to stay alive for at least a little while. I wonder if I would be better off dropping the second chariot for something else, although I was under the impression chariots are better off run in pairs.

Kaos
29-05-2009, 06:18
I think the chariot Idea is a good one, should protect it against some of the artillery coming its way. I have been thinking about a Nurgle BSB with the Blasted Standard too.. In a chariot that is. Not sure wich is best

I had another idea of a lvl 2 nurg sorc in a chariot with Blasphemous Amuleth, Warrior Familliar and biting blade. A elfkiller for sure.

Not sure about the chosen ones. I see them as a nice target to shoot at. And the marauders seem to be too few. Maybe have a unit of Warriors and make larger units of marauders instead.

Since you have one chariot with a character on perhaps changing the other one with some points tweaking into a nuit of 3 khorne Ogres, Chaos Armour and Great Weapon might be a interesting idea?

Just some thoughts, Cheers.
Kaos

Daicon
29-05-2009, 06:28
I like your list because it has a lot of original choices to it, but I think it could be quite a bit better with some different choices.

First thing I'd do is switch up your BSB. I would drop it entirely in favor of giving him higher kill factor. Mark of Khorne for the exalted and his chariot will see you dishing out quite a lot of pain on the charge. After that I'd go with the axe of khorne and a shield. Mark of Khorne for the other chariot as well, your opponents sure won't be laughing as you're throwing 6 strength 5 attacks and 4 strength four attacks at them.

After that, this is just my personal opinion, but I feel you're a little heavy on the marauders. The units are two small to be of any real threat to your opponents. Consider melding them into one block of 20 or so. Again, just personal preference, but I run my marauders with mark of khorne and flails which makes them a pretty solid hammer unit.

Cartoon
29-05-2009, 15:49
While I love the killyness that Khorne brings I have to realize that I'm not that fantastic of a player yet, so I'm wondering how well I'll be able to control all that frenzy. How difficult is it to control frenzied chariots? It would probably be a good idea to learn, cause wow they can really bring it.

I was actually thinking of dropping the banner of rage from my knights and probably giving them the warbanner. This, along with dropping the t. axes of the marauder horsemen should give me just enough points to bump up my marauders to 20 a piece.

Khorne Ogres sound like fun, maybe I could alternate between the two (chariot and ogres).

Edit - Daicon, how survivable are your khorne marauders? I was planning on using mine to sort of tar-pit the enemy until I could smash some chariots into the flanks. Do you think they would last long enough? Also, how difficult is it to control frenzied infantry?