PDA

View Full Version : Blade of Realities in Challenge?

nix
26-05-2009, 14:10
Had a quick question on an event that came up during a game this weekend.

I had a Dwarf Lord (3 wounds) hit by a character with the blade of realities in a challenge.

1. Lizardman hit 4 times with blade of realities
2. I rolled 2 leadership checks that passed
3. I rolled 1 leadership check that failed
4. I removed the Lord from the table, crediting 3 wounds toward combat resolution to the Lizardman.

The question is, should I have rolled the 4th leadership check? And, if I had failed the 4th check, would the combat resolution be 2x 3 wounds?

nosferatu1001
26-05-2009, 14:12
Yes, as you would have lost all your wounds again.

Its like multiple killing blows: you get the CR for all starting wounds.

Necromancy Black
26-05-2009, 14:15
I would say yes.

The wording for BoR is the model is slain. the wording for killing Blow is that it slays the model.

I think that until we get an FAQ to say otherwise the best way to treat it would be the same as Killing Blow. So each failed Leadership Test give CR equal to the number of remaining wounds on the model hit.

Paz
26-05-2009, 14:45
Cumulative as Killing Blow. For sure.

EvC
26-05-2009, 14:52
Be weary of silly sausages claiming that being slain does not mean the same thing as losing all your wounds, however (Even though every case where GW has commented, they have said that this is the case- chariots, killing blow, etc.)

Zarryiosiad
26-05-2009, 16:49
You do indeed have to take the additional leadership test for overkill (assuming you were in a challenge.) In addition, you need to let the Lizardman player roll to wound for the hits that you made your leadership test on, and take your saves as normal, modified by strength, etc. Any wounds caused that way count toward overkill as well.

Zarry

WLBjork
27-05-2009, 07:20
Yes, as you would have lost all your wounds again.

Its like multiple killing blows: you get the CR for all starting wounds.

Remaining wounds, not starting wounds (although the two are the same in this instance).

Milgram
27-05-2009, 09:40
if you roll 4 attacks in a challenge against an enemy with 2 wounds left, no saves applicable, 2 attacks roll for killing blow... how many CR do you get? is KB first? (so 6 CR)

as for a multipart character in challenge, first reduces the enemy to 0 wounds, then (lower I) gets a killing blow, do you get even 1 point to the combat resolution?

Atrahasis
27-05-2009, 09:41
2 for each Killing Blow plus any others.

Paz
27-05-2009, 10:30
Easy: CR = KB*"remaining wounds" + "unsaved wounds" :P

Kal Taron
27-05-2009, 11:02
My oppinion is to make the BoR 105pts. But that's probably just me.

stripsteak
27-05-2009, 21:02
if you have a KB weapon in a challenge you should be rolling all wounds individually. fast rolling isn't a rule just a helper method. CR can change based on remaining wounds with a KB weapon so it's important to know the order of the strikes

3 wound model
KB, wound, wound = 5cr ((3 remaining)+1+1)
wound, wound, KB = 3cr (1+1+(1 remaining)
wound, KB, wound = 4cr (1+(2 remainin) +1)

or just roll them all at once and count left to right for the order or something.

EvC
27-05-2009, 22:26
Nah, FAQ establishes that each and every KB in a challenge counts as score for all the remaining wounds on the victim. So no need.

rtunian
27-05-2009, 22:27
nvm. read errata. don't agree with reasoning but whatever.

to me, once you've lost all your wounds, you don't have more wounds to lose. i don't see how you can justify in one combat taking a wound, then losing the other 2 wounds twice (assuming in the 1 combat there were 3 wounds dealt, 2 of which kb rolls of 6, and yes, this is divergent from the topic which is ld based kb)

also, the faq seems to indicate that fast dice rolling, which is presented as merely a suggestion to speed up the game, means that all attacks that a model can deal are dealt at the same time instead of in succession, which is ridiculous... grimgor doesn't swing 7 times at the same time, because that's spatially impossible. he swings 7 times in rapid succession, sure, but they cannot be at the same time... it's like they took a tool to speed up the game and ninja'd it into a rule. of course grimgor doesn't have kb, but 7 simultaneous attacks just sounds more unreasonable than 4

imo a successive kb in a challenge should just count as an additional wound, but to be clear, i would play according to the faq and just grumble about it :p

Necromancy Black
27-05-2009, 23:04
Yeah, a was a bit surprised by the FAQ on killing blow, but now with the BoR I'm glad it came out.