PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Mobile Empire Army List.

lparigi34
25-05-2009, 23:05
Hello, I used this one in a tourney ran this weekend. I lost one (massacred), almost tied one (lost due to incredibly bad rolls, my opponent was nice enough to acknowledge it) and massacred once.

Captain
Full Plate Armour, Pistol, Lance, Shield
Pegasus
Cloak (5+WS)

Wizard, Lvl2
Power Stone
The mirror

Wizard, Lvl 2
Dispel Scroll
the arcane item that lets you cast +1 lvl dice)

25 Swordmen
9 Free Company Detachment

30 Spearmen
9 Free Company Detachment

10 Scouts

2x6 pistoliers

Steam Tank

---------------------------------

I send the pistoliers ahead to decimate enemy units close by, while luring them out off position. If there are warmachines they can also go after them. The general is on a Pegasus to fly near the units needing to regroup.

Once the units are off site, usually I position my infantry units to receive the chargers the next turn, while the Tank is meant to receive and take on harder units (that S2 template but no AS works great against armored cavalry). For some reason my ST cannon misfires 50-50 and gets pretty damaged, so I tend not to use it as shooting platform but rather as a combat monster.

My 2 wizards have Beasts Lore, I've found it to be quite handy into boosting unit abilities (which I also found more effective than direct damage spells). The wizard with the mirror and Bears Anger cast on it is also nasty surprise, specially if you magic (or solo) charge it into an enemy character that dares to take the challenge.

The Scouts are for support and possible march blocking. They also come handy into controlling woods.

Kalec
26-05-2009, 03:11
A warrior priest would help you more then the peggy cap'n. An extra dispel die and two extra bound spells with the doomfire ring would give your magic offense and defense a welcome boost.

Swordsmen are better detachments then free company because they have enough armor so that they don't give up as much CR.

Musicians for the pistoliers so they can take full advantage of their fast cav fleeing bonuses. A small price to pay for a huge boost in effectiveness.

I would swap the huntsmen (scouts) for a unit of 5 knights with a musician. Marchblocks, baits and flees, is faster, and can survive bowfire or S4 magic missiles with ease. The scouts are going to have trouble getting anything out of the woods anyway.

lparigi34
26-05-2009, 03:20
Good advice.

I believe that taking that priest in a horse gives me as much as movement as I need.

Dropping the peggy cptn and the Scouts will also buy me the knights, that may help too.

The swordmen advice for detachment is sound. Maybe 2 detachments may work, one of militia, for cannon fodder, and one Swordmen, for the real support value.

Pistoliers had musician, forgot to mention. It is paramount for my tactical approach.

AvariceX
26-05-2009, 04:47
Old 5th ed vet here returning for 7th ed :)

Looks like a pretty solid list, but your general is going to be a pretty easy target on that Pegasus. Having a flying leader helps a lot though since you can bring his Ld wherever you need it, but it's always nice to have the protection of some rank & file troops. I'm not sure whether I like the idea or not; seems like it should work great against CC heavy armies, but suffer against anything shooty.

Personally I've never seen a Power Stone be anything but a waste of points. I'd rather just take Ring of Volans and get a guaranteed spell cast (possibly power level 12 depending on the spell). I'm also convinced Lore of Metal is quite simply the way to go, and Law of Gold is hilarious when combined with a Crystal Ball.

That Steam Tank is going to give people aneurysms in a <2k game, but if you're playing to win then more power to you.

lparigi34
26-05-2009, 15:03
Old 5th ed vet here returning for 7th ed :)

Looks like a pretty solid list, but your general is going to be a pretty easy target on that Pegasus. Having a flying leader helps a lot though since you can bring his Ld wherever you need it, but it's always nice to have the protection of some rank & file troops. I'm not sure whether I like the idea or not; seems like it should work great against CC heavy armies, but suffer against anything shooty.

Agreed, actually that is just how it went in the games I played. He'll be swapped for a Priest on a Horse, that also adds to my magic, both attack and defense.

Personally I've never seen a Power Stone be anything but a waste of points. I'd rather just take Ring of Volans and get a guaranteed spell cast (possibly power level 12 depending on the spell). I'm also convinced Lore of Metal is quite simply the way to go, and Law of Gold is hilarious when combined with a Crystal Ball.

Didn't need the Crystal Ball to the tourney... was open lists, which I hated. IŽll review that one. I've been just quite successful using beasts, so please understand my aversion to change in this :p.

That Steam Tank is going to give people aneurysms in a <2k game, but if you're playing to win then more power to you.

LOL... that was funny.:)

Actually, as opposite as with the beasts lore, my tank almost never wins me a battle and usually lose 1/2 its wounds by itself (maybe the cannon barrel hasn't been cleaned in a while :()

So, actually I just take it for the fun. Seriously, if you ask me, a pair of cannons are far more effective. Maybe I can drop the tank, buy a couple of cannons and then keep my scouts (I just love them!)