PDA

View Full Version : Any new word on the top secret brewing at GW?

eagletsi1
26-05-2009, 12:33
Been away for 3 weeks and searched, but can't find anything.

Is there any new information?

Ultimate Life Form
26-05-2009, 12:38
Nothing except for a ridiculous thread with heavy speculation about a weird pic that was closed and removed by the merciless mods. For the aftermath look here:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200488

Condottiere
26-05-2009, 13:39
Probably not - crab man is probably much ado about nothing.

Ancre
26-05-2009, 13:48
Secret brewin ? Bugmans Beer ?

Malarowski
26-05-2009, 14:13
It's the TK re-release with the WAR expansion. There will be ingame goodies included in the boxes.

DarkTerror
26-05-2009, 14:36
It's the TK re-release with the WAR expansion. There will be ingame goodies included in the boxes.

Please don't mislead the original poster.

Jedi152
26-05-2009, 14:44
Basically, nothing. No official confirmation that anything is even going to happen.

One poster who did some work with EA reckons they're planning to make a big thing of the TK expansion for Warhammer Online.

DarkTerror
26-05-2009, 14:49
Basically, nothing. No official confirmation that anything is even going to happen.

One poster who did some work with EA reckons they're planning to make a big thing of the TK expansion for Warhammer Online.

Exactly. There hasn't been any information from a credible source to come out yet. The original rumor wasn't even a credible source.

Any information you're getting right now is far more likely than not to be incorrect.

EvC
26-05-2009, 14:52
My my, aren't we all cynical. Just how I like it :D

Inquisitor Gideon
26-05-2009, 15:19
Going back through my old white dwarfs, i was reminded that they released a warmaster scale Araby force. Any thoughts on whether they may have scaled Araby up into 28mm?

Condottiere
26-05-2009, 15:24
If, and if, a new range were released, my money would be on Araby as being the most likely, as opposed to CD, Far East or Fish Men.

Gurunty
26-05-2009, 15:24
I was thinking there might be a reason why references to the history of the fish-men appeared in the new WoC fluff... :rolleyes:

dsw1
26-05-2009, 17:19
I was thinking there might be a reason why references to the history of the fish-men appeared in the new WoC fluff... :rolleyes:

:wtf: I never saw this. Sounds interesting, can you reference the page please?

I was under the impression that "fishmen" was just a rumour created by warhammer gamers for a laugh when they heard about a new army appearing [quite] a few years ago?

Either way, reference please :D.

xenotaph
26-05-2009, 17:57
I don't know. When I saw the supposed leaked picture the other day all I could think of was that someone watched Star Wars again and decided to design a gungun army.. Just darker and grittier.

Bregalad
26-05-2009, 18:21
Yes, like we had the Dark Eldar and Witchhunter release with Dawn of War: Soulstorm and new Tau and Necrons with Dawn of War: Dark Crusade.:rolleyes:

Malarowski
26-05-2009, 18:24
Yes, like we had the Dark Eldar and Witchhunter release with Dawn of War: Soulstorm and new Tau and Necrons with Dawn of War: Dark Crusade.:rolleyes:

Yeah! Just even bigger and better, with sand. ;):p

mweaver
26-05-2009, 18:32
"Any new word on the top secret brewing at GW?"

No.

Jedi152
26-05-2009, 18:50
:wtf: I never saw this. Sounds interesting, can you reference the page please?

I was under the impression that "fishmen" was just a rumour created by warhammer gamers for a laugh when they heard about a new army appearing [quite] a few years ago?

Either way, reference please :D.
It was, but i suspect it's wheedled it's way into a few things as an in-joke.

Like the last lizardmen's saurus with the mark of Tzunki. It mentioned gills, webbed hands and feet etc and mentioned that there are rumours of a city of the living somewhere underwater.

Dungeon_Lawyer
26-05-2009, 18:57
my money is on it going to be fishmen-the way they removed that pic so fast tipped their hand
no woc fluff on them but.....
..from the new lizardmen book.....

The doom of chupayotl

"perhaps others now occupy its temples, to creep ashore by moonlight and devour the unwary with mouthsfilled with row upon row of shark-like teeth. many strange are the tales told of sunken chupayotl"

darkelf book makes brief mention of fishmen too.

Tokamak
26-05-2009, 19:12
Only their theme song is avaible on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV5wmDhzgY8

Nightsword
26-05-2009, 20:24
I never saw this. Sounds interesting, can you reference the page please?

Page 38, bottom left box

-1860 "A sunken pyramid city rises from the depths of the ocean directly underneath the wayward fleet of the seafarer Lord Valdisson. A great battle is fought between the Warriors of Chaos and the city's scaly, web-fingered inhabitants. The day is carried when Valdisson's Sorcerers call down a comet on the city." (Warriors of Chaos, 2008)

Mentioned in the DE and Lizard books too.

Tae
26-05-2009, 20:26
Like the last lizardmen's saurus with the mark of Tzunki. It mentioned gills, webbed hands and feet etc and mentioned that there are rumours of a city of the living somewhere underwater.

Both the Malus Darkblade series and the DE army book make references to an 'ancient civilisation' that is connected with water in some way. The Malus book certainly has a lot more info on it when he finds an entire abandoned city of theirs in the wastes with lots of water/fish based stuff on the walls/floors etc. (iirc, haven't read that book for a few months).

Whereas the DE army book talks about how when they found the underground cave/passageway system it looked like it had been carved by an unknown civilisation.

Orcboy_Phil
26-05-2009, 21:03
Its not an injoke.

Page 38 of the Warhammer Rulebook. It even has a profile.

sirbone
26-05-2009, 21:06
pg.38 is the combat bonuses page...

Orcboy_Phil
26-05-2009, 21:07
pg.38 is the combat bonuses page...

Did I say which edition :p

HK-47
26-05-2009, 23:12
I saw the picture before it was take down and I really hope they don't make it a new army. The thing look nothing more then a floating chaos spawn with crab legs. There is nothing special about it and there are hundreds of things mentioned in fluff that do not have there own army book. Why should this one so special? If they are going to make it an new army then they should at lest update the other books first, and do real play testing. I really do not want to see an other army like Daemons.

eagletsi1
27-05-2009, 01:05
In the other message: I though Harry mentioned there was something brewing, but he would not reveal it. I also thought he said something about a games day in June, but that was the last I heard of it.

Horus38
27-05-2009, 02:14
Did I say which edition :p

OHHHH SNAP :D

To the OP: vague and swirling rumors my son, best not try and sift through them.

Gurunty
27-05-2009, 10:57
my money is on it going to be fishmen-the way they removed that pic so fast tipped their hand

They are mentioned in the WoC timeline, will post more when I get home and have a look at the book

btw, I'm not taking these rumours seriously but it's a laugh anyhoo

mrtn
27-05-2009, 11:54
Last edition Chupayotl entry in the Lizardmen book:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a4/mrtnw/Miniatures/Chupayotl.gif

Ultimate Life Form
27-05-2009, 12:15
Last edition Chupayotl entry in the Lizardmen book:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a4/mrtnw/Miniatures/Chupayotl.gif

Yeah. What I was talking about. Thank you for reminding me where I read this. Hey, look! I have another piece of top secret concept art here!:D

dsw1
27-05-2009, 15:02
Yeah. What I was talking about. Thank you for reminding me where I read this. Hey, look! I have another piece of top secret concept art here!:D

The third one from the left looks some what like Medusa.... :p

Malarowski
27-05-2009, 15:03
That is Blizzard's Lady Vashj. ;) So yeah no concept art there in case someone did not know.

Condottiere
27-05-2009, 16:53
At best that would be some form of Rare unit, not an army.

Gargobot
27-05-2009, 18:11
Is there any new information?
No, not really.

I don't think this indicates anything, as it was the Warseer mods who removed the pic, not the dreaded GW thought-police.
Besides you can still see it on dakkadakka, it still looks like amateur work to me. And its source is 4chan, not the site I would turn to when looking for believable rumours.
Also a few mentions in recent army books doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be fishmen.
But maybe I'm just saying that because I don't want it to be fishmen. :(

Bregalad
27-05-2009, 20:31
The poster of the fishman pic acknowledged that he stole it some time ago from an Ex-friend working for GW. Isn't that reason enough for banning the pic? BTW I don't believe and don't hope that it has anything to do with the mystery release.

Nephilim of Sin
27-05-2009, 21:14

And to others worried about the 'leaked pic', please see:

Nothing except for a ridiculous thread with heavy speculation about a weird pic that was closed and removed by the merciless mods. For the aftermath look here:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200488

In that very thread Wintermute stated a few days ago why the thread was closed, and that the pic did not violate IP. And then he has to state it again, recently. I don't see why there is any speculation on the 'conspiracy' of the leaked art, since the mods have explained why things were done. Unless the Mods are lying to us, but I don't exactly see them doing that.