PDA

View Full Version : Plague Censer Bearers

Griffery
26-05-2009, 00:47
I was wondering if you could just declare a charge the first turn, and fail, so you would not have to remain within 3" of the Plague Monks. Am I allowed to do this?

Clegane
26-05-2009, 01:31
I was wondering if you could just declare a charge the first turn, and fail, so you would not have to remain within 3" of the Plague Monks. Am I allowed to do this?

No. It is illegal to declare a charge that you know cannot succeed.

Nicha11
26-05-2009, 01:39
No. It is illegal to declare a charge that you know cannot succeed.

True, but it is very, very hard to prove.

Clegane
26-05-2009, 04:48
True, but it is very, very hard to prove.

You don't have to 'prove' anything. If both players are sensible sportsmen it should be VERY easy to determine whether or not a charge is 'impossible', especially in the first turn.

In the OP's case, he was clearly asking if he could declare a charge for the sole purpose of circumventing a special rule for his unit.

Its the same thing as someone trying to declare a first turn charge against a WLC in order to force it to flee off the board. It is unethical and should be grounds for a head-smack with a hardbound BRB.

xragg
26-05-2009, 05:56
Pretty sure the "within 3 inches" rule is only for set up. If not, then I have been cheating people for a very long time. I will have to break out my book and double check that.

Edit: Yep, I have been unintentionally cheating people, lol. Good thing I rarely play my skaven anymore, nor use clan pestilen units much. Shame on me.

ICLRK625
26-05-2009, 06:37
Well, considering they're frenzied, it'd be very easy to prove that you're faking a charge considering you have to check to see if they're in range of an enemy. Also, if it's blatantly obvious, you're just being a poor sport, in which case I'll be more then happy to declare charges against your Warp Lightning Cannon every turn.

stripsteak
26-05-2009, 22:14
well aside from all mentioned above. you also can not declare a charge with a frenzied unit. You must measure the distance and only then are charges for frenzied units determined. so even if it weren't blatantly far it'd be impossible to do with a frenzied unit.

Urgat
26-05-2009, 22:24
Actually, iirc, you cannot declare a charge with a frenzied unit, actually. I don't have the BRB handy, but I remember a conversation about that.

stripsteak
26-05-2009, 22:37
it's in the first FAQ.

Urgat
26-05-2009, 22:57
Heh, sorry, didn't mean to repeat what you said, I should have refreshed the page before posting :p

Griffery
27-05-2009, 00:42
Yeah I that makes sense. Also I wouldnt want my WLC to be charged from across the map and flee. Thanks for clarifying, I was just thinking there would be a way to get around the 3" rule.