PDA

View Full Version : 2k dark elves- all out broken list

chippyman64
26-05-2009, 08:57
i tried to make this list as broken as possible

dreadlord
manticore
caledors bane (+3 str)
armour of eternal servitude (h.arm regen)
ring of hoetek
sea dragon cloak
shield

master
manticore
death piercer (KB lance)
blood amor (+1 armour save each wound)
sea dragon cloak
shield

3x 5 dark riders
xbows

hydra

hydra

x2 5 shades
g wep
assasain
add hw
rune of khaine

5 harpies

tricker53
26-05-2009, 09:41
all out broken and no pendant. . .?

i vote manbane on the assassins, and put the master on a cold one with a 1+ save (0+ at range) (HA, shield, SDC, cold one). i never liked blood armour. instead of shield, maybe even go shield of ghrond. imo just take a normal lance, and give this guy hotek.

on the dreadlord, i recommend the pendant of khaeleth. it makes him almost immune to bolt throwers, cannons, and any warmachine almost. plus going for a 0+ (-1+ at range) (HA, enchanted shield, SDC, cold one). will mean in almost any scenario you get atleast a 3+ save, and probably more. as you can see, i prefer cold ones to manticores, especially with half of the magic armour available to dark elves, and of course pendant.

not a fan of GWs on such a small unit of shades.

lastly, maybe add 1 unit of CoKs to give a hammerish anvil to your master (should you to choose to give him a cold one). +D3 CR standard and full command should suffice.

FunkyRatDemon
27-05-2009, 00:29
all out broken and no pendant. . .?

i vote manbane on the assassins, and put the master on a cold one with a 1+ save (0+ at range) (HA, shield, SDC, cold one). i never liked blood armour. instead of shield, maybe even go shield of ghrond. imo just take a normal lance, and give this guy hotek.

on the dreadlord, i recommend the pendant of khaeleth. it makes him almost immune to bolt throwers, cannons, and any warmachine almost. plus going for a 0+ (-1+ at range) (HA, enchanted shield, SDC, cold one). will mean in almost any scenario you get atleast a 3+ save, and probably more. as you can see, i prefer cold ones to manticores, especially with half of the magic armour available to dark elves, and of course pendant.

not a fan of GWs on such a small unit of shades.

Agree on Pendant

lastly, maybe add 1 unit of CoKs to give a hammerish anvil to your master (should you to choose to give him a cold one). +D3 CR standard and full command should suffice.

The entire idea is 2 Flying Terror Bombs, that are dead-killy
GW's on shades are a must, 2 S3 A won't do much, and if they get charged they are already dead...so just go for the S5 A

Witchblade
27-05-2009, 02:24
I'm missing KB on your assassins and the pendant.

fubukii
27-05-2009, 05:19
drop the manticores if you want broken, get a dragon and some black guard,

Dark14
27-05-2009, 05:34
ya its not to broken if u want broken take crone and put her on a manticore if you like them. 6-9st10atacks from her +the manticore.... also theres not staying power in this list or magic defence. the rings good but people spam 1 or 2 dice MM at your shades and DR they die first spell. the char are ment for combat but everything else is shooting and not alot fo shooting to... get some inf drop the DR/harpies. change the master to atleast 1 sorc prolly a master would help on foot or a co to jsut to many pts on him for a manticore.

Lord Dan
27-05-2009, 05:56
Are you actually planning on running this list, or are you just trying to come up with the most broken list possible? If it's the latter, I would have gone a whole different way.

riotknight
27-05-2009, 06:06
i tried to make this list as broken as possible

dreadlord
manticore
caledors bane (+3 str)
armour of eternal servitude (h.arm regen)
ring of hoetek
sea dragon cloak
shield

master
manticore
death piercer (KB lance)
blood amor (+1 armour save each wound)
sea dragon cloak
shield

3x 5 dark riders
xbows

hydra

hydra

x2 5 shades
g wep
assasain
add hw
rune of khaine

5 harpies

This isn't as broken as you think it is.
I faced much worse.
Lord on Dragon
Hero on Manticore
3x5 Dark Riders
12 Cold One Riders with Frenzy and ASF banners(A BSB in here i guess?)
2x Hydra

I may be missing some stuff, But the list is much scarier than yours.

Gaargod
27-05-2009, 11:25
Oddly enough, there's another list on this page which is trying to be balanced which is more broken than yours.

I find it amusing :D